Options

*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Slojo! I'll def watch that later :)

She's said that artRave will be totally different - there's various snippets from fans of things she's supposedly said, off record as it were, and apparently Venus is what she's looking forward to the most!
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,173
    Forum Member
    i am so hoping for:
    Fashion! an art pop film

swine - donatella - fashion! - mary j holland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently act 2 will be coming within a year, as well as the jazz album so lots of new material to look forward to! I'd rather she didn't call it act 2, cos I think she needs to draw a line under the ARTPOP name and move in, but that's just my opinion.

Tour starts soon! So exciting :)

I'd love videos for all the songs, she implied that's what she was going to do but I doubt it'll happen. Most of all I want videos for Swine, Aura, Sexxx Dreams and MANiCURE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a Hologram -- Vocaloid Hatsune Miku -- as the opening act for some of the Art Rave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O17f3lB7BFY

Only Gaga :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    She has a Hologram -- Vocaloid Hatsune Miku -- as the opening act for some of the Art Rave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O17f3lB7BFY

Only Gaga :D

Lol, which shoews are those?

Nice to see her giving the opening slots to acts that aren't so known in the west! Though knowing my luck it'll be lady starlight or djws opening in London ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, which shoews are those?

Nice to see her giving the opening slots to acts that aren't so known in the west! Though knowing my luck it'll be lady starlight or djws opening in London ;)

It's for the May 6-June 3! shows. Apparently the Hologram has a huge fanbase :)

I hope you don't get Starlight :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine she's huge in the east! Had to be something out there to support her artRave tour!

I'm quite excited for it, I think the sketches of the stage look awesome. I'm super excited to be going but I know I'll watch clips online, I have no control ;)

Wonder what she'll open with - I'm guessing Aura? It'd be cool to have the whole album in one go but she's got other tracks to fit in too so who knows?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga has just added another show in Japan, she really is big there so I think bringing the hologram to the USA is a nod to the Japanese for supporting her

I think ARTRAVE might be a bigger version of Roseland with a fairly balanced mix of ARTPOP and Back Catalogue. She has no shortage of songs to perform so I think it will be a case of what to leave out rather than what to put in

Can see Aura and most of ARTPOP being there but something weak like Jewels and Drugs which has generally been panned from all sides won't get in.

The stage looks great with the huge walkway etc --- though still not sure how that is going to work --- but overall a lot less complicated than the BTWB.

She's at her best when performing so if she can keep her mind on the music and that and a bit less on trying to be arty it will be a great show. Wish I was going
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said artRave would be completely different to Roseland in terms of what to expect, but she'll have to keep old hits in along with new stuff.

Don't get disheartened about tickets, there might be last minute ones released anyway! I like the idea of the see-through runway, think that'll make the huge stage seem much more intimate.

I hope she doesn't do JnD, just because with all the raps it'll seem a little silly, as she's barely in the song. Still she tends to perform all songs from her current album so she'll probs slot it in.

I too hope she focuses on performance and also cuts down how long she speaks for, it's a concert not a rally! I know causes are important to her, and there's nothing wrong with speaking a little bit but she does go on a bit sometimes!

I'd like to see some medleys in there, and reworkings of past tracks - just to mix it up a bit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    art pop act 2

I think that this is a good move personally, and a different sound act 1 sounds promising.

the leaked 'brooklyn nights' eludes to a more futuristic fame sound. I hope that it is released as a complete surprise :)

I still don't understand the delay with the G.U.Y release? It will surely lose it's buzz unless something else is planned?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder whether she'll do any promo for GUY? By the time it comes out the tour will have started so I'm guessing not.

I only heard a snippet of BN, and wasn't blown away by what I heard but it was low quality and obviously not the finished product so I won't judge.

I think she needs to do release Act II without saying anything, and having all the videos ready. Ultimately I'd like a whole film where all the videos link seamlessly from one to the other, but can also be played separately as well. I think that'd be cool.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    g.u.y has been on Radio One a lot more this week...nice to hear.

