sootysoo wrote: »
    Why did you have to bring God into this?! >:( *ducks for cover* :D

You better.
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    But do news items make you have a negative view of men? I just turned on the radio and there's another news item about young women being sexually assaulted!

No, just like a news report of something bad done by a Muslim (a terrorist act eg) doesn't make me hate all Muslims.
    We have to remember that people are individuals and we are all responsible for our own actions.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    But do news items make you have a negative view of men? I just turned on the radio and there's another news item about young women being sexually assaulted!

No. I think most women are sensible enough to realise that most men are not abusers.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I don't hate men because of the news. But I do despair of perverts and abusers.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I like good persons. There horrible men out there, the same way there are horrible women.
    Who made Harris and Saville representatives of their gender?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I think the fairest representatives of either gender are the people you admire the most.
    When people say "you know what women/men are like" or "all men/women are xxxx" the person they're insulting the most is the person of that gender who has treated them best.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Many women like men judging by the millions of women who choose to go out with and marry them. It's odd you'd focus on some dodgy men in the media spotlight. Have you never met a girl that has liked you?!

Problem is, too many men treat women as if they are some sort of separate species- for a start, women are just as likely to be messed up and have stupid opinions on things as men, and also they have their own minds and are able to differentiate between a few sensationalised news stories and the average guy, in the same way I don't think every woman is Myra Hindley.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say I hate men at all and I have the loveliest husband in the world, however....

I do find them, generally, but not always, rather pathetic. Their sexual desires seem to be their master much more often than women. Yes, the examples you quote are very public examples of this, but I have plenty of personal experience of how men can be manipulated simply by flirting with them and flattering them a bit.

I feel women are by far superior to men in this respect.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,077
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I hate men at all and I have the loveliest husband in the world, however....

I do find them, generally, but not always, rather pathetic. Their sexual desires seem to be their master much more often than women. Yes, the examples you quote are very public examples of this, but I have plenty of personal experience of how men can be manipulated simply by flirting with them and flattering them a bit.

Plenty of women are easily manipulated by flirting and flattery. We have no superiority over that angle.
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of women are easily manipulated by flirting and flattery. We have no superiority over that angle.
    Excellent - such smugness well and truly slapped down! :cool:
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did you have to bring God into this?! >:( *ducks for cover* :D

I like ducks, I might go feed the ducks. I also like hedgehogs a lot more suddenly.

I don't like men though, they are all bad boys and women they just... I need to take a break from DS I think.

Too much of this same kinda strange stuff?

When do the kids go back to school? I'm blaming the school holidays, let's ban them.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,077
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    I like ducks, I might go feed the ducks. I also like hedgehogs a lot more suddenly.

I don't like men though, they are all bad boys and women they just... I need to take a break from DS I think.

Too much of this same kinda strange stuff?

When do the kids go back to school? I'm blaming the school holidays, let's ban them.
    School starts tomorrow.
    And don't you dare try and ban the holidays! It's one of the things I like about my job.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    School starts tomorrow.
    And don't you dare try and ban the holidays! It's one of the things I like about my job.

We might go back to normal tomorrow then, there has certainly been an influx of weirdness during half term, bored kids and distraught, "lost the plot" parents escaping from the real world I think.

I won't ban school holidays though, I didn't think about those of you are a affected by them with work.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think more straight men should go gay to avoid a lot of hassle. I honestly don't know how they deal with the 'gender wars' nonsense that endlessly circles through the media.

Is sexuality a choice now?

We deal by steering clear of the "haters" in day to day life which has the added bonus of leaving a constant supply of ageing carers for the worlds cat population.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most women/girls meet enough men throughout their lives to base their opinions on them on personal experience rather than news stories.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a man, It depends on how you are and looks.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Instead of asking loony liberals and tryhards on DS why don't you ask a real life woman what she thinks. You must be able to find one somewhere. The lollipop woman or a dinner lady might be able to help.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Instead of asking loony liberals and tryhards on DS why don't you ask a real life woman what she thinks. You must be able to find one somewhere. The lollipop woman or a dinner lady might be able to help.

Second this.
  • Options
    gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have plenty of personal experience of how men can be manipulated simply by flirting with them and flattering them a bit.

I find it uncomfortable when some women use flirting try to manipulate me, especially in business,its so obvious, do they really think I am that dumb.

I can even switch it , to make a sale ,let them think they have got a better deal because of the flirting , where as its the same deal everyone gets
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

Not sure if serious. :kitty:
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. I would never use news about murders, abuse, etc to taint my opinion of a whole gender, or race or anything else. People who do that probably already have issues, and instead of trying to resolve them, actively look to confim their biases.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Try for a moment to imagine a world where there was no such thing as sex, and the two genders were just.....there, for whatever reason.

Try harder.

I wonder if men and women would like each other then?
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are bad people about of all sorts, both genders and so on. There are both men and women who can really irritate and annoy me, no doubt lol whether I like someone has nothing really to do the gender of the person, thats a bit ridiculous.

There are some situations where I prefer to talk to other females, like about women issues (health things, the 'time of the month' or whatever) but otherwise gender doesn't really make much difference I think.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money. Or so I've heard.

That's why the ones who are superficial tend to end up getting divorced.
    Its a bit hard to generalise, but speaking as a man I think my attractiveness would go up if I had a lot of money and could be bothered to buy a car.

So women are welcome to their fantasies.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why the ones who are superficial tend to end up getting divorced.
    Its a bit hard to generalise, but speaking as a man I think my attractiveness would go up if I had a lot of money and could be bothered to buy a car.

So women are welcome to their fantasies.

Ohhhh not another one!

PS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amey9G2a-OM