Sorry, as you were...

Cruel.........to Frank Bruno.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one asked OP why he didn't call him for help rather than wait for someone to drive over.

No idea why he wasn't asked to help...he could be 4 foot and a dog end, weighing 6 stone for all we know. ;-)
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,750
    Forum Member
    To be honest I'v come to the conclusion the entire case revolves around OP's testimony....sometimes its almost as if all the other witness's and their evidence is superfluous....obviously that's not the case but it certainly feels like it to me....especially given OP himself was such a terrible witness....**** knows what possessed him to be so evasive and when he did actually answer a question all he did was waffle on and give Nel even more ammunition to fire in his direction....If he is found guilty of intent to murder RS....it won't in my opinion be due to what others testified to on the stand....but what OP himself said

Having said that....and however implausible OP version of events is....to me at least!....I still have a tiny weeny bit of doubt as to wether he actually new it was RS in the toilet...but at the end of the day that's almost irrelevant because given what he has already admitted to under oath he should by rights be handed a lengthy stretch behind bars....I think we can argue until the cows come home wether he knew it was RS...but what is't in doubt is that he intended the kill whoever was behind the door.

Personally....on the balance of probabilities I believe he did know RS was behind the toilet door....but I'am still not sure if the evidence is strong enough to convince the Judge and assessors.

Feeling exactly the same as you.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,610
    Forum Member
    Donmack wrote: »
    Can't remember the exact quote, but a "source close to the prosecution" said, "He works for Pistorius. What you don't hear can be as damaging as what you do".

;-) <
    knowing wink, but I don't actually know what it means.

:confused: Not heard that one before.

I heard he was the gardener at one stage. Also on FB when questioned by the police he kept saying he heard nothing over and over and the police were suspect with him then.

I'm on a FB page about the trial to :blush:
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I was accused of not reading every post :o I think they expect me to reply to every single post on here. Words fail me.

I took my dog for a walk and 5 pages when I came back :o

Is that even possible lol. Hey, at least you've had some fresh air...
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually find that quite scary!!.....just to clarify....do you believe OP shooting blindly into a small room justifiable if he believed a burglar was behind the door.....or are you referring to the South African public at large.....If the comments and blogs I'v read from SA citizens are anything to go by , the population at large does not share your view.....and the legal community in SA certainly does't.
    I don't know about "justifiable"...but if he had turned out to be correct and bagged a burglar, I wouldn't be damning him and I don't believe the majority of the public would either. You have to bear in mind that the attitude of "oh he shouldn't have shot even if he did believe it was a burglar" comes after the dreadful reality that he messed up (at best of course, at worst it was intentional pre-med murder but that's another avenue of discussion). Had he successfully killed an armed intruder who could have exited the bathroom at any time and posed a more imminent threat, I firmly believe the reaction would be much more on his side than it currently is.
  • Options
    streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    V-4 wrote: »
    Why isn't the State going to be able to prove that he had any intention to kill her?

That's a much better question.

Madame V-4. Look into my crystal ball. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Trumped up' that made me laugh :D You get funnier all the time V-4.

I'm thinking the same thing about you all. It varies from incredulity to hilarity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    streetwise wrote: »

Uh...no thanks. Do you have ouija board?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    My jaw hit the floor when I heard about Frank
    jos wrote: »
    I heard nothing so why am I on the street outside the front door when others arrive?

Why am I here what happened?

He's been nobbled, threatened call it what you like . It's safer for him to plead ignorance

Sort of gathered that.....still surprised he was't called to the stand though.....if only for Nel to ask him...So you heard nothing sir...absolutely nothing....and then leave it at that.....As another poster has alluded....sometimes what you don't say can be more damaging than what you do....Anyway I assume there are sound legal reasons for not calling the elusive Frank to the stand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    Is that even possible lol. Hey, at least you've had some fresh air...

They were in the wrong so were throwing accusation everywhere :D

Yes fresh air and got soaked :kitty: Loved it :)
  • Options
    Jeremy99Jeremy99 Posts: 5,476
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    Aww .. Uncle Bulgaria and Eeyore :blush:
    Roger Dixon has competition :D

Dixon is his mate.

They all had a party along with their wives when the bat/gunshot versus door test were carried out. Just for good measure they invited along a local music producer. Which was quite lucky because Wolmarans brought along a gun that jammed but hey no problems music producer just looped the tape to make ‘rapid fire’

You couldn’t make it up except they did :D
  • Options
    Fox_BluffFox_Bluff Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    jos wrote: »
    Ah well time to get dinner.

