Options

DS World Cup Pro

Comments

• Options
    Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,088
    Forum Member
    Ah for **** sake, Reus was my only striker in the bag..
  • Options
    fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Bit misleading off the site for having these players available when they are not even in the squads.......:p
    That rule has cost me 5m, I can put up with 1 or 2 players on the bench but having a player in my squad who isn't even in Brazil is taking the p-ss. :D

its because at the time I put the game into auction mode a lot of nations had not announced who they were including in their 23 man squad yet so the website had to include the full 30 man squads.

The site does actually update fairly quickly. If you just go to team news and click on France you'll see Ribery has been taken out of the squad already. The reason our player list doesn't change is it would be unfair to add a new player minutes before the deadline as only those online at that time would have a chance to bid on them.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would think that the site would allow a full refund to any manager who has had a player injured before the start of the tournament.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might as well drop out now if the two strikers I have aren't playing. No point really is there ? They should allow you to get rid now and re bid.

Trust me, as anyone who played season's game, which is very similar to this, can attest to, I understand the frustration at having your star players get injured as much as anyone. It's honestly not the end of the world though.

1) I will put the first free agent auction a few days into the game for people to try and get rid of their deadwood players so you will not be stuck with for long
    2) The majority of our players will not score any points in the first round. I'd expect on average for about 5 players per 15 man team to score so losing 2 players is not as bad as it might first seem
    3) Plenty of players that other managers have bought will not be picked either. Take my team for example. There's every chance that my best two defenders Azpilicueta and Debuchy could both be second choice for the entirety of the world cup.

I do agree that I should have the ability to release the players now who have gotten injured so you can bid again in this auction but unfortunately I do not, sorry.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When are you going to open next round and see who we got from 2nd round ?
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Will be over the moon if I get all five of my second round picks, looking at it though I reckon I might only get two of them.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The next round was supposed to be about 40 mins ago wasn't it?

How long does it take for the site to update?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would think that the site would allow a full refund to any manager who has had a player injured before the start of the tournament.

I was just about to get on to this :)

The site allows me to change everyone's budgets (only once this initial bidding is over mind) so, since there have been some big losses this year, I am more than happy to give everyone who has had a player injured before the start of the tournament a full refund. This is for players like Reus, Ribery etc

I hope this is OK with everyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    When are you going to open next round and see who we got from 2nd round ?
    The next round was supposed to be about 40 mins ago wasn't it?

How long does it take for the site to update?

Sorry, people seemed upset about how the first rounds had gone so I wanted to reply on here first. I'll go sort out the bids now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No worries.;-)
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fab cesc wrote: »

The site allows me to change everyone's budgets (only once this initial bidding is over mind) so, since there have been some big losses this year, I am more than happy to give everyone who has had a player injured before the start of the tournament a full refund. This is for players like Reus, Ribery etc

Fine with me . Good idea
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi Fab. That seems like the fairest way of doing it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £11.5m on a defender no one else bid for :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Will be over the moon if I get all five of my second round picks, looking at it though I reckon I might only get two of them.

Or maybe just the one :p
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got another 4 players making 14

Only missed out on Coentrao
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh, I am getting there, 11 out of 15!

One day I will get a full squad :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £11.5m on a defender no one else bid for :o

I spent £16 million on Mats Hummels. I'm surprised no one else bid for him!
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Or maybe just the one :p

Gutted!

Though Sturridge was the main one I wanted out of the group of five. Feel a bit bad for Cuishla. I had 12 million on Sturridge until this morning and changed it to 12.50. He bid 12 and would of won him in order preference had I not changed it. Would of been a disaster if I didn't change that bid.

Need to sort everything else but really happy with my attackers. Hernandez, Higuian, Sturridge and Dzeko should be able to score a decent amount between them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    Fine with me . Good idea
    Hi Fab. That seems like the fairest way of doing it :)

Cheers. Just to be clear, this is only for players who we bid on and then afterwards they have been ruled out of the world cup. It will not apply to players who it was known weren't going well before our auction deadline as I don't think it'd be fair to the other managers to offer a full refund for this.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    Got another 4 players making 14

Only missed out on Coentrao

That was a very good round for you.
    JMTD wrote: »
    Gutted!

Though Sturridge was the main one I wanted out of the group of five. Feel a bit bad for Cuishla. I had 12 million on Sturridge until this morning and changed it to 12.50. He bid 12 and would of won him in order preference had I not changed it. Would of been a disaster if I didn't change that bid.

Need to sort everything else but really happy with my attackers. Hernandez, Higuian, Sturridge and Dzeko should be able to score a decent amount between them.

You're still in a really strong position imo, definitely in my top 5 of teams so far.

Not sure what to make of my team, I'm reasonaly happy but it doesn't look as strong as some of the others!
  • Options
    dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still need Goalkeepers:D
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha, sods law. The two I didn't get are two bloody strikers. At this rate it'll be me and tso up front for my side :D
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got some top strikers and if Diego Costa lays off the horse placenta a potential WC winner alongside Neymar
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha, sods law. The two I didn't get are two bloody strikers. At this rate it'll be me and tso up front for my side :D

im carrying a bit extra weight too:kitty: