Options

Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    I've always been led to believe that it's not possible to use heroin recreationally on an 'as and when' basis as people get hooked after the first hit. Perhaps this was her first time using? Wasn't Paula a relatively new user when she died?

Heroin, whilst obviously addictive, doesn't work like that for most people. It's called a 'habit' because initially at least it is simply the desire to recreate the 'buzz' one gets from a hit that keeps people going back. It's nice, to put it bluntly, both physically and mentally. The problem is that as the body becomes accustomed to the drug, a higher dose is required to achieve the same feeling, which continues on and on until overdose occurs. There's very little physical problem with most first few hits of heroin. The likes of crack and crystal meth are very different, in that they are physically addictive extremely quickly, as well as offering a similar level high.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What sympathy I had has now disappeared for Peaches as it seems that she overdosed of an illegal A class drug while looking after her child.

Drug addiction is a terrible problem to beat but Peaches seemed to have everyone hoodwinked in the way she hid this from the public eye and her own family.

Peaches would be the first to admit if you play the drug game you're going to suffer some kind of consequences which usually results in death.

Hope this will be a learning curve to other celebrities who feel that taking this drug is not the most wisest of things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoJoJay wrote: »
    Utter rubbish. It's NOT her family's fault.

Too right its not. My OH has spent most of his life with the belief his parent's addictions are his fault, they arn't and never were and he has had to go to great lengths to finally accept and realise this. Its never the family's fault, they tend to carry enough guilt and blame and responsibility as it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Well, there's no difference if "legal opiates" includes ones legally used medically (despite being illegal in other ways), since that includes heroin.

Exactly, I'm hoping to get the NHS prescribed and paid for pharmaceutical grade smack injection when I'm giving birth :D
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJM91 wrote: »
    What about cannabis? I really wouldnt call a cannabis dealer 'the lowest of the low' or whatever. Cannabis has never killed anyone and is a popular pain reliever and relaxant for many people.

Some people (not you who I have quoted) on here are also clueless about addiction and how it sneaks up on people, and that most people take drugs like heroin to mask severe pain, usually mental but even physical. There are many cases of people becoming addicted to prescription opiates then moving onto street heroin for a myriad of reasons. It could happen to anyone, people have become addicted to opiates through needing treatment for a bad back.

Not everyone is scum, some people are just beyond help, a lot of drug addicts/alcoholics were abused as children aswell which makes me have empathy and sympathy for them, and to believe if you don't you are rather cold.

It depends on your experience of addicts. Mine, through work, is once that addiction takes hold many do become "scum" as you put it. They will lie, cheat steal, whatever it takes to feed their habit. They become totally devoid of any morals, ethics or whatever you want to call it. I've seen women lose their kids before theyll even try to lose their habit. I once saw a child that hadn't learned to walk or talk at age 3 because his junkie mother left him strapped in a buggy for most of his young life, his older sibling didn't know how to use a knife and fork. That's the reality of addicts in most people not the glamourous world of people like Peaches where everything is neatly cleaned up after them. Drugs are a choice. For every abuse victim that goes idown that route there are more that fight back against the odds and have relatively happy lives. Peaches Geldof had much more money, opportunities, support than these people. But imo her angst was a money spinner. Poor Paula's kids only washes for a while. When she had her own she had a responsibility to clean up.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJM91 wrote: »
    Too right its not. My OH has spent most of his life with the belief his parent's addictions are his fault, they arn't and never were and he has had to go to great lengths to finally accept and realise this. Its never the family's fault, they tend to carry enough guilt and blame and responsibility as it is.

That is different though. How would a small child make a parent a addict. That is not the same thing as a parent causing a child mental illness or problems.
    Parents like it or not sometimes f*ck their kids up.. Peaches's dad tried to make the death of her mother just another normal day, even sending them to school.. How messed up is that!
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    I responded to you and answered your question. You're welcome

And you're just very rude. It's posters like you who make the forums unenjoyable. I did see the post where someone said they were going to report you.

No need to add a reply, I shan't be reading it.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something else people are overlooking...what if it was reversed and the baby had had an accident and got seriously injured or worse while she was off her face. Because that could've happened just as equally as her dying. Would we be all poor Peaches if it was the child that had suffered rather than her?
  • Options
    JoJoJayJoJoJay Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is different though. How would a small child make a parent a addict. That is not the same thing as a parent causing a child mental illness or problems.
    Parents like it or not sometimes f*ck their kids up.. Peaches's dad tried to make the death of her mother just another normal day, even sending them to school.. How messed up is that!