Been over a month since i last played ARTPOP in full and i have to say for me it has improved a lot more with time...i just love all the kinda backing production as well as the main beats and rhythms....just so distorted and trippy...i just wished it was handled better as the songs are quality IMO i really really do love the chaos with it.

I know people are now dismissing her relevancy in contemporary music...but she is still very creative and personally i would prefer her to go crazier in prioduction and create the music she wants to without needing to hold anything back if that makes sense...i mean cool to the people who liked her Fame stuff...but personally from 2011 onwards i have appreciated her a lot more musically :-) and hope she grows and fins a new area to showcase her music and visuals...not comparing her to Bowie, Madonna, Yoko or Kate Bush but like...i feel she can find that blend that is commercial enough but experimental/personal enough to her to showcase.

Plus she has time on her side to blossom further too...but i have to say that i do very much love ARTPOP as an album and as a concept...i perhaps wish she named it ARTPOP Vol 1 - VENUS or something? to make sense with the odyssey/sex/universe/space/alien kinda themes of the album and the arty Techno/Trance/EDM/Psychy Pop styles. Just what i may have done given more time....and of course have a video for all 15 songs unleashed and released with the album as an extra...but there we are :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you JP totally on the having videos ready before the albums unlocked!

I seem to remember saying this before ARTPOP came out - but please, next album be organised! No more promo singles. The more mystery the better! Have a release schedule organised and clarified by all, and videos filmed and ready to go!

I do like ARTPOP but it's not my favourite album from her, that would still be TFM followed by BTW. I think tbh there's been a lot of trouble behind the scenes and this shows in the whole campaign. I feel sorry for her really, must be very difficult to have so etching you've composed and created be spoilt that way.

Applause has grown on me though, I do love that song :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i mean...when they were saying gaga was filming and recording stuff in 2012 i presumed they would all be ready for a very visual album for summer 2013 which is why i was surprised everything was so much later...and indeed spaced out and then handled similarly to how BTW era started...whcih is a shame but hey it happened and all i can hope is she does learn from it by how to take it all next.

oh i dont know Born This Way and ARTPOP interchange for me ...i feel she has yet to make her "best" album musically :) but for me while i bought Fame and TFM i didnt love her music as a whole until BTW was released :) only liked a few sonvs off of TF and TFM but never really like WOW if that makes sense...well for me anyway whereas BTW and ARTPOP i feel have delivered a lot in those respects.

Yet people always seem to demand Electropop/commercial stuff from her and i do not understand why? I mean i like her for trying to be different and a bit mixed up with it musically if i want commercial...not naming names...but i would go for them you know? sure gaga IS Pop music but she shakes it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man how i wish PARTYNAUSEOUS made the album cut...sounds incredible...love her Judas-esque vocals on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOTvihniEtk

And the tour looks appropriately cartoonish and ravey/spacey <3 looks like quite the incredible show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man how i wish PARTYNAUSEOUS made the album cut...sounds incredible...love her Judas-esque vocals on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOTvihniEtk

And the tour looks appropriately cartoonish and ravey/spacey <3 looks like quite the incredible show.

The show is going down a storm. 4 dates in and it's getting into it's grove.

It seems much more colourful, lighter and fast paced than BTWB and she has cut down a bit on the theatrics to concentrate on the music and dancing. The light show is amazing and the vocals are being reported by many as the best ever

Like so much of her output the ARTPOP songs take on a new life when performed live.

She seem as Happy as Larry and having the time of her life. She is always at her best most at home when she is performing and is up there with the best when putting on a show

Now added more dates in the UK and is going to Dubai so overall the Tour looks like being a real success
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest i do laugh at all these "flop" titles thrown around i mean Madonna in 2012 was plagued with it...but its a great album...broke records with both album and world tour....

Now gaga with ARTPOP again, great album...and the tour is going down a storm as said...but people who dont like her will alwyas rip into her and say how "bad" she is doing comapred to Miley Cyrus or Katy Perry or whatever...when she is either on par or indeed MUCH better than her contemporaries...so really it doesnt matter.

