Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »

It was Latvia who won that year.
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish BBC Eurovision Radio would stop playing Bardo already! This is the 4th time I've heard it in 2 days. No more!
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell is this interval act?:o

oh dear Jess.........:( I'm sure this will sound great in studio form though.
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god shut up about bloody itunes, its an indicator how songs were received in their respective semis. To compare the German and UK songs is stupid also, the German song has been getting airplay amongst the Germanic countries and if a song does well in Germany it more then often spreads to the others.

As for Molly lets just hope she sings well and gets a decent finish which she will, she may not win but just remember how well this entry has been handled and how proud we are of it compared to previous entries
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikay wrote: »
    To me they come across better in the snapshots we saw during the semis... fun songs that are somewhat catchy.

The iTunes buying public will come to realise that France are terribly out of tune and Germany is just blah. It's the magic of the stage production, our song as a whole, the meaning behind it that makes our song great... and that doesn't come across in a 25 second snapshot in the way it does for France and Germany..... I think.

I agree. I wonder if it would have made a bit of a difference if it was her official video that had a 25-second preview instead of the live version?
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, for one, have never used iTunes to buy music. Yet I will be part of the voting public tomorrow night. How many others like me are there? I just don't think that the iTunes chart gives the whole story.

You can't really use 1 person to prove a point. Its more reasonable to assume that iTunes is representative of part of the voting audience, because there has been a correlation in recent years between the winner and iTunes.

Where it falls down, as others have pointed out is uk hasn't been in the running in recent years, and the big 5 may be impossible to predict from pre final sales.

What we can confidently say though is Netherlands and Austria stand a good chance now and they weren't pre show favourites so have sort have come out of nowhere
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    All the finalists lined up prior to their entrance for the opening of the grand final in this afternoon's dress rehearsal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqGznfEDy8

A good bunch. :D Little Molly bringing up the rear, with a Valentina who looks like she's going to burst with all the excitement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh dear Jess.........:( I'm sure this will sound great in studio form though.

Like I said before, Jess has lots of better songs than this. She is a very talented singer and this song didn't highlight that at all (she sounded great, but the song was blah).

Listen to Burn, Inescapable or To The End of The Earth. There are more as well.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,235
    Forum Member
    I don't think the people who might be offended would vote for Eurovision anyway, irrespective of song.

That's what I'm thinking, the gays who love it (me included) are the biggest fans
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Oh god shut up about bloody itunes, its an indicator how songs were received in their respective semis. To compare the German and UK songs is stupid also, the German song has been getting airplay amongst the Germanic countries and if a song does well in Germany it more then often spreads to the others.

As for Molly lets just hope she sings well and gets a decent finish which she will, she may not win but just remember how well this entry has been handled and how proud we are of it compared to previous entries

:p

But what else would we talk about from now until the jury rehearsal?

;)
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You might dismiss it, but Loreen and Emmelie were leading the charge on iTunes before they won, so that sounds like a pretty good indicator.

I do agree though that since the Big 6 have yet to perform that it makes it impossible to predict 'their' positions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Oh my God, that was just.......fabulous"

You're not wrong Conchita.

Really like the backstage clips this year as well as the postcards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    You might dismiss it, but Loreen and Emmelie were leading the charge on iTunes before they won, so that sounds like a pretty good indicator.

I do agree though that since the Big 6 have yet to perform that it makes it impossible to predict 'their' positions.

Yep I do dismiss it, not to a massive extent as it is an indication but not a be all and end all like some people are making out. Loreen and Emmelie were favourites from the time they were selected and were good pop songs ofc they were going to lead the charge
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

Yes but as people have been saying they where both performed in the semifinals, Molly wasn't now can we shut up about this now its like a broken record in here sometimes >:(
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,235
    Forum Member
    paltonz wrote: »
    Like I said before, Jess has lots of better songs than this. She is a very talented singer and this song didn't highlight that at all (she sounded great, but the song was blah).

Listen to Burn, Inescapable or To The End of The Earth. There are more as well.

Yes she doesn't suit the lower notes, her voice sounded better during the chorus but yes she is an amazingly talented singer and has loads of great songs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So who predicted this time last week that Swedens closest competitors are going to Austria and the Netherlands :D.

This voting is going to be very exciting, I still think a Netherlands win but we may have a close battle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So who predicted this time last week that Swedens closest competitors are going to Austria and the Netherlands :D.

This voting is going to be very exciting, I still think a Netherlands win but we may have a close battle.

Do you think it would take all countries' voting results to decide the winner? That would be exciting as compared to a winner already being decided with five countries remaining (mathematically speaking).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweden has been placed between two breaks, yay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what the music was that was used in that wonderful dance segment with the kids?

And I just loved how spooked out Tijana was when the host handed her the figurine. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think it would take all countries' voting results to decide the winner? That would be exciting as compared to a winner already being decided with five countries remaining (mathematically speaking).

I think it might, will be interesting to see most of the western countries vote first though as the three current favourites people may argue that the East won't vote for them. Maybe something like Hungary will suck up them votes.

I think it will go to at least the last 3 countries, it should be close and the way they announce the results now should prove for an interesting voting pattern
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the days when people didn't obsess over iTunes until after the show had finished. Bloody Jedward and their chart success in 2011. I blame them (not really).
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The algorithm will bring it back so that it's as exciting as possible (on the whole - assuming the juries and televoters are on the same wavelength)
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »

A break before and a break after? Surely not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »

What there is a break before and after it :confused: Just read it was a technical delay afterwards which paused France
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A break before and a break after? Surely not.

Yep first is the commercial break but then there is a smaller one after(not to give the game away)
This discussion has been closed.