Options

Post something controversial

Comments

• Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    I've a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it !
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Women should be obscene and not heard.
  • Options
    ramraiderukramraideruk Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xNATILLYx
    Vile people who think ivf & surrogacy shouldn't be offered on the nhs should have their wombs ripped out or their balls cut off and see how they like it.

Infertility is not a choice it is a medical condition.
    Denying great parents the opportunity to have a child yet teens and child abuses pop them out & get all kinds of support.
    Those kind of comments are upsetting and make me sick.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xNATILLYx
    Top comment is frankly vile.
    Try wanting to be dead rather than live without a child - suicide does kill last i checked.
    Some of this controversial comments are funny to read and in jest someone are insensitive.

They're not insensitive, they're making an opinion about the cost. If that is a very sensitive subject for you personally because of issues you yourself are having, then that doesn't make them "vile people".

I couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    Vile people who think ivf & surrogacy shouldn't be offered on the nhs should have their wombs ripped out or their balls cut off and see how they like it.

Infertility is not a choice it is a medical condition.
    Denying great parents the opportunity to have a child yet teens and child abuses pop them out & get all kinds of support.
    Those kind of comments are upsetting and make me sick.

If my womb was "ripped out" and I desperately wanted a child, I would adopt.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people don't know what flu is yet they're so ready to say they've got it.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to adore Tom Daley but now I find him seriously annoying.
  • Options
    GinaHGinaH Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a fan of Eamonn Holmes.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Why not set the limit at 1 child per person? In effect giving each of us the right to make our replacement?

The carrot and the stick would be a free market in selling or buying the right to a child and punitive wealth dependent taxation for having a child without the right.

Corner cases such as twins could be accommodated.

The birthdate in the UK ( at least amongst white Brits ) has reduced significantly over the last few decades, due to women being educated and having no more than 2 children on average. We reduced the country's birth rate significantly without eradicating the existence of brothers / sisters, aunts / uncles, nieces / nephews and cousins.

China is now having to relax its one-child-only policy ( for certain couples only ) in order to tackle the new problem of there not being enough young people to do important jobs, including looking after the elderly.
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a [text book] early miscarriage doesn't automatically require medical treatment.

When I was pregnant and on forums women would have bleeds @ 4 weeks and the advice is "go to A&E", "demand blood tests at your Drs", "demand an early scan", "call your MW"

Totally over-reactionary and hysterical. It is a waste of resources. At 4-5 weeks pregnant there is nothing you can do / scans wont pick anything up and MW's don't have you on their books that early as the risk of mc is quite high.

I say this as someone who has had 4 losses (one of which did require hospital treatment)
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not set the limit at 1 child per person? In effect giving each of us the right to make our replacement?

The carrot and the stick would be a free market in selling or buying the right to a child and punitive wealth dependent taxation for having a child without the right.

Having one child wouldn't replace us though, as it takes two people to make one. In a couple of generation there'd be a massive crisis where fewer and fewer youngsters were trying to support the elderly. China has this problem, because of their one child policy.
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Horrible idea. It's too close to 'buying a child' for my liking. Would there be a refund policy, or maybe a discount on the next "right to a child" if the last one didn't turn out as required? Would parents feel they can demand their money's worth from the child?

Secret children living in spaces between the walls and never able to go out for fear of your "punitive wealth dependent taxation for having a child without the right"?

Needs work. :)
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Ban the burka in the UK.

Also stop Islam from spreading in England.

British culture has to come first, not islamic culture.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Ban cyclists from the road!!!!

young single mothers who get pregnant to get benefits and a house should share houses!!!
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Pasty face wrote: »
    Ban cyclists from the road!!!!

young single mothers who get pregnant to get benefits and a house should share houses!!!
    Agree. Especially cyclists who ride in twos totally blocking the road, not letting you pass, and ESPECIALLY those that ride in dusk without lights....:o

And single mothers who get pregnant to get benefits, should at least be made to do community service for all the money that gets paid to them, simply because they know how to work the system!
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe UKIP should win the next General Election. If only to prove how awful we all know they are going to be to the diehards

Children should be banned from the top of a double decker bus

All children under the age of 5 should be on a child harness when in towns or shopping areas
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    towers wrote: »
    is now having to relax its one-child-only policy ( for certain couples only ) in order to tackle the new problem of there not being enough young people to do important jobs, including looking after the elderly.

For the hard of maths, I said 1 child per person, so that's 2 kids per "standard" family, China is/was 1 kid per family.
    Resonance wrote: »
    Having one child wouldn't replace us though, as it takes two people to make one. .

Correct, that's why I said one replacement per person, above and earlier.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    archiver wrote: »
    Needs work. :)

It's controversial, so thanks!

Why not? A millionaire would pay more than a pauper. People who didn't want kids could cash in which is fair because we all have to pay for schools and stuff. People who want more kids would have to be able to afford them. You could cash in when you're young and pay when you're rich enough or just pass. Who would donate their birthright first in a couple? Free birthrights for those finding uncertified kids, the kids to lose their birthright in exchange, so no grandchildren for you! Insurance policies for accidental pregnancies.

Swift proposed eating babies, you think I'm bad?

:D:kitty:
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    Agree. Especially cyclists who ride in twos totally blocking the road, not letting you pass, and ESPECIALLY those that ride in dusk without lights....:o

And single mothers who get pregnant to get benefits, should at least be made to do community service for all the money that gets paid to them, simply because they know how to work the system!

I totally agree with the Bib.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people should financially be able to a provide for their children without benefits and if they cant they shouldnt have kids
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Harry Potter films and books are complete and utter tosh!
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The implications of that are too real and sickening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2179271/Innocent-victim-Chinas-child-policy-Newborn-baby-girl-discarded-bin-left-die-plastic-bag-throat-cut.html
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Black Dress is one of the best rock songs released in 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h70qwjL-jzM
  • Options
    highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    Ban the burka in the UK.

Also stop Islam from spreading in England.

British culture has to come first, not islamic culture.

just shows how little you know about your country, travel throughout the 4 regions and you'll quickly realise that there is no single British culture, my own culture is far removed from English culture
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depression isn't the same as cancer ("would you say that about somebody with cancer?" Etc) it's massively over-diagnosed and a huge amount of people with depression could beat it if they really tried. It's almost the very definition of a 'first world problem' with Americans being statistically the most depressed on earth

I know there are people who are chemically imbalanced and will never be able to sort themselves out, but not the millions who are diagnosed and put on anti-depressants