Options

£5,000 nose job on the NHS (which won't fund cancer care for a five-year-old girl)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644317/Is-Britains-vainest-person-Barman-wants-look-like-perfect-man-gets-5-000-nose-job-NHS-wont-fund-cancer-care-five-year-old-girl.html

Can someone explain to me how people like this and Josie Cunningham manage to fool these GPs and why they are considered more worthy by the NHS but a five year old girl who has cancer AND a terminally ill father is treated like they mean nothing?

I just don't understand the system at all. :(

Comments

• Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for sharing, I was even more annoyed by the little munchkin than I thought I would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't be too annoyed at the idiot man as he's just some silly 22 year old - it's the GPs and the NHS who leave me shocked and fuming.

What are they on!?
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Barton, 22, wants to 'mirror' Joey Essex so he 'looks and feels good'
    That's achieved by ramming a liposuction machine up his nose and switching it on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    He can have as much plastic surgery as he likes, he's still an empty, shallow, vain, ugly person inside.

He ought to feel ashamed for wasting NHS money like that and the consultants or psychologists and NHS managers should be struck off for allowing that waste!
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,944
    Forum Member
    There should be zero cosmetic surgery on the NHS except for necessary reconstructive/aesthetic procedures (such as a woman might need after a mastectomy).

People depressed about their appearance due to vanity should be given the number of a private surgeon and told to sod off.
  • Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How cruel of the DM to go to this girl's parents and rub this in their face.

This guys nose job has nothing to do with the girl's treatment not being funded. She has had several relapses and the NHS probably consider her a lost cause.

If this guy can go to his GP, cry crocodile tears and claim he is depressed because of his nose and get nose job out of it, then we need to fix the system. It's disgusting that he can do that but it's more disgusting that the DM have gone to the girl's family.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a knob, but I don't know what the little girl has to do with anything. Seems like an inclusion calculated simply to drum up more outrage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    There should be zero cosmetic surgery on the NHS except for necessary reconstructive/aesthetic procedures (such as a woman might need after a mastectomy).

People depressed about their appearance due to vanity should be given the number of a private surgeon and told to sod off.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shameless little shit.

We can always depend on the DM to bring a bit of joy into our lives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How cruel of the DM to go to this girl's parents and rub this in their face.

I see what you're saying but it has at least also raised awareness of Kelli's story - I donated to her fund as a result of this article and hopefully more might have done the same.

I wish one day the idiot that is Sam Barton will feel ashamed of his attitude and gloating, but I don't hold out much hope for people like him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    He's a knob, but I don't know what the little girl has to do with anything. Seems like an inclusion calculated simply to drum up more outrage.

I think it raises awareness of how messed up the system is when you can play it so easily. Obviously the DM will be wanting to stir up the outrage too, but at least people are asking questions.
  • Options
    justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm...

I think the difference in price may be one of the factors which are being considered here. a nose job which cost £5000 compared to treatment that would cost £500,000 with no guarantee of success.

So you can treat 100 people who need nose jobs and let them live long, happier lives or spend £500,00 on one child who may still not survive. Difficult choice really.

The needs of the many, clearly outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

In reality, of course, the funding for one set of treatment has absolutely nothing to do with treatment for another condition and each case is considered on it's own merits. Maybe in the case of this little girl, it has been decided by her consultants that there is little else that they can do and that further treatment may have unwanted side effects and it is perhaps better to allow nature to take its course.
  • Options
    Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »

Spot on.
  • Options
    justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vicky. wrote: »
    Spot on.

Of course you then realise that the NHS has to pay for treatment for depressive illness that the person may suffer, keep them on benefits until they are unable to find work and generally pay out even more than they would need to for the sake of six hours in hospital, Nice way of saving money. NOT!
  • Options
    The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting.

If he wants to look better he'll need a heck of a lot more than just a nose job.
  • Options
    dgi_mdgi_m Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I could understand if the girls treatment was going to cure her, but it won't.

And the cost for continuing her treatment will just grow and grow.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope someone gives the little shit another 'nosejob' :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait just a bloody minute! How dare we victimize this man, he has paid into the system its NOT HIS FAULT N.I.C.E. have decided not to fund certain drugs for a girl he has never met.

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    I hope someone gives the little shit another 'nosejob' :mad:

A bit of a stupid move really. He's only then going to have more nose surgery, albeit to repair the injury sustained in the attack you're cleverly veiling...
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,944
    Forum Member
    justatech wrote: »
    Of course you then realise that the NHS has to pay for treatment for depressive illness that the person may suffer, keep them on benefits until they are unable to find work and generally pay out even more than they would need to for the sake of six hours in hospital, Nice way of saving money. NOT!

What nonsense. If someone thinks a boob / nose job is the panacea and that all their problems will somehow be over once they get one, then they are deluded.

Giving them cosmetic surgery to deal with a psychological problem is dealing with the symptoms not the cause.
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait just a bloody minute! How dare we victimize this man, he has paid into the system its NOT HIS FAULT N.I.C.E. have decided not to fund certain drugs for a girl he has never met.

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.

Sam Barton is 22 years old so, no, he hasn't paid into the system - not all that much anyway.

I was 25 or so when I decided I wanted a nose job, so I saved up and had it done when I was 28.

It never occurred to me to cry in front of a doctor in an attempt to get it done for nothing.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair he does look like a dolphin
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hidden within it all is this for the little girl

Good Luck sweetheart, will chuck something in for you :)
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    A bit of a stupid move really. He's only then going to have more nose surgery, albeit to repair the injury sustained in the attack you're cleverly veiling...

Of course silly me I suppose....
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »

Is it the same area that has funded this idiots op and refused the little girls treatment ? , the article states they live in the same area.

In which case I would say the board that approved this mans op has a lot to answer for.