Options

Strictly star axed (says the Sunday People)

Comments

• Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    I agree, and isn't it a shame? I'd love to see Emma on Strictly - Tristan, too - but I doubt it'll happen.

tbh I think if she was going to jump ship she would have done it last year when she was actually named in the pro lineup but she chose to stay with DWTS
  • Options
    gary217gary217 Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    tbh I think if she was going to jump ship she would have done it last year when she was actually named in the pro lineup but she chose to stay with DWTS

Who wouldn't? It must have a bigger audience and pay more money plus more lucrative add-on opportunities.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pasha turned DWTS down. Quite a few times iirc.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    gary217 wrote: »
    Who wouldn't? It must have a bigger audience and pay more money plus more lucrative add-on opportunities.

Hmm, but by little considering their respective populations - there was only 0.33 million between this series of DWtS' lowest audience and this series of Strictly's highest (fine, far from the fairest of comparisons, but it helps the point). I definitely think pay and projects that can stem from it come into the equation.
  • Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    If Karen's back then Ola won't be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if James is leaving does this mean it'll be back to 14 couples? Hope so! Will be strange if no new pro's join since it's become a habit. As long as Aljaz, Anya, Iveta, Janette and Kevin stay :) they were great additions last series!
  • Options
    strictlydivastrictlydiva Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James said on Twitter that he had not spoken to the papers about him and Ola quitting strictly.
  • Options
    AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't believe everything you read in the papers - usually rubbish.
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    AmSalt12 wrote: »

It is now they cannot hack phones for real stories - they have had to go back making stuff up !!!
  • Options
    RetancourtRetancourt Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    It would be interesting to see Ola partnered with someone else so I sort of hope that the reports are true.

I'm not convinced that they are though. I still won't be wholly surprised to see James included when the contracts are handed out.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though I prefer James, I'm glad Ola is coming back so I can enjoy my annual Ola vs Kristina leg-wrapping-around-the male-celeb competition :D
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ola has almost been installed as the lead female pro dancer, given her proximity in the professional dances, whereas for the men it's usually Artem who takes the lead. (Obviously not officially for either of them, just they always end up leading the lines, etc). So I'm not surprised that James is seen as more expendable, since Ola's clearly viewed in higher esteem (I genuinely believe that if it weren't for Kevin's popularity last year Karen may have been shifted after the now infamous row!) Although I'm surprised Ola didn't use her favourable position to get James back in contention, unless the pay off is that she's getting next year's ringah in the men!
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    AmSalt12 wrote: »

According to tellymix which is pretty reliable its indicating ola back but james not. I expect that to be true. :cool:
  • Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    I think Ola has almost been installed as the lead female pro dancer, given her proximity in the professional dances, whereas for the men it's usually Artem who takes the lead. (Obviously not officially for either of them, just they always end up leading the lines, etc). So I'm not surprised that James is seen as more expendable, since Ola's clearly viewed in higher esteem (I genuinely believe that if it weren't for Kevin's popularity last year Karen may have been shifted after the now infamous row!) Although I'm surprised Ola didn't use her favourable position to get James back in contention, unless the pay off is that she's getting next year's ringah in the men!

Wow--I think yours is a spot-on analysis of the situation. Brilliant!
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    According to tellymix which is pretty reliable its indicating ola back but james not. I expect that to be true. :cool:

Isn't that just a blog, which gets all it's info from what's been in the press the previous day? Hardly an 'in the know' source.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James is no loss, not the best dancer or best choreographer . He thought he was bigger and more popular than he was. Whenever there was a crowd shot (in the interview bit for instance) he was always doing something stupid to grab the attention. His arrogance has been his downfall, he probably thought that they were the golden couple who were untouchable. I bet this puts a strain in his marriage. He probably wanted her to walk too but they probably need the money and the profile. I really like Ola, she always seemed to nice for him. Brendan was always the mouthy big headed one but he has toed the line in the last few years - James should have looked and learned.

Shame about Artem though. According to Great Morning Britain he has blamed visa problems for his non-return. Now he will be missed. I think he was the best male dancer and choreographer.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    henever there was a crowd shot (in the interview bit for instance) he was always doing something stupid to grab the attention..
    Or he was simply having a bit of fun by larking about.

The same way that Natalie Lowe has been seen to do. And Brendan. And, to a lesser extent, a few of the other dancers at times.

Never take things too seriously (both viewers and competitors) - it's a TV entertainment show after all.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James is no loss, not the best dancer or best choreographer . He thought he was bigger and more popular than he was. Whenever there was a crowd shot (in the interview bit for instance) he was always doing something stupid to grab the attention. His arrogance has been his downfall, he probably thought that they were the golden couple who were untouchable. I bet this puts a strain in his marriage. He probably wanted her to walk too but they probably need the money and the profile. I really like Ola, she always seemed to nice for him. Brendan was always the mouthy big headed one but he has toed the line in the last few years - James should have looked and learned.

Shame about Artem though. According to Great Morning Britain he has blamed visa problems for his non-return. Now he will be missed. I think he was the best male dancer and choreographer.

TBH I think Brendan is just happy with his life and doesn't feel the need to mouth off any more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

couldnt have said it better myself
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like James, for all he can be abrasive at times.

However I do think he might have burnt his bridges, never mind the floor, with his recent remarks.

Now he might not mind this, but I'd have gone graciously in his shoes, however aggreived he may have felt. Things change, people come and go, new roles can come up, he may have shot any chance of future involvement in some form that may have suited him.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    I like James, for all he can be abrasive at times.

However I do think he might have burnt his bridges, never mind the floor, with his recent remarks.

Now he might not mind this, but I'd have gone graciously in his shoes, however aggreived he may have felt. Things change, people come and go, new roles can come up, he may have shot any chance of future involvement in some form that may have suited him.

It's also not fair to Ola - she's still part of Strictly, and her idiot husband's mouthing off could have an impact on her. Very stupid on his part.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    It's also not fair to Ola - she's still part of Strictly, and her idiot husband's mouthing off could have an impact on her.

Hopefully not.