This show looks beautiful and trippy and fun to watch and i am gald that the tour stats are speaking for themselves...already 4shows in and she has altered costumes etc. great to see :-) really hope she continues to evolve as the show goes on :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the Born This Way album on again...memories of summer 2011 come flooding back...for me it is still my favourite of her music...i adore the Techno/Industrial Pop/Disco feel of the album....very inspried across all 17 songs...you can tell how influenced she was in sound...beautiful and glam album!

while i very much still love ARTPOP...Born This Way is just so Hi NRg and trashy and glam and empowering to play! :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Don't you think she has a GAGA influence? She is kinda strange. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL-khOZG5m8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so worried about Gaga...

there were rumours about her tour not selling in the US again ...and then she cancels :(
    I hope that all is ok. I am so surprised that GUY has not done better in the US considering she is in America?

the ep should have been released straight after the video launch... i am hoping that this is just a new management mistake ......and they will learn ....

my fave songs from art pop haven't changed that much ... i still think that its a great pop album minus some (jewels and drugs) and some better recordings ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like the GUY video concept of 4 songs ...
    artpop -- Venus -- GUY -- manicure

i found it artistic ...and fitting with the album concept...

maybe others could be:

fashion! -- donatella - partynsaurus - brooklyn bridge

jewels and drugs (snippet) - mary J holland - dope -

aura- sexx dreams - gypsy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so worried about Gaga...

there were rumours about her tour not selling in the US again ...and then she cancels :(
    I hope that all is ok. I am so surprised that GUY has not done better in the US considering she is in America?

the ep should have been released straight after the video launch... i am hoping that this is just a new management mistake ......and they will learn ....

my fave songs from art pop haven't changed that much ... i still think that its a great pop album minus some (jewels and drugs) and some better recordings ....

Most of the dates done so far have been 95% - 100% sold so the tour which is based on what for her was not a great selling album is doing fine. She cancelled because of bronchitis which makes sense because after driving herself to seven months in a wheelchair she is clearly more aware of keeping herself healthy these days

Thought G.U.Y would have done better but in reality once she released the Video she did zero promotion so perhaps it wasn't really a surprise plus it was 8 months or so since the release of ARTPOP

I think she has to decide what she wants to do with her music. ARTPOP is actually a cracking album but it's not radio friendly and is pretty unrelatable to the GP. Neither of those things bothers me with music so I like it but I can understand why those that like their pop MOR wouldn't

Her decision has to be to make music like ARTPOP and move away from the mainstream or produce what hits the spot with radio and the GP. She has said she doesn't write music for the charts so I think she will go down the ARTPOP route because that's what she wants to do. Her only problem is that she craves fame and she would have to give some of that up to take a back seat.
    None of that takes away the fact she is one of the top live artist in the world so she can carry on touring albeit on a smaller scale
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friendposted a Demo of Mary Jane Holland with a cool warning snipet at the beginning WISHED it made the final album cut...love the song.

And yeah while Born This Way is my fave album of hers...ARTPOP is right up there too for me..I really like it despite many attacking it and tearing it down and comparing it with other popstar releases...what i love is she has made the music she wants to do...some Rave/Techno influences some Retro/Power Pop influences and some Trap/Urban sounds and meshed it together to create somethig warped and colourful.

I am gutted it wasnt handled better...i feel some videos of trilogies/grouping of sonvs to tell shrot stories would have been a better way to market the album as BFP has said...group them and do concept videos to air.

I do hope that across the tour she sorts out where she wants to head musically next off...because hse is a mighty talent, she is very inspried and she is great to watch despite how many are tearing at her.

I mean while I like people being successful on chart etc...personally I much rather a great artistic album for me to enjoy than the sake of making sure something is a hit. Do not know why some in fanbases are so obsessed with it but there we are.

Would love to see her blossom creatively through this time epriod.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed Josh she has a massive talent ---- and unlike most artists she can effortlessly switch between genres, dance , pop , jazz, rock e.t.c so she can basically go in any direction she wants. I think that sometimes this means she kind of falls between the cracks of trying to do them all.

The Tony Bennett Jazz album -- Cheek to Cheek -- is supposedly being released in September. If that is well received maybe that's the direction she will take. Who knows?? --- not even her I suspect :)