Options

Mariah Carey: Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse

Comments

• Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you say Almost Home matches other songs on there when you haven't heard many of them yet :S
    Of the three released songs from the album, it could only fit into the same genre as TAOLG
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    How can you say Almost Home matches other songs on there when you haven't heard many of them yet :S
    Of the three released songs from the album, it could only fit into the same genre as TAOLG

well you just said it there... it had similar production to TAOLG, and even You're Mine, and it wouldn't seem out of place alongside those and Beautiful. I don't understand why it's such a big deal? :confused:
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    I'd say Beautiful was much more well known, was Almost Home even that popular?

I said almost home was more popular out of the other 4....meaning out of almost home, triumphant, your mine and the art of letting go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said almost home was more popular out of the other 4....meaning out of almost home, triumphant, your mine and the art of letting go.

oooh okay! :D I thought you meant the 4th track was #Beautiful aha :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there a confirmed song called save the day?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,283
    Forum Member
    DreC wrote: »
    She doesn't need another number 1 fans just want good music

Given up already, huh?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I LOVE the album, title and cover. Emancipation was heavily airbrushed and I loved it as well.

Im so happy its no7 on itunes on preorders alone, I hope it sells well. Anything over 100k would be amazing.

I really hope she releases a new single to perfomr on the today show before the album drops.
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'The Elusive Chanteuse'? Really? It sounds like a Mr Men book or something. Little Miss Elusive Chanteuse...
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am interested to hear new music from Mariah Carey, throughout her career she has delivered great songs that have stood the test of time, I really hope she's back on her game for this album as well, as her last outing was disappointing.

I love the album cover (standard edition) it's signature Mariah and she looks so sexy. The album title on the other hand is just weird, not feeling it at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want a leak. I'll still buy it, but I'm getting impatient!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'The Elusive Chanteuse'? Really? It sounds like a Mr Men book or something. Little Miss Elusive Chanteuse...
    My my, you read some smart books as a child. I had to google what chanteuse meant when she announced it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is she releasing another single before the album come out/??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THIS ALBUM IS AMAZING. It's Mariah back on form.... You Don't Know What To Do is SO good. I hope that's the actual next single, total summer jam! :D
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How have you heard it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's leaked.
  • Options
    rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't Thirsty the new single?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a HUGE Mariah Stan-always have been since emotions when I was 4 years old...REALLY hoping this is a grower because I'm not feeling it yet...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rebellion wrote: »
    Isn't Thirsty the new single?

apparently Thirsty is just a radio promo for now, I read the label's wanting to push YDKWTD after the album drops. I hope so!
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It hasn't leaked she's streaming it on itunes radio, if you want to listen to it you have to make a usa account using a fake usa address, the album is truly phenomenal one of her best.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the album pre-ordered on CD from Amazon. Can't wait. Queen Mariah is back! I hope she does some UK gigs if she tours. :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    but when you create a fake usa itunes account it asks for a US credit card grrrrr. UK itunes it so shitty.

Really am dying to hear the album
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has leaked thanks to the iTunes Radio thing. They should have known people can rip it and leak it from that lol

It's a great album! Very solid. Not a single bad song (unless you don't like Thirsty which I personally love). Mariah has never disappointed me when it comes to albums tbh...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got a link to stream it. I love it. Im going to buy both version of the album. I hope you can buy the Target exclusive in the UK too.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stevie_Lo wrote: »
    but when you create a fake usa itunes account it asks for a US credit card grrrrr. UK itunes it so shitty.

Really am dying to hear the album

Click the option that says none
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stevie_Lo wrote: »
    Got a link to stream it. I love it. Im going to buy both version of the album. I hope you can buy the Target exclusive in the UK too.

You can't unfortunately :( I tried with the Target edition of Janelle Monae's last LP and they only ship to that side of the pond! Unless you can find some kind soul to get it for you and send it over :)