Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 28)

Comments

• Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have decided to stop monitoring Brian's show. Yesterday was so bad and embarrassing that I don't feel I can continue to listen in while this goes on. The smugness and pomposity has been replaced by an obsession with his public school that has become hugely uncomfortable to listen to and I think there could be a massive mid-life crisis on the way. Truly awful. I will no longer be listening to Brian and hope he sorts himself out.

Well, if O'Brien is suffering a mid-life crisis, or has some other personal problems, I hope he sorts himself out too, because at heart he's a decent guy - just a bit confused at the moment.
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    I completely agree with you. My sister is 6 years older than I am, and I used to be horrified when she admitted to not really bothering much with the news unless it directly concerned her. Now I can see her point! There are a lot of terrible things happening in the world, and I do care, but like most people I'm limited in what I can do, and there are just so many problems. So sometimes, like you, I just switch off and do the things I like instead.

Yes exactly. I write about political things a lot to put the world right in my own head. But I don't think I would feel that need as I do if there wasn't so much of it in the media. I sort of know what I like from the radio etc. It isn't people talking about nothing at all in a silly way or high culture. It is just light topics of interest and a bit of humour.

I have switched on the radio for 30 seconds twice in the past three hours just to see what was being discussed. In the first a woman was talking about her 21 year old son who attacks her and his girlfriend. In the second, another was talking about having given birth at home to a brain damaged child. I have considerable sympathy but I can't call it entertainment. Placed beside DB's torture hour yesterday, I'd say it was very grim. What is wrong with them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...........oh good grief, and now it's Julia Hartley-Brewer on torture.

I will take Steve Allen and Nick Abbot any day over that! :(
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if O'Brien is suffering a mid-life crisis, or has some other personal problems, I hope he sorts himself out too, because at heart he's a decent guy - just a bit confused at the moment.

Very true. Some time off and a recharge of batteries may go some way to helping out with this discombobulation.
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I normally consider listening to Julia Hartley-Brewer's show to be torture.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the latest on Brian vs "Clash of the Cretins" participant, Nigel Farage?

I really think that Farage would annihilate JOB at the moment and that this is best left alone...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »

Julia is unfortunately the waterboarding of radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member

:)

But does she have the balance for it?

I'd rather go surfing.
  • Options
    dreamsofnursedreamsofnurse Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I notice Kay and Abell are still listed on Sunday's schedule on the website. They have got John Stapleton in for Andrew Pierce though.

Larry (baa) Lamb always has one of his topics listed on the schedule in advance.

Why not? What have I missed?
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some of us might consider that istening to SA is a form of torture. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the latest on Brian vs "Clash of the Cretins" participant, Nigel Farage?

I really think that Farage would annihilate JOB at the moment and that this is best left alone...

Is there seriously a proposal that Farage will debate with James O'Brien or is it just Mr Farage will be interviewed by him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there seriously a proposal that Farage will debate with James O'Brien or is it just Mr Farage will be interviewed by him?

Brian said that his "studio door is always open" and that he would rise to the challenge with Farage. (He rather hilariously added the caveat that as long as it wasn't a Thursday at 12 as that is Mystery Hour!?!). Quite incredible. Farage would have JOB throwing all his toys out the pram and I can see it turning very nasty. Don't do it Brian!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian said that his "studio door is always open" and that he would rise to the challenge with Farage. (He rather hilariously added the caveat that as long as it wasn't a Thursday at 12 as that is Mystery Hour!?!). Quite incredible. Farage would have JOB throwing all his toys out the pram and I can see it turning very nasty. Don't do it Brian!

So it's an interview rather than a debate. There really aren't winners and losers in interviews of this kind. It will be a case of either Mr Farage putting up a show or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D
    Beats waterboarding any day. Everything you want to know in 5 minutes flat, and not a mark on them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Susie high-fives Mike!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some of us might consider that listening to SA is a form of torture. :)

:):):)

I'd be very upset if he left the radio.

It would ruin my life actually. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susie high-fives Mike!

Great minds, Susie!
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You obviously have not listened to Misery Derbyshire on Five Dead...
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of us might consider that istening to SA is a form of torture. :)

Victoria Derbyshire.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

Haha, well said, Clitheroe! :D

I'd rather be put in an iron maiden, than listen to one.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? What have I missed?

I thought they were on holiday.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit dismayed that Cristo spent his evening with JHB at the Rad Acad Awards last night, said he had a great time and seems to get on extremely well with her.

That, along with some of his recent views, lead me to believe that he shares many similar opinions with her.

Quite worrying - and I may have to review whether I tune in to him or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have decided to stop monitoring Brian's show.

And the population got up as one, and started cheering ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who ran the site? Was it Chin?

It is very sad that it has closed.

It was always presumed that it was Chin.

I haven't checked (can't remember the web address!), but I do recall they hadn't been updated for sometime. I really think Chin should restart it.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was always presumed that it was Chin.

I haven't checked (can't remember the web address!), but I do recall they hadn't been updated for sometime. I really think Chin should restart it.

Only by you. :D
This discussion has been closed.