O/T to poster jos Hope you come back onboard after your dinner and see this post.

Scrolling many pages back trying to find point in thread where today's testimony was being discussed in detail, I noticed that you (as well as Rhum) had answered my question regarding who testified today. Thank you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sort of gathered that.....still surprised he was't called to the stand though.....if only for Nel to ask him...So you heard nothing sir...absolutely nothing....and then leave it at that.....As another poster has alluded....sometimes what you don't say can be more damaging than what you do....Anyway I assume there are sound legal reasons for not calling the elusive Frank to the stand.

That was Donmack and the way you wrote it I now understand what it means. Thank you :)

And yes that saying is very true.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    V-4 wrote: »
    Oh brother, if you all can't find something to twist, you'll make it up.
    So Frank on the premises didn't hear a thing .. but managed to be dressed and right in front of the house when Stander turned up. That's your view is it?
    Why did OP not call him to help lift Reeva? Has Frank got a touch of lumbago?
  • Options
    Eliza_MacleanEliza_Maclean Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    streetwise wrote: »

I thought V4 was Monsieur V4?:confused:
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeremy99 wrote: »
    Dixon is his mate.

They all had a party along with their wives when the bat/gunshot versus door test were carried out. Just for good measure they invited along a local music producer. Which was quite lucky because Wolmarans brought along a gun that jammed but hey no problems music producer just looped the tape to make ‘rapid fire’

You couldn’t make it up except they did :D
    Oh yes .. the wives :D That was odd wasn't it? ... has to be one of the most weirdest mini-breaks ever :D
    It's all so embarrassingly amateur :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    I thought V4 was Monsieur V4?:confused:

When I see V-4 my first thought is the V4 800cc engine in my motorbike:blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    I don't know about "justifiable"...but if he had turned out to be correct and bagged a burglar, I wouldn't be damning him and I don't believe the majority of the public would either. You have to bear in mind that the attitude of "oh he shouldn't have shot even if he did believe it was a burglar" comes after the dreadful reality that he messed up (at best of course, at worst it was intentional pre-med murder but that's another avenue of discussion). Had he successfully killed an armed intruder who could have exited the bathroom at any time and posed a more imminent threat, I firmly believe the reaction would be much more on his side than it currently is.

The majority of the public in SA would indeed agree with your sentiments but he would still be charged with murder or culpable homicide for shooting an intruder, until he faced the actual threat that had commenced.
  • Options
    Fox_BluffFox_Bluff Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    It's a total puzzle as to why Frank didn't hear anything, yet turned up outside the house before others arrived... and, of course, why OP didn't seek help from Frank.

Is it possible that the explanation for the above is that Frank had been out for the evening (is he a single man??) and had just arrived home????
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paya wrote: »
    The majority of the public in SA would indeed agree with your sentiments but he would still be charged with murder or culpable homicide for shooting an intruder, until he faced the actual threat that had commenced.
    By the letter of the law that is what should happen but I simply don't believe it would.
  • Options
    Nox_1Nox_1 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I haven't been following this case as closely as some, but I get the gist of it, and think I can see the wood for the trees. I've read a lot of what's been said here, and I've read updates on the trial on twitter and blogs. But, some of the 'evidence' regarding OP's direct intent to kill Reeva has me completely baffled and doesn't seem to make sense for either the defence case or the prosecution case. There's so much muddying of the waters, I don't think on the evidence produced so far that OP can be found guilty of intending to kill Reeva, only guilty of intending to kill someone. I think the murder charge will definitely stick.

When the trial is being televised, wouldn't it be great to have a split screen with m'lady in one part of it so we could see when she's taking notes and work out what she thinks is relevant and what isn't. If I were here I'd probably doodle on my notepad, during testimony from the screamer, just to make sure no one could fathom what I thought was important.
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    This much is clearly the general tone of the thread every single day. He is their pantomime villain and it's all just entertainment to them.

You're not wrong.
    Far be it from me to speak for V-4 but it is my impression he does not think much of the ability of you and your ilk to rationally scrutinise the evidence being put forward at this trial. He seems to think you are heavily biased in favour of the prosecution at all points and so do I if I'm honest.

Some of them do have the ability but pretend they don't, in furtherance of the aforementioned entertainment they derive. Same phenomenon as the loony anti-McCann sites.
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    Tissy wrote: »
    Feeling exactly the same as you.

I'm not far away from you two either
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how it will taste yet, but I finally moved. Loaded dishwasher at 8am before court & had tea etc. OMG get your d/washer fixed. You cannot be doing dishes while trial is on :D

it's a gonna :(
This discussion has been closed.