Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised Tina wasn't there joining in on the assault or throwing a pint over Todd. Then giving the rest of the week off for being such a good barmaid.

Not just 'a good barmaid' but 'me best barmaid'. :D
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't Peter go to work? ... and, STILL, they talk about going to The Rovers!

BTW ... Loved Carla's Benny Hill moment "are you going to play with that sausage all morning?"
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest SOR at the moment for me is why a woman like Carla would put up with someone like Peter who lets her down constantly, and is full of self-pity. And has horrible tattoos.
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest SOR at the moment for me is why a woman like Carla would put up with someone like Peter who lets her down constantly, and is full of self-pity. And has horrible tattoos.

I've often wondered if Peter's tattoos are stick on or permanent. They look fresh and sharp but there are so many would make-up be bothered to apply them every time he is topless, which is often as he and Tina spend so much time in bed. Or are they already on the actor, I can't remember his name?
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And stinks like a stale ashtray!
  • Options
    ChattinglilChattinglil Posts: 131
    Forum Member

Because Carla is also an addict. She is addicted to drama and is co-dependent.
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    I've often wondered if Peter's tattoos are stick on or permanent. They look fresh and sharp but there are so many would make-up be bothered to apply them every time he is topless, which is often as he and Tina spend so much time in bed. Or are they already on the actor, I can't remember his name?
    They are his (Chris Gascoyne's) real tattoos.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If there's one thing I've learned about Carla since she joined the show is that although she's portrayed as a very strong female character, she's also extremely dependant on having a man. She can't cope without one.

IIRC that's part of what lead her to Peter. They started meeting up at AA meetings when she was single after the Tony Gordon fiasco.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    19:38 Tina takes her first break :D
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    19:38 Tina takes her first break :D

She must have been at work all of five minutes too, as she'd not long since been winding up Tracyluv outside her shop :D

Why did Tirrone smash up his phone as a solution to 'Kirsty's' texts? Why not just get a new SIM?
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    Why did Tirrone smash up his phone as a solution to 'Kirsty's' texts? Why not just get a new SIM?

I didnt understand that. Why not just change number or something. Hardly needed the smashing up of the phone!
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that scene in Dev's shop meant to be amusing? The whole thing was dreadful. The looks on the face's of Gail and Katie. :o That was acting? Katie was particulaly poor. Then Katie and Gail were both badgering Dev and Sharif ending at the door of the Rovers. What's it got to do with Sharif? He isn't even a partner is he?

Does anyone think Fiz is just tiny bit annoyed with Todd? Just to be sure we all know, there she was in the cafe, staring at him - as you do! Marvellous acting dear. And who the hell was serving in the cafe? The invisible man/woman? There didn't appear to be anyone behind the counter.

And there in the smoker's shelter Peter was trying to have a quiet ****. But Tina was there standing over him with her arms folded a la Michelle Connor.. 'I can help you.' Pfft. Go away love. That will help. No wonder she gets murdered. I'd do it meself given half the chance!

*R O L L E Y E S*
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina's work routine- arrive at work.. *five minutes later* goes on break *never comes back to work* but still is me best barmaid.

Why doesn't Tyrone just get a new phone or change his sim, the whole thing is ridiculous. Maria got a new phone because her old one needed repairing, when you get your phone repaired they don't take the sim as well you keep that. So Tyrone should know Maria is the one texting him.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had to laugh when Fiz had a go at Tyrone hitting Todd "that's not the sort of people we are".

No Fiz, you're the sort that makes people wish you'd just get it over with and hit them :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    Had to laugh when Fiz had a go at Tyrone hitting Todd "that's not the sort of people we are".

No Fiz, you're the sort that makes people wish you'd just get it over with and hit them :D

Clearly Corrie royalty. :o:D
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Tina's work routine- arrive at work.. *five minutes later* goes on break *never comes back to work* but still is me best barmaid.

Why doesn't Tyrone just get a new phone or change his sim, the whole thing is ridiculous. Maria got a new phone because her old one needed repairing, when you get your phone repaired they don't take the sim as well you keep that. So Tyrone should know Maria is the one texting him.

They gave her a temp sim as well as a phone while her other phone was being repaired. As you say phone shops/mobile operators would let you keep your existing sim as that would have all your contacts stored on there.

I can only think her normal phone contains a micro-sim which are common place for some smart phones so the loan phone would not be able to use those types of sims as they tend to be older models hence the reason another sim was given.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They gave her a temp sim as well as a phone while her other phone was being repaired. As you say phone shops/mobile operators would let you keep your existing sim as that would have all your contacts stored on there.

I can only think her normal phone contains a micro-sim which are common place for some smart phones so the loan phone would not be able to use those types of sims as they tend to be older models hence the reason another sim was given.

You can get a converter, my partners phone takes a micro sim but the sim we had was a nano so the phone shop gave us a converter. You can also get from micro to full sim and nano to full sim
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member

How much older than mine was, which I had for over 10 years and the SIM was just put in my new Smartphone in December without a converter?
  • Options
    starpress12starpress12 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Peter and Tina having a full blown conversation about their love life in earshot of that taxi driver who dropped Tina off. Ya I know Manchester is a big city but at the end of the day it can be a small world, would it not have occurred to them that maybe the taxi driver knows Carla :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrone and Fizz soo worried and scared about Kirsty, but are happy to dump their kids off on Emily while they go to the pub, wouldn't you want to be with your kids if you thought your crazy ex was after you.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,324
    Forum Member

Fiz is that sort of person. She's very aggressive - remember her smashing up Charlotte and/or her house, and she had a few fights in prison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fiz is the sort of person who commits fraud, helps hide a body, stalks people and bullies her bf, she's lovely :D
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fiz is the sort of person who commits fraud, helps hide a body, stalks people and bullies her bf, she's lovely :D
    And she burns perfectly good pies >:( >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Chases after another woman's fiance, accuses Roy of abuse, goes on the run with Ty ...........
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Was that scene in Dev's shop meant to be amusing? The whole thing was dreadful. .................

I have a horrible feeling it was supposed to be a comedy scene. It was just ridiculous, and I felt embarrassed watching it.

How on earth can katy take a job anyway? With gary, owen and anna all working, who's looking after the invisible, silent infant?

After going into the back alley and texting tyrone, pretending to be kirsty, maria then immediately rang fizz. Fiz's phone showed either maria's new number (how?) or the number from which kirsty was texting.
This discussion has been closed.