Options

Person of Interest - UK Premiere - Starts 14th August 10pm Channel 5 [NO SPOILERS]

Comments

• Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I'm lucky enough to have some type of safety net in Sky's Series Link but even this can't keep up

I also have sky, and not a problem with POI, or any other show come to think of it. Even when the new season of GoT started, I set it to record the early morning episode, it then automatically switched to the Monday 9pm for subsequent episodes. Also F1 is on a series link, never missed a show. There is sometimes a week gap, sometimes a 2 week gap, sometimes a 4 week gap - its never missed a qualifying or race yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DJW13 wrote: »
    I was really confused at the start of the second episode, and had to keep checking that I was indeed watching the right programme and that my PVR hadn't thrown a wobbly.

You would have thought that with all the different hair colours women have these days that the casting director might have made it easier for the viewer by Root and Shaw looking completely different, thereby avoiding the confusion experienced by at least one poster.

At least the characters usually stay looking the same in POI, compared to The Americans, where the Russian couple have a range of disguises.

You are not the only one, I didnt recognise root either. Only when I read this thread did I realise who it was.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Great couple of episodes this week, with the Serial Killer, in a storm and the Widower, laundering money...plus the return of Leon, which was fun."Have you ever considered pink hair".

But the HR story coming to a head with the Death of the 'Boss' Alonzo - was a surprise.

And Carter's Cal, not so bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Great couple of episodes this week, with the Serial Killer, in a storm and the Widower, laundering money...plus the return of Leon, which was fun."Have you ever considered pink hair".

But the HR story coming to a head with the Death of the 'Boss' Alonzo - was a surprise.

And Carter's Cal, not so bad.
    s
    Alonzo isnt dead, he was shot in the shoulder. So I assume he is alive. He asked his henchman to shoot him in shoulder, so it will lend credance to his story, of a guman bursting in and shooting all three (Alonzo, Szymanski and the assistant district attorney (the woman Alonzo shot).

Agree a great couple of episodes, really liking this season.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't enjoy the serial killer episode that much because it was a complete rip-off of the film Identity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    s
    Alonzo isnt dead, he was shot in the shoulder. So I assume he is alive. He asked his henchman to shoot him in shoulder, so it will lend credance to his story, of a guman bursting in and shooting all three (Alonzo, Szymanski and the assistant district attorney (the woman Alonzo shot).

Agree a great couple of episodes, really liking this season.
    Didn't pick that up, looked convincing to me.:confused:
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,756
    Forum Member
    Didn't pick that up, looked convincing to me.:confused:
    No. That's what happened. I was going to mention it too. Watch it again if you can :)
  • Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. That's what happened. I was going to mention it too. Watch it again if you can :)
    Yep, me too! When I read your post Stansfield I thought you might have let slip a spoiler, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt (thank goodness - seeing as I was wrong:p).

I seem to remember he even requested for it to be done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stone Free wrote: »
    Yep, me too! When I read your post Stansfield I thought you might have let slip a spoiler, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt (thank goodness - seeing as I was wrong:p).

I seem to remember he even requested for it to be done!
    Never would do that - but everything to do with HR, confuses me...anyway, he was alive this week, and up to no good - with his Godson.:o

And Fusco's past, catching up with him - but who moved the Body.

Bear got a lot of Action this week too - with Monica's number coming up, in the computer networking firm, spying, not the dog - and Carter taking Bear home, for protection.:cool:

And Sarah Shahi back.;-)
  • Options
    startidestartide Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    And Fusco's past, catching up with him - but who moved the Body.

Bear got a lot of Action this week too - with Monica's number coming up, in the computer networking firm, spying, not the dog - and Carter taking Bear home, for protection.:cool:

Carter moved the body...hence Bear's dirty foot prints.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    startide wrote: »
    Carter moved the body...hence Bear's dirty foot prints.
    Dogs are good at finding Bones....:)
  • Options
    ricinusricinus Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Great last few episodes. Really built up the action and peril well.
    Can't believe it won't be back until next year. WTF are C5 playing at?
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ricinus wrote: »
    Great last few episodes. Really built up the action and peril well.
    Can't believe it won't be back until next year. WTF are C5 playing at?

It's probably a broadcasting rights issue.

