Options

Islams version of justice?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The link is self explanatory.. yet there are many who are striving to introduce `Shir`a Law` in the UK.
Is this what we want, Anti Christian Law on our own doorstep?

http://www.examiner.com/article/sudan-non-muslim-pregnant-mum-sentenced-to-whipping-death-for-not-being-muslim
:o

Comments

• Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Shi'ra Law will interfere with our He-Man Rights, so I say no!
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are these people trying to introduce Sharia Law in the UK (beyond a small number of extremists)?

Personally, I don't want any religious law in the UK and that includes Christian law which has had far too much influence for far too long.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Region should never make the laws no matter what that religion is as they will always make it in that religions favour even if it's against public or human rights
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! Another anti-islam thread! We need more of those ! *does a bit of a dance*
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    The link is self explanatory.. yet there are many who are striving to introduce `Shir`a Law` in the UK.

http://www.examiner.com/article/sudan-non-muslim-pregnant-mum-sentenced-to-whipping-death-for-not-being-muslim
    Sudan isn't on our doorstep. Religion shouldn't make the law. It's unlikely that something like this will go through parliament and be written into UK law.
    Yay! Another anti-islam thread! We need more of those ! *does a bit of a dance*
    Islam got off lightly in the Indian rape thread (by having nothing to do with the subject matter) so I guess the anti-Islam crowd need to keep up the pressure.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are these people trying to introduce Sharia Law in the UK (beyond a small number of extremists)?

Personally, I don't want any religious law in the UK and that includes Christian law which has had far too much influence for far too long.

There are more of them around than you think.

They eventually plan to take over the USA and Europe (not a joke).
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Medieval savages

And no although there are sharia courts in the uk they have no power to go above any british law, amen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »

Doesn't mean it will ever happen. It is all scare mongering as far as I can see.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    If anyone would like to do something that might help this poor woman here are people to write to etc;

http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/AFR54/006/2014/en/5ed86bc7-49e7-41e7-9356-67185634cfe1/afr540062014en.pdf
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    Sudan isn't on our doorstep. Religion shouldn't make the law. It's unlikely that something like this will go through parliament and be written into UK law

It won't ..
    UKMikey wrote: »
    Islam got off lightly in the Indian rape thread (by having nothing to do with the subject matter) so I guess the anti-Islam crowd need to keep up the pressure.

Well they generally tend to toss a few subjects up in the air just to see which one sticks ..

It usually starts off with a tenuous link, then a direct link and if all else fails and the outrage doesn't bite, just go straight to any of the multitude of anti-islamic sites and cut and paste anything you like ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't mean it will ever happen. It is all scare mongering as far as I can see.

There will be more Muslims than non-Muslims in the UK in a couple of decades. All they need is a majority.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will be more Muslims than non-Muslims in the UK in a couple of decades. All they need is a majority.

I call bullshit on that claim too. Even if it were true, who is to say that the majority of these Muslims are not more moderate who do not believe in Sharia Law? Who is to say that mainstream Islam will not evolve like Christianity did to remove the more extreme elements of the faith?
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

That is just a load of BS certain parties with a agenda put out.

In the 60's and 70's the same thing was said about blacks when they were immigrating they said by the late 80's or 90's the blacks would outnumber the whites and that never came even close to happening and neither will this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So, she's being hanged for walking away from Islam and having a christian partner? And they say that Islam isn't a violent religion? FFS!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member

When you find a picture similar to this one but with “Muslims” standing round the American president, come back to this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I call bullshit on that claim too. Even if it were true, who is to say that the majority of these Muslims are not more moderate who do not believe in Sharia Law? Who is to say that mainstream Islam will not evolve like Christianity did to remove the more extreme elements of the faith?

Please just bear it in mind over the coming years as a genuine and real possibility.

It would be wonderful if future Muslims were all moderate and learn to live in peace with other religious people and atheists. The problem is that many Muslim leaders are not moderate and Muslims are required to and (usually) will follow their religious leaders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai Pole wrote: »
    When you find a picture similar to this one but with “Muslims” standing round the American president, come back to this thread.

:confused:

I did not say they are taking over the USA at the moment. It will take 20 years min.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    :confused:

I did not say they are taking over the USA at the moment. It will take 20 years min.

From whom are you getting this information? Perhaps your intelligence gathering skills are wasted on Digital Spy, have you ever thought of applying to Mossad? If they employed Uri Geller, I don't see why they wouldn't employ you.
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Christian law which has had far too much influence for far too long.

What, specifically is this?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not going to happen here, and if any nutters do try it, they will meet with overwhelming resistance. Rest assured.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please just bear it in mind over the coming years as a genuine and real possibility.

It would be wonderful if future Muslims were all moderate and learn to live in peace with other religious people and atheists. The problem is that many Muslim leaders are not moderate and Muslims are required to and (usually) will follow their religious leaders.

You do realize there are over 1.5 billion muslims in the world, so there are plenty of them are living in peace.

Isn't Apostasy against the UN charter or something so can't we apply sanctions to Sudan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    What, specifically is this?

One example is the blasphemy law. It's not clear whether it would still be enforceable now or not, as far as I know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do realize there are over 1.5 billion muslims in the world, so there are plenty of them are living in peace.

Isn't Apostasy against the UN charter or something so can't we apply sanctions to Sudan.
    I'd also like to know the answer to this. I don't think UN forces can invade another country simply for stoning/flogging someone to death no matter how barbaric we think it is and I'm not sure whether economic sanctions would work against one of the world's poorest nations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sure, in countries where they are in the minority. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, in countries where they are in the minority. ;-)
    Like Dubai? :confused: