Options

Thoughts on tonight's Eastenders?

Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
Forum Member
I thought it was a decent episode, the show seemingly continues to make steady progress :cool:

Comments

• Options
    sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best episode for many tears if not best ever. So emotional and sad :(
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the episode dearly despite David's treatment by Carol angering me to the point that when they were Dancing to Misty Blue I started to cry a little and despite being a 21 year old bloke I'm not ashamed to admit that. David added so much to Eastenders in my opinion and I'm really going to miss him. It was a good way for David to go out without him dying though, something that I would have hated to see. Nice to see him get a much deserved Julia's theme though. I'm just hoping that's not David gone forever all the same.
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the episode dearly despite David's treatment by Carol angering me to the point that when they were Dancing to Misty Blue I started to cry a little and despite being a 21 year old bloke I'm not ashamed to admit that. David added so much to Eastenders in my opinion and I'm really going to miss him. It was a good way for David to go out without him dying though, something that I would have hated to see. Nice to see him get a much deserved Julia's theme though. I'm just hoping that's not David gone forever all the same.

I thought exactly this,
    Similar in age too lol, we can both get emotional at things, that doesn't mean we are weird :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was really good - the only slight problem was its similarity to (very inferior) exits for Zainab and Tanya. All the actors were wonderful, especially Linday Coulson, and I loved Liam's (highly realistic) response to the music.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Very moving. EastEnders at its best.
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think it was that good to be honest. I thought it was a little hammy and it was obvious that it was a bit of a rush.

If Michael French hadn't been leaving I think it is safe to say that David and Carol would have gotten married and would have actually been happy for a while. I know that David leaving probably wasn't the way the producers would have wanted it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like Carol but she's become a bit too unlikeable now
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found myself wanting him to die throughout the episode.
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish that David would have got his phone out and given Nikki a call to ask her to accompany him on his "honeymoon", all done in front of Carol, Bianca and Liam with gormless Sonia in the background saying "wos appnin"?:)
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it, but I think it has to draw a line under Carol and David forever
  • Options
    BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the eastenders I used to love, I've only just found time to catch up with it but I was in tears when they were dancing :-( so sad. Amazing episode