Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    perhaps...would need ABC and Netflix to work together though

Marvel are the production company in both instances and the ABC/Netflix just the distributors plus ABS is owned by Disney who own Marvel. We've already had confirmation that they're in the same cinematic universe :)
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lets hope so then, i think more comic book characters would please many AOS fans.

p.s i like ward, hope he doesnt leave the show :(
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have not seen The Winter Soldier, how do you know there weren't any spoilers in the last episode of AoS?

There were some quite significant spoilers IMHO.

OK, they wouldn't stop you from enjoying the new Captain America film, but you would go into it knowing some of the major reveals already.

because having no idea of CAP2 I know nothing of the hell carriers at the triskellion (sp?) and seeing as they revealed hydra had infiltrated shield on AoS it wasn't spoiled for me (in terms of the show)

if anything seeing Cap2 would have spoiled AoS for me if you see what I mean

so sure I know what "happens" in Cap2 it still wont stop me watching an enjoying it

id rather have the film spoiled than the show as I have invested more time in shield than cap2
  • Options
    staticgirlstaticgirl Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    @Bermondseybrick Delurking to say that is quite an interesting POV and I find on reflection that I agree totally. I'd rather the film was spoiled than the series for the same reasons. Plus I usually don't get round to the film until 2 or 3 years after it came out so am thoroughly spoiled by then and really don't mind.
  • Options
    chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    The movie and the TV series seem to appeal to different audiences. My teenage son gave up on AOS very early on but he loved CA2. But still no interest in AOS despite the movie. The TV series promotes the movie but not vice versa IMO.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i said back at start of this show that i would love if coulsons team were shown in avengers 2 for a few seconds, i feel it defintley could have been done for CA2 though, just one tiny glimpse of simmons walking around shield headquarters would have been great(or was the film based in different head office)
    It'd be great to have them do a cameo in The Age of Ultron, but I doubt they'll do it. You know how miserly TV companies can be, and the actors could ask for a pay rise if they've been in a film - especially playing the same characters.

Then again, its all 'in-house' with the Mouse so it wouldn't be as much of an issue contractually I suppose.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'd be great to have them do a cameo in The Age of Ultron, but I doubt they'll do it. You know how miserly TV companies can be, and the actors could ask for a pay rise if they've been in a film - especially playing the same characters.

Then again, its all 'in-house' with the Mouse so it wouldn't be as much of an issue contractually I suppose.

Coulson's death was a big deal to the Avengers. As far as I'm aware they don't know he's back - happy to be corrected though. He asked Sif not to let Thor know. I think that means they're holding back for a collective reveal. I can't see that happening on the TV show, which would suggest Coulson may make an appearance in Avengers 2; and if he does, there's always the chance that rest of the team could make an appearance, even if it's a short one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont think they will find out about coulson for a while, maybe not till avengers 3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont think they will find out about coulson for a while, maybe not till avengers 3

How so? (not that I agree or disagree, just curious about your reasons for thinking so)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    How so? (not that I agree or disagree, just curious about your reasons for thinking so)

because imo the whole coulson tahiti thing was created for the TV show to have a lead character.

but in terms of the film he has played his part( a pivitol part) and i doubt they will want to rush an explanation into the film universe yet when they can just leave that be for now.

maria hill,fury all know about coulson ,but i doubt it would impact the storyine of A2 to have them tell the superheroes about coulson.

would be great if they did like.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    because imo the whole coulson tahiti thing was created for the TV show to have a lead character.

but in terms of the film he has played his part( a pivitol part) and i doubt they will want to rush an explanation into the film universe yet when they can just leave that be for now.

maria hill,fury all know about coulson ,but i doubt it would impact the storyine of A2 to have them tell the superheroes about coulson.

Am I mistaken but I thought Coulson had visited the Hub at some point. I know it had various levels of security clearance but surely people saw him and would have though he's supposed to be dead. Ok - maybe Thor doesn't know because he's on Asgard but the Shield members on Earth and thus The Avengers must know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Avengers don't have day to day contact with SHIELD and I'm not sure that every SHIELD agent knows every other one especially given the numbers we saw that the Hub during our first visit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Reavling to the Avengers that that he's back doesn't necessarily mean revailing the whole Tahiti thing though. Sure, they'd be curious about the hows, whens and whys, but that doesnt mean it would have to be explained at that point yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agreed, it can work. i just personally dont think it will be high on their priority list right now.

hope i am wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Squash the thought for now. Joss Whedon himself said last year that Coulson will not be in Avengers 2. Unless he has changed his mind and done a last minute inclusion. This quote was from Comic Con :

“He could. Right now it’s not something I’m pursuing because I have so much going on in ‘Avengers 2.’ Finding out that Coulson is alive would be an entire B story. And I already have too much movie. That’s better than the other thing.”

He then added about the TV series :

“But we also have the movies and we have TV and we need to make sure there’s some crossover, but not so much that people go, ‘Well, I don’t need to see that movie. I saw it on TV.’ If we do that (Marvel Studios President) Kevin Feige is going to come after me with a pitchfork.”
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    Am I mistaken but I thought Coulson had visited the Hub at some point. I know it had various levels of security clearance but surely people saw him and would have though he's supposed to be dead. Ok - maybe Thor doesn't know because he's on Asgard but the Shield members on Earth and thus The Avengers must know.

didn't they say in the first episode that he was dead for like 8 seconds or something before it was revealed later on in the series about Tahiti
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    didn't they say in the first episode that he was dead for like 8 seconds or something before it was revealed later on in the series about Tahiti

Everyone below a certain Security grade thinks he's actually dead, this includes The Avengers.

We saw Ward in the pilot episode get upped a security grade so he could be told Coulson was alive.

Munta's point was that surely someone of a lower Security grade has seen Coulson in the Hub (or any other base he's been to) and thus the secret that he's alive may have spread further than it was supposed to and the Avengers may have already found out.
  • Options
    hasimirrossihasimirrossi Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Munta's point was that surely someone of a lower Security grade has seen Coulson in the Hub (or any other base he's been to) and thus the secret that he's alive may have spread further than it was supposed to and the Avengers may have already found out.

That hadn't occurred to me, but it's a good point. Coulson's been all over, so you'd expect Natasha/Natalia (whichever they're using in the films) at the very least to have found something out. It's sort of her job to know everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess there's still a chance that he could pop up in a post-credits scene.

'Agent Coulson and the Avengers will return in Avengers III"

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps a slow episode really but still a great episode.
  • Options
    srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff. Once they started digging out the objects from earlier I knew the Gravitonium would show up.
    Which probaly means that professor guy who got sucked into it will be released soon to cause havoc.

lol @ all the people who gave up on this show because it was "episode of the week"...
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That episode suggests a real change of gear for the show. There wasn't any standalone story and it was all about the ongoing arc. Which I like, personally. But I suspect it won't be for everyone.

Not convinced Garrett's plans have anything to do with Hydra at all. They're useful to him, just as SHIELD was, but whatever he's doing I'm sure is all for himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garrett does seem like he's out for himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    lol @ all the people who gave up on this show because it was "episode of the week"...

Agreed. I don't mind admitting I've sat with a smug look on my face the past few weeks. :D
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    That was great episode! Again Bill Paxton as Garrett was highlight!

I loved how he said to the HYRDA agent who says “Hail HYDRA!” a bit too enthusiastically: “You’re like a West Texas cheerleader at a pep rally.” Such great dry humour there!

Many Marvel characters references there!