Options

Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only person responsible for Peaches death is Peaches herself... No one put the drugs into her body but her ...

Exactly. Playing the 'blame game' is absolving Peaches of responsibilty for her own actions.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Exactly. Playing the 'blame game' is absolving Peaches of responsibilty for her own actions.

Why the need for a blame game when she's paid the ulitmate price and is dead.
  • Options
    lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    Exactly. Just that.

But you said her family played the media? As if it was strategic, as if they set out to deceive?

BIB^ - I don't understand this mindset. Why would your sympathy be less? She's still dead, it's still a tragedy, it's still devastating for her family. Addiction is an illness, not a choice.

Played probably isn't the best word but they withheld the drug information, I'm not saying that was the wrong thing to do I'm merely stating that it allowed for her to be painted as a doting earth mother instead of immediately a drug taking mother. It softened some people towards her, meaning that now they still have sympathy for her.

You're right it is a tragedy. For those left behind. My sympathy for her family would always be the same but I feel less sympathy for her knowing she was taking heroin around her child. My original point stands though, I still have more sympathy for her thanks to the pictures and stories during the time drugs weren't revealed. I feel like I shouldn't but I do.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    I think she seemed to be all consumed about her Mother in every way. Peaches, and I only garner this opinion from bit and pieces I’ve read over the years, appeared to be the daughter most like her mum in looks and in personality. I don’t think she appeared to comes to terms with Paula’s death in the way the other three girls apparently were able to. Like I said before, it’s all smoke and mirrors with people who are mentally unwell, unhappy or trying to hide stuff, isn’t it? They try to pretend that everything is fine. In the last couple of years, besides thinking she was a fair bit underweight, I thought she looked lovely. But…. At the F&F event on the 3rd April, in retrospect – looking at the video footage and pictures, she looked sort of sad and vacant. I now wonder if she had just decided she couldn’t go on anymore and in was a conscious decision to end it all.

I didn’t always agree with Peaches, especially about AP (which I think is a load of nonsense, but respect each individual’s right to parent their children how they see fit). But I think to suggest she was selfish and a junkie etc. is misguided and unfair. When you are deeply troubled or mentally unwell, making decisions with a clear head probably isn’t something that most people in that situation are capable of.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Just that.

But you said her family played the media? As if it was strategic, as if they set out to deceive?

BIB^ - I don't understand this mindset. Why would your sympathy be less? She's still dead, it's still a tragedy, it's still devastating for her family.

Addiction is an illness, not a choice.

It begins as a choice. It is the only illness a person can choose to have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose the next step will be to expose who provided her with the drugs, who was with her and who 'cleaned' up the crime scene and then disappeared. The one thing these celeb addicts never do is name their dealers.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or it begins as a method of easing pain, in one form or another.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    So if the Times is to be believed then, which it probably is - who removed the drugs stuff ,and did they remove a note ?

Why would there be a note, it was an overdose not a suicide.

Most overdoses are an accident, because the user believes they can handle more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? So all the earth mother stuff and attachment parenting really wasn't true then?

Apparently she wasn't producing enough milk to satisfy her baby. And judging by the size of both children, they clearly enjoy their food. (Please be aware that, that wasn't an attack on the children. There's nothing better than babies who love their nosh and Astala and Phaedra are simply beautiful)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose the next step will be to expose who provided her with the drugs, who was with her and who 'cleaned' up the crime scene and then disappeared. The one thing these celeb addicts never do is name their dealers.

its not the dealers fault. The person buying the drugs are big enough to make their own choices. Its only a dealers fault if they are selling to children and pushing drugs on people.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, you don't choose to be an addict. You may choose voluntarily to take a substance - drink or drugs - that has the potential to become addictive, but you do not choose addiction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would there be a note, it was an overdose not a suicide.

Most overdoses are an accident, because the user believes they can handle more.

You have no proof of that.

Suicide notes don't have to be in the physical form these days. She might have text her husband or someone close. She posted a picture of her husband and Astala two days before her death, when they were going to stay with his mother, with the caption "Bye boys"

That could be considered a suicide note.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    This is just terribly sad, yes we all know the dangers of heroin, therefore it's easy to condemn Peaches.
    However what none of us know, is, the state of her mind & the reasons she chose to turn to heroin. I'm quite sure she didn't wake up one morning & think "I know what I'll do today, I'll start taking drugs"
    Peaches, on the face of it seemed to have a wonderful life, a husband she loved, 2 beautiful children she clearly adored, no financial worries etc but something deep rooted, (perhaps how she had to deal with the sad death of her Mum & never had the chance to grieve properly, who knows) that nobody, especially the public knew anything about must have been troubling her for her to choose this way to ease her pain.
    I never gave Peaches much thought to be honest, except she was a bit of wild child who liked to party but maybe this was all false bravado to disguise how she was really feeling.
    What I do think is, once she met Tom & had her babies, she really wanted to turn her life around but I guess her demons wouldn't let her.
    It's so easy to judge people but unless you've walked in their shoes, nobody can ever know how someone is feeling.
    All I see is a tragic young lady who has, even more tragically, left 2 babies without a Mummy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you don't choose to be an addict. You may choose voluntarily to take a substance - drink or drugs - that has the potential to become addictive, but you do not choose addiction.