But good grief POI is on of channel 5's better imports, for being up to date anyway.

NCIS:LA, four years behind.

NCIS, 1 year behind

Castle, 3 years behind.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »

I can't imagine it is because nobody else has first run rights.

I imagine it's more of a case of Channel 5 wanting to get the show on the cheap so they show it on delay which, I assume, is cheaper than showing it closer to broadcast time.

I think it's entirely possible that Netflix could have Season 3 up on their site before C5 even start it ..
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CH5's treatment of the show is basically why I started watching at US pace, although even then there's still silly breaks all through the season.

Season 3 is a corker though, so I hope CH5 pick it up and maybe even show it the respect it deserves. I know I'd be happy to re-watch it all again. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    I hope CH5 pick it up

They do have the rights. I was hoping that them burning off the episodes at the rate of two a week meant they might actually go straight in to S3 but it appears not to be the case.
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do have the rights. I was hoping that them burning off the episodes at the rate of two a week meant they might actually go straight in to S3 but it appears not to be the case.

I think them burning off the epsiodes two a week was due to them needing to air them before the s2 DVD release date which is in June (and had been pushed back from March)
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But good grief POI is on of channel 5's better imports, for being up to date anyway.

NCIS:LA, four years behind.

NCIS, 1 year behind

Castle, 3 years behind.

But don't all those shows air on other UK channels first and then on ch5 as second watch whereas POI is only shown on ch5 and as such should be shown closer to the US air date!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine it is because nobody else has first run rights.

I imagine it's more of a case of Channel 5 wanting to get the show on the cheap so they show it on delay which, I assume, is cheaper than showing it closer to broadcast time.

I think it's entirely possible that Netflix could have Season 3 up on their site before C5 even start it ..

That could be part of the 'rights issue', I alluded too. With on demand such a globally available source of income in order for Channel 5 to afford POI they have to leave a twelve month or 1 season gap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    I think them burning off the epsiodes two a week was due to them needing to air them before the s2 DVD release date which is in June (and had been pushed back from March)

Aha, that makes sense.
    That could be part of the 'rights issue', I alluded too. With on demand such a globally available source of income in order for Channel 5 to afford POI they have to leave a twelve month or 1 season gap.

It'll be interesting to see. I imagine Netflix could have essentially just purchased first run rights over and above what C5 already have.

I suspect if that's the case then the viewing figures for C5's screenings could plummet which will then result in the subsequent dropping of the show alltogether.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wasnt impressed with the last episode. It was poor by the high standards set by POI. I expected a better finale. It got a bit too silly for me, driving up and shooting a guy, threatening a bride and groom, crashing a car into the barriers, its lands on its roof, they climb out unharmed, shooting the two baddies through a steel shutter and avoiding the good guy in the middle.

Overall I enjoyed the series, will use other sources to watch S3, wont wait for Ch5 to air it. If you use android, get hold of an app called showbox. Works even better if you have a chromecast dongle.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Channel 5 has been sold to Viacom. Sky will probably buy the rights for the next season.
  • Options
    richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    I wasnt impressed with the last episode. It was poor by the high standards set by POI. I expected a better finale. It got a bit too silly for me, driving up and shooting a guy, threatening a bride and groom, crashing a car into the barriers, its lands on its roof, they climb out unharmed, shooting the two baddies through a steel shutter and avoiding the good guy in the middle.

Overall I enjoyed the series, will use other sources to watch S3, wont wait for Ch5 to air it. If you use android, get hold of an app called showbox. Works even better if you have a chromecast dongle.

Cheers for the tip about showbox, just downloaded it and now watching S3 via my chromecast. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 has been sold to Viacom. Sky will probably buy the rights for the next season.

I doubt Sky will be interested. Anyway, C5 have confirmed they do have the rights to S3 so unless Sky want to buy that contract out, nothing will change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is the interesting point about channel 5. How will Viacom's purchase affect the import of series. This issue was mentioned in reference to individual programmes around the time of the sale.

What is Viacom's plan, do they want to show second run programmes or do they want first broadcast rites for what they show.

If they want first rites, what are the going to do, jump in and compete for what they show now at the extra cast. Or if they want want first run what do they bring to the UK?

We shall have too wait and see.