Options

Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    She had two sons I believe. How awful for them, she quite obviously adored her children.

not enough to stop using drugs though
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    not enough to stop using drugs though

If it was that easy to just stop, then addicts would. But it isn't. As it is, we have no idea whether she was regularly using or if this was just a one-off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smallalien wrote: »
    Yes, but she could still have made an excuse for him to take both and then done the drugs without telling him.

She could have made up a work appointment and hired a hotel room. She could have done various different things apart from using her baby as cover for drug taking and neglecting him while she got her kicks.

that is a disgusting thing to say. you don't know she was "using her baby as a cover" like you don't know that she took it for her kicks.

She struggled with demon's in her life. It might of been a random stressful day that she felt the need to use and for her this may of been the was she saw best to relieve her stress. She may not of planned it from the morning she got, I don't know that like you don't.
  • Options
    SmallalienSmallalien Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    Yes,I'm aware what a 'functioning' addict (of any sort) is but you said in a previous post "Heroin makes you absolutely incapable." Two very different things.

But it DOES. The two are not mutually exclusive. When you take heroin you become absolutely incapable of doing anything meaningful, certainly of looking after a child. You lie and stare, unaware of your surroundings, you wouldn't notice a child's cry, you wouldn't notice if a child pulled furniture on themselves or put their finger in an electric socket. You certainly wouldn't be capable of changing a nappy, sterilising a bottle or making up formula or preparing food.

There are times in between when some users can function. But when you are high you can't. And Peaches chose to get high while her child was there. She would have been absolutely incapable of looking after that child, she would have known she was going to be and gone ahead anyway in the full knowledge that would happen.

Functioning addicts exist, yes. But that doesn't mean they are not incapable when they are high. They will be.
  • Options
    Endeavor_MorseEndeavor_Morse Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I don't think she should have had kids given her drug and mental problems.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest whether someone is a functioning or not functioning addict is completely irrelevant to me. Addiction and having kids doesn't work in the long run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its been confirmed that heroin contributed but was she an addict, everyone is jumping to conclusions. I know someone that died from trying it once, they certainly wasn't an addict.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she should have had kids given her drug and mental problems.

You cant choose that for anyone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that is a disgusting thing to say. you don't know she was "using her baby as a cover" like you don't know that she took it for her kicks.

She struggled with demon's in her life. It might of been a random stressful day that she felt the need to use and for her this may of been the was she saw best to relieve her stress. She may not of planned it from the morning she got, I don't know that like you don't.

Oh right, so it was just a coincidence she decided to get high on the day her husband was out? Don't be ridiculous, of course she did it precisely because she knew she would be alone and undisturbed apart from the baby who couldn't tell anybody. If he knew she was taking drugs do you think he would have left them alone?

Practically every mother in the world has stress, many of whom have mental or physical health problems. Hardly any of them will chose to remedy that situation by injecting heroin.

And using a 'stressful morning' as an excuse for neglecting a child is just pathetic. That child had grandparents, a father, she had the money for a nanny. She could have arranged it so she could have got high at another time when he was in someone else's care. Taking heroin while in charge of a child is unforgivable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heroin has not been established as the cause of death. She could have taken it when with friends on the Friday, and it been in her system from then.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. She was definitely selling an image to the public which the reality of her life didn't reflect. I don't think she was doing it in a calculating way, I imagine she was desperate to really believe she was a perfect mother who had found this new idyllic life and was going to live happily ever after. The media, of course, bought into it which can't have helped.

Yes - and the irony is that her mother did exactly the same. The public were sold this story of the wonderful crazy life they all had with Paula as the perfect mum who wrote books on parenting etc and stayed home all day baking cookies etc etc. It all fell apart the moment she went off with Michael Hutchence.
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    But it DOES. The two are not mutually exclusive. When you take heroin you become absolutely incapable of doing anything meaningful, certainly of looking after a child. You lie and stare, unaware of your surroundings, you wouldn't notice a child's cry, you wouldn't notice if a child pulled furniture on themselves or put their finger in an electric socket. You certainly wouldn't be capable of changing a nappy, sterilising a bottle or making up formula or preparing food.

There are times in between when some users can function. But when you are high you can't. And Peaches chose to get high while her child was there. She would have been absolutely incapable of looking after that child, she would have known she was going to be and gone ahead anyway in the full knowledge that would happen.

Functioning addicts exist, yes. But that doesn't mean they are not incapable when they are high. They will be.
    You have changed from what you originally said so I'm leaving it there
  • Options
    mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The entire family need to get out of the public eye. There must be enough money to
    start a new life and get Peaches kids out of the showbiz/music nonsense. 20 years time---if I`m here-- I don`t want to see them falling out of nightclubs and involved in showbiz. Showbiz/music/media and yes journalism sound as if they are awash with drugs in a way other ways of life just aren`t.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right, so it was just a coincidence she decided to get high on the day her husband was out? Don't be ridiculous, of course she did it precisely because she knew she would be alone and undisturbed apart from the baby who couldn't tell anybody. If he knew she was taking drugs do you think he would have left them alone?

Practically every mother in the world has stress, many of whom have mental or physical health problems. Hardly any of them will chose to remedy that situation by injecting heroin.

And using a 'stressful morning' as an excuse for neglecting a child is just pathetic. That child had grandparents, a father, she had the money for a nanny. She could have arranged it so she could have got high at another time when he was in someone else's care. Taking heroin while in charge of a child is unforgivable.

