Options

Solange Knowles attacks Jay Z! (Video)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Solange has bi-polar, shouldn't she be on medication if it makes her have such violent outbursts?

I also can't believe some are more or less blaming Jay Z. We have no idea what sparked this off, and based purely on video footage Jay Z comes out looking the best of the three. Beyonce being so stoic and then flashing a perfect smile for the cameras really is disturbing, however used to putting on a brave/poker face she must be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/shortcuts/2014/may/13/solange-knowles-beating-up-jay-z-lift-beyonce

Vile article here, making light of female on male violence. I would have expected better from the Guardian...oh, wait, no I wouldn't...they are just as hypocritical and ridiculous as the rest of the gutter press.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,024
    Forum Member
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    I read blind gossip a lot and they were fighting backstage at the superbowl apparently and Kelly and michelle apparently sat there and didn't say anything as it's normal.
    and happens all the time and even more shocking no-one removed blue ivy from the room I know it's a gossip site but most of what they print has turned out to be true.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have an open relationship why can't beyonce be more honest instead she wants to be perfect all the time don't get me started on her documentary skin lightening and fake baby bump anyway I think she's a nice person.
    but I reckon a lot goes on behind closed doors we don't know about.

Thank god there's a lot we don't know about, at least she's not selling her 'story' every time she has a shit like Price, Katona and Andre. She is a private person, they are a private couple so I'm sure there is lots that goes on behind closed doors.

I don't understand how she is dishonest? So she put on a smile for the paps, now putting a brave face on is creepy and odd apparently. Her getting into the car with Solange instead of Jay for some reason means Jay must have cheated on Beyoncé or done something to her, rather than her just being a nut. Why can't it mean she wanted to make sure her sister had calmed down?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't understand how she is dishonest? So she put on a smile for the paps, now putting a brave face on is creepy and odd apparently.

I don't think she's dishonest but I don't see how anyone can find her stoic manner and smile anything other than sinister. I'm not saying she should have got stuck in and tried to pull them apart or anything but most people would express some sort of reaction. The way Beyonce was went against basic human nature.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,024
    Forum Member
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    I don't think she's dishonest but I don't see how anyone can find her stoic manner and smile anything other than sinister. I'm not saying she should have got stuck in and tried to pull them apart or anything but most people would express some sort of reaction. The way Beyonce was went against basic human nature.

She did get between them. Maybe it's just something she's used to happening so her reaction is just one of "oh here she goes again".

I don't see the smile as "sinister" personally. She didn't know the hotel was going to leak the video to TMZ, so to me it looks like she was walking out with a smile on her face to put a 'brave' face on it all, as I'm sure people here have done at some point.

I've been in situations with two people going at each other but I haven't got involved.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else disturbed by the article in the Guardian I liked to? Why is female on male violence still treated as not only socially acceptable, but as a laughing matter?
  • Options
    BobbyNoMatesBobbyNoMates Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else disturbed by the article in the Guardian I liked to? Why is female on male violence still treated as not only socially acceptable, but as a laughing matter?

I read it and found the whole thing quite awful. They've amended parts of it now due to 'complaints from some readers' and have 'altered the tone'. It's still terrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyoncé posting lots of pics of her and her sister on Instagram today, her way of showing she's ok with things maybe without saying anything ?
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Yeah man, totally. Just the other day I was at a party with my brother and my wife. We got into a lift and my brother started smacking my wife around. Our friend was in the lift with us and tried holding my brother back, but he still managed to get a good few knocks in, smacking her round the face, kicking her in the stomach. It's ok though, she cheated on me, so I didn't want to get involved - far be it from me to keep that bitch from getting what she deserved, you know what I mean?

Anyway after we got out the lift I got into a cab with my bro and let my wife make her own way home. Hopefully the silly cow spent a long time licking her wounds and thinking about what she'd done.

^_^ Well written.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    Beyoncé posting lots of pics of her and her sister on Instagram today, her way of showing she's ok with things maybe without saying anything ?

Solange and Jay Z went shopping together for jewellery the day after the incident. So I guess they are used to her outbursts.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. If the roles were reversed there would be an outcry, it is really unfair.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,433
    Forum Member
    There's definitely a double standard. If a man attacked a woman like that he'd be rightly crucified for it. Seems if a woman does it, she's sassy and fiery.
  • Options
    Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By what I've read, I think Jay had an affair with Rachel Ray hen him and Damian Dash were at Roc-a-Fella, maybe at the beginning of Bey's relationship.

Rachel commented on this to Solange possibly, and she got mad. But not physical.

Then the whole "name check" thing with solange's friend.

Solange says let's go, and Jay says he's going to Ri's party - without Bey. So Solange thinks he's gonna cheat and says "should your husband be going out at the club at this time" to Bey. To which Jay says "you're one to talk."

Solange kicks off, an Bey is on he side due to the reasons.

***Not fact, just putting the pieces together - what I think happened***
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solange never deleted pictures of her and Beyonce from instagram. Digital Spy and other sites talking rubbish.
  • Options
    farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think why people are more willing to make light of this is because Jay-Z emerged unscathed and with his dignity intact.

Had the bodyguard not been able to restrain Solange then I'd like think more people would be treating this seriously then again perhaps not.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a coke head..ADHD must really stand for Always Does Hard Drugs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read it and found the whole thing quite awful. They've amended parts of it now due to 'complaints from some readers' and have 'altered the tone'. It's still terrible.

That they ever wrote and published it was unforgivable. This is the paper that holds itself up as the beacon of social justice, but from my experience too much of social justice is actually about scoring brownie points for being more progressive than thou and not truly caring about equality or those without voices. The Guardian has, more than ever, shown itself to be a raging hypocritical asshole.

At least with the Mail and others you know what you're going to get, whereas the Guardian has always tried to portray itself as being the most intelligent and liberal in all the land.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farscape wrote: »
    I think why people are more willing to make light of this is because Jay-Z emerged unscathed and with his dignity intact.

Had the bodyguard not been able to restrain Solange then I'd like think more people would be treating this seriously then again perhaps not.

It's still wrong though, especially because in general female on male violence is treated as something to be laughed at or denied as being a problem.

I just find it really troubling as I have never understood the hypocrisy.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/beyonce-jay-z-and-solange-release-statement-about-attack-video/

I can only assume from this latest statement that
    a)Beyonce/Solange have got him by the nethers and the poor Jayz needs rescuing from their clutches and hideous abuse or
    b) he has behaved really badly and understands/knows exactly why the sister went wild on him

I am inclined to think the latter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "families have problems and we're no different" line made me roll my eyes a bit, as I really hope most families don't have people who go on violent rampages like Solange did. It would be a scary world.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,433
    Forum Member
    If that's typical Knowles family behaviour, Jay Z should run a mile.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    There's definitely a double standard. If a man attacked a woman like that he'd be rightly crucified for it. Seems if a woman does it, she's sassy and fiery.

Nothing new.
    When the next female teacher is caught raping a schoolboy (sorry a'hem,sexually assaulting) see the double standards the media and these forums apply.