But there's no 'how to' manual that tells a widowed parent how to deal with their and their children's bereavement : ( Surely each parent just goes by instinct, and his instinct at the time was to keep everything that he could 'normal' - it'd be the only thing he could control after their mum's death.
    Their dad isn't the parent who f*cked their lives up : (
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoJoJay wrote: »
    But there's no 'how to' manual that tells a widowed parent how to deal with their and their children's bereavement : ( Surely each parent just goes by instinct, and his instinct at the time was to keep everything that he could 'normal' - it'd be the only thing he could control after their mum's death.
    Their dad isn't the parent who f*cked their lives up : (

Their lives were f*cked up long before Paula died. The kids were used as weapons, in a very bitter battle.

I cant think of anyone, not one person who would think sending kids to school on the day their very famous mum died, a good thing to do.

Edit to add Lets not go with the widowed parent bit they had both moved on and had new partners.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll never know now if Peaches would have eventually gone down that route, once work dried up.

She wouldn't have needed to because she is rich via inheritance from her parents, Katona is from a background of poverty, her family of origin are not loaded like Peaches is thus Katona has to sell her wares to make money, Peaches didn't have to do that.
  • Options
    JoJoJayJoJoJay Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their lives were f*cked up long before Paula died. The kids were used as weapons, in a very bitter battle.

I cant think of anyone, not one person who would think sending kids to school on the day their very famous mum died, a good thing to do.

Edit to add Lets not go with the widowed parent bit they had both moved on and had new partners.

OK - but it was still a terrible bereavement for the children. I'd agree that most folk would think it strange to send kids to school at such a time, but - as someone else said on here re attachment parenting - I'd respect that parent's decision re their kids, no matter what my personal thoughts were.
    When my dad died (of cancer) I was 9 yrs old. I've often thought, as an adult, that I possibly wouldn't have done the same things my mum did in that situation but I'm not saying she did the WRONG things.
    Not trying to pick an argument BTW : )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just all such a shame.
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as someone said to me earlier on here, it speaks volumes that her family haven't said she wasn't an addict or anything regarding heroin. Its like they knew she was using.

It looks like it .
    I suppose the full inquest in July will look at who disposed of the gear and who knew she was using .
  • Options
    thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cynet wrote: »
    What sympathy I had has now disappeared for Peaches as it seems that she overdosed of an illegal A class drug while looking after her child.

Drug addiction is a terrible problem to beat but Peaches seemed to have everyone hoodwinked in the way she hid this from the public eye and her own family.

Peaches would be the first to admit if you play the drug game you're going to suffer some kind of consequences which usually results in death.

Hope this will be a learning curve to other celebrities who feel that taking this drug is not the most wisest of things.

Totally agree. Silly woman. It is about time some of these so called celebrities who glorify or confess to drug taking face conviction for their illegal act. Maybe if we adopted a zero tolerance to illegal drugs, this sort of thing might not happen.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really just proves how even the seemingly most contented of people, with a family and good homelife and job can be living a lie for society's sake/the cameras. I feel as if some of the additional pressure of maintaining this twitterverse fanclub existence doesn't help some people either? The pressure to 'be' more than you are, on show all the time? Idk, maybe she'd have done it anyway.

It's just tremendously sad for her family to have to deal with and come to terms with. She isn't the first and won't be the last.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Hmmbop wrote: »

That is a good article and one I wholeheartedly agree with. My sympathy hasn't switched off now the heroin has come to light, some of the comments on this forum are shocking. :(
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thorr wrote: »
    Totally agree. Silly woman. It is about time some of these so called celebrities who glorify or confess to drug taking face conviction for their illegal act. Maybe if we adopted a zero tolerance to illegal drugs, this sort of thing might not happen.

I agree too. All that stuff she was spouting about Attachment Parenting. I remember much discussion on here about her debate with Katie Hopkins who everybody seems to hate. My gut feeling was that Peaches was not the great mum she was making out and I think I said as much. KH made more sense to me but I think I was in the minority.

How can anybody sit there saying how it's so wonderful to sleep with your kids and have them hanging off you all the time and then you're taking drugs. More like Pick n Mix parenting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thorr wrote: »

Totally agree well said!
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incidentally, what's Bob Geldofs opinion on drugs? With all his contacts I would have thought he could have sorted Peaches out when she first got,involved.
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    That is a good article and one I wholeheartedly agree with. My sympathy hasn't switched off now the heroin has come to light, some of the comments on this forum are shocking. :(

Me too. I feel exactly the same now as I did the day it happened.

I also agree about some of the comments. Just wow!
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »

She knew her family history and should never of tried drugs in the first place and so that was her choice to ignore what her mother went though .
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    She knew her family history and should never of tried drugs in the first place and so that was her choice to ignore what her mother went though .

Well yes, in an ideal world people wouldn't mess around with heroin but sadly they do.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Paula Yates died on a Saturday/ Sunday...

Your reference was about Peaches' complaint that she was sent to school, the day after the funeral.

Bob Geldof was not the 'messed up parent' - IMO, he has always done the best for all his girls.

I suppose it's all his fault now ;-)