BIB you don't know that. She could of taken it the day before, and how do you know the partner isn't on it too?? YOU DONT KNOW. No one knows anything apart from family, close friends and of course the people investigating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smallalien wrote:
    She was photographed at a film premiere in the early stages of her pregnancy with Astala with track marks on her arms so it seems highly likely she did drugs when she was pregnant too.

Do you have a link for that? Or a link to any evidence whatsoever that she did drugs whilst pregnant with either child?
    It (Addiction) begins as a choice. It is the only illness a person can choose to have.

One of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen on here. Laughably - actually, tragically - ill-informed.
    yorkiegal wrote:
    If however, this was a suicide where she purposely obtained heroin and then posted a last tweet with a picture of herself and her mum, before choosing to die in the same way, it puts another spin on things.
    shelleyj89 wrote:
    If it was that easy to just stop, then addicts would. But it isn't. As it is, we have no idea whether she was regularly using or if this was just a one-off.

I'd be surprised if it being a one-off (and maybe deliberate) were not the case. If she were using again regularly then the press would have torn her apart at the time, not indulged her.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I'm no expert on these things, so I found the wording interesting -

"concluded recent use of heroin. At levels identified, likely to have played a role in her death."

- is it common not to actually use the phrase "heroin overdose" or are they suggesting that something else played a part as well?

It could possibly have led to death via respiratory depression rather than in a sufficiently high quantity to OD.

Maybe they can't be sure either way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You cant choose that for anyone

She could and should have chosen it herself. Millions of people in their 20s don't have kids because they know they want to go out partying and get drunk so they put it off. What makes Peaches the special one who is entitled to neglect her kids because she wants to take drugs and have kids?
  • Options
    GODDESSGODDESS Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope...I`v known several functioning addicts who in fact only function when they have taken heroin...remove the heroin and they sink into cold turkey...give them heroin and they behave like any other rational person...and amazingly they can function and hold down a job

My Brother and Sister were heroin addicts. My brother became an addict to block out the memories of his his childhood when he was abused my priests in Dublin. He sued and won a large compensation payout against the irish state for the whole cover up. Sadly he died 3 years ago when he had a fall just as he had got himself clean.

My Sister also became an addict. While she was high she would clean the house from top to bottom. Her house would be sparkling and she would buzz around at lightning speed. Without the drug she resembled the walking ressurection. she would fall around, slur her words, she once left her young son alone in the bath. she could not function without the drug. she tried to get herself clean many times. She had another child a few years ago. Drug abuse showed up in her pre-natal tests and her child was born addicted to heroin and taken into care. she is now off heroin but she cannot function without methadone so she's just replaced one addiction with another.

I know that social services have to be informed if drug or alcohol abuse is discovered during pre-ntal tests. If that is the case with Peaches then she would have visits from the authorities. The fact that she breastfed both her babies makes me think that it could have been a one-off hit that killed her. Maybe her demons came back to haunt her on Mothers day.

So very sad.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    Do you have a link for that? Or a link to any evidence whatsoever that she did drugs whilst pregnant with either child?

Google Peaches Geldof track marks September 2011 to see the pictures. Her eldest son was born 7 months later so it would appear that she was injecting drugs in the early stages of her pregnancy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could and should have chosen it herself. Millions of people in their 20s don't have kids because they know they want to go out partying and get drunk so they put it off. What makes Peaches the special one who is entitled to neglect her kids because she wants to take drugs and have kids?

how is she entitled to neglect her kids?? Did I say that?? no I didn't, didn't even imply it. do you read what you post first.

She had already lived the party lifestyle so why not settle down and have kids. millions is a bit of exaggeration considering how many teens have kids now just to get a free flat. No one can choose who should have children and who shouldn't. Don't you think authorities would of been involved if the kids were at risk??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB you don't know that. She could of taken it the day before, and how do you know the partner isn't on it too?? YOU DONT KNOW. No one knows anything apart from family, close friends and of course the people investigating.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. It's a fast onset drug. If you take a heroin overdose you don't get up walk around fine for a few hours then drop dead, once you've taken it unless someone finds you and gets you medical help then you're dead. She must have taken the drug while on her own with Astala knowing that she would not be able to care for him and that he would be frightened, dirty and hungry while she was busy getting off her face.

No two ways about it.
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen on here. Laughably - actually, tragically - ill-informed.

I'd be surprised if it being a one-off (and maybe deliberate) were not the case. If she were using again regularly then the press would have torn her apart at the time, not indulged her.

You are one of those apologists for people like Peaches Geldof. It is never their fault. Nobody chooses to be an addict and yet it is by their own hand, and their hand only, that the drugs find their way into their bodies. Really quite astonishing how you can believe yourself and call others uninformed.
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'You'd be surprised if this wasn't a one off'? What do you think she bought it off the milkman that same morning?!

Jesus wept, are you completely deluded? You sound so naive!
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24/7 wrote: »
    Heroin has not been established as the cause of death. She could have taken it when with friends on the Friday, and it been in her system from then.
    Below is what's being reported on the BBC News site. Would it really contribute to her death a couple of days later? You would have thought it would have abated in her system by then.
    At a brief inquest in Gravesend, Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham, told the hearing: "Recent use of heroin and the levels identified were likely to have played a role in her death."
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 31,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they say "played a role" - are there other medications that could have a bad interaction with heroin use? So she didn't actually take it in front of her child, but maybe took too much of something else on top for a bad headache for example.