You do if you keep taking it until you are addicted. We are responsible for our own actions.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its not the dealers fault. The person buying the drugs are big enough to make their own choices. Its only a dealers fault if they are selling to children and pushing drugs on people.

Drug dealers are low life scum who prey on the vulnerable, if they didn't exist then people wouldn't take drugs in the first place because they wouldn't be able to get hold of them.
  • Options
    Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you serious??
    Dealers are the lowest of the low. If they didn't make it easier for people to buy drugs then perhaps more people wouldn't turn to them. It's all about money with them and is not an honest living.
    I will ask you a question. If you sold drugs to someone then they died would you feel guilty?
    Selling something to someone which is well known to kill can not be excused in anyway.
    And if reports are correct that someone cleared the scene, didnt ring for help and left a ONE YEAR old with the body then I really do question humanity.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Apparently she wasn't producing enough milk to satisfy her baby. And judging by the size of both children, they clearly enjoy their food. (Please be aware that, that wasn't an attack on the children. There's nothing better than babies who love their nosh and Astala and Phaedra are simply beautiful)

Yes they are beautiful children
    My daughters two are little dumplings, they were totally breast fed ( still are BF but eat food as well now) and the health visitor said my daughter must produce gold top. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do if you keep taking it until you are addicted. We are responsible for our own actions.

Yes but it's like a rolling ball. You take the drink/drugs because it makes you feel better, then the body says I need more than you are givng me. To give you the same feeling that you had previously and so it carries on.

I am sure the Alcoholic woman I know of did not set out to become addicted to drink when she started having a drink or two. To try and deal with her mothers suicide. However now it's no longer about her mum's death. Her body is craving the alcohol and she does not want to/cant stop drinking.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

I wish life was as simple as that, do you honestly think, people who are troubled, depressed or whatever are in the correct frame of mind to always make the right choices?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been thinking about this and I think she was suffering from PND. Sadly rather than get help for it she looked for a quick fix to the problem, sadly it's proved fatal.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is just terribly sad, yes we all know the dangers of heroin, therefore it's easy to condemn Peaches.
    However what none of us know, is, the state of her mind & the reasons she chose to turn to heroin. I'm quite sure she didn't wake up one morning & think "I know what I'll do today, I'll start taking drugs"
    Peaches, on the face of it seemed to have a wonderful life, a husband she loved, 2 beautiful children she clearly adored, no financial worries etc but something deep rooted, (perhaps how she had to deal with the sad death of her Mum & never had the chance to grieve properly, who knows) that nobody, especially the public knew anything about must have been troubling her for her to choose this way to ease her pain.
    I never gave Peaches much thought to be honest, except she was a bit of wild child who liked to party but maybe this was all false bravado to disguise how she was really feeling.
    What I do think is, once she met Tom & had her babies, she really wanted to turn her life around but I guess her demons wouldn't let her.
    It's so easy to judge people but unless you've walked in their shoes, nobody can ever know how someone is feeling.
    All I see is a tragic young lady who has, even more tragically, left 2 babies without a Mummy.

I wonder if her family knew she was taking drugs? If so, why did they leave her alone with her baby?
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He must be on drugs then. Case closed.

Seriously?????

Come off it, faux naivety doesn't suit you.

Would you want him and his cronies raising your kids?
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Save your pity for those children if you are such a judgemental piece of crap.

And for the record, people. Peaches wasn't breast feeding. She'd stopped months ago. Which she actually confirmed on Instagram.

Bit rich coming from you. You were very judgemental about her sister's choice to post pics on her intsagram after her death. I also think you have broken the rules by calling another poster a piece of crap, very disrespectful.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Come off it, faux naivety doesn't suit you.

Would you want him and his cronies raising your kids?

You don't even know the man or his friends, so how can you comment?
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    You don't even know the man or his friends, so how can you comment?

None of us know anyone and yet here we all are merrily commenting.

I can surmise, just like everyone else.