Options

In It to Win It...BBC1..

Comments

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    apaul wrote: »
    No doubt the thickest of the lot will walk away with money.

No that was the last thicko who said Mary Queen of Scots was executed in the 19th century.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Matt's quite nice looking ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    Matt's quite nice looking ;-)

Dale fancied him. :D
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    No that was the last thicko who said Mary Queen of Scots was executed in the 19th century.

Although she did at least have an inkling that Shoguns were Japanese whereas Matt didn't have a clue.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,502
    Forum Member
    This has turned into a race to the bottom. I bet Dale is delighted.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has turned into a race to the bottom. I bet Dale is delighted.

I bet he loves them the thicker the better. Gives him a little chuckle inside.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sudden change of answer followed by what seemed like a very muted and sheepish celebration

*cough*
  • Options
    jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    This is the first time I've watched this ... not again. They've either picked the biggest eejits around or it's a fix as I wasn't at all convinced with all their dithering. Either way I won't be bothering. Only watched it as there's naff all else on tonight as not a fan of BGT. Moan over!>:(:D
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornslippy wrote: »
    sudden change of answer followed by what seemed like a very muted and sheepish celebration

*cough*

Yeah, and no exclamation from Dale such as "wow, where did you pull that answer from" or "what made you change your mind?".

Something seriously stinks about that!

He didn't even make any attempt to try and reason it out, he just suddenly, out of the blue says "actually I'm gonna say haricot". Yeah right!
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,502
    Forum Member
    jammoon1 wrote: »
    This is the first time I've watched this ... not again. They've either picked the biggest eejits around or it's a fix as I wasn't at all convinced with all their dithering. Either way I won't be bothering. Only watched it as there's naff all else on tonight as not a fan of BGT. Moan over!>:(:D

I just have it on in the background, while I try to remember where the hell I've stashed my lottery ticket this week. :D
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all ;-) Am watching now after BGT
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now we have a woman singing (rolleyes)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's Las Ramblas......
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    Yeah, and no exclamation from Dale such as "wow, where did you pull that answer from" or "what made you change your mind?".

Something seriously stinks about that!

He didn't even make any attempt to try and reason it out, he just suddenly, out of the blue says "actually I'm gonna say haricot". Yeah right!

And you could clearly see him making eye contact with someone in the crowd just before Dale reveals the correct answer, and then a few seconds later when he realises he has won. He even does a big sigh and puffs his breath out as he looks at them, as if to say "phew, thanks that was close". I've just rewound it and watched it again and its plain as day. Who is he looking at in the crowd ? Whoever it was, well he could clearly see him as he answered the question too.

Im actually shocked that this fix was SO blatant and not even attempted to cover up. Even Dale was not shocked, and he would normally be having pulpitations at someone on the brink of winning nothing, suddenly turning it round at the last second to win a huge £45,000 all to themselves.

Fix.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neither Dale nor the woman know olfactory :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG, she's guessing at cherries
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Painting on marble????
  • Options
    Jejade05Jejade05 Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    This show is a shambles. Every week Dale wastes as much time as he can. I think he has been told waste as much time as ever to keep the winnings down, He is so insincere, it is sickening. Matt had no idea the answer was 'haricot beans', he was about to say broad beans. I think someone mouthed or shouted it from the audience. Even Jenny Faulkner said 'where did that come from?' It's just like last week on the question about the 'triffids' when the two women in the red area said triffids were aliens. They were just about to go for aliens and then suddenly - out of the blue said 'plants'.
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Another week and another dubious winner.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    I used to enjoy this show some series ago but now find it almost unwatchable with such thick as sh1t contestants. It is only just bearable as a home recording so it can be fast forwarded to remove the interminable repetition. And that is my final answer, Dale.
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,978
    Forum Member
    It could do well to cut the main part of the show from 30mins to 20mins. It could then move on at a better pace, and cut out most of the padding. Get rid of the likes of 'Im going to rule out...', or the interminable time given to questions in the Red Area. 'Im going to come and sit with you, you know this' drives me round the bend. When you have ****wits who think that Mary Queen of Scots was around in the late 19th century, it's safe to assume they know **** all.
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show used to have some redeeming features. However, its become a disgrace for a Saturday night primetime show... vacant contestants with the general knowledge of a Big Brother housemate. I don't know whats going on with the change of mind syndrome which seems to infest the show now...I agree with people on here that the dull winner last night looked dodgy excluding haricot from the start then suddenly veering back to it without a bye your leave. I suppose the shows producers think at least that's a change from contestants saying "ooh Dale, that's a bit before my time" when the questions refer to the Battle of Hastings or the 66 World Cup. Poor old Dale looks as though hes thrown the towel in too.
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,978
    Forum Member
    Last one next week. Surely this must be binned after. Shame, as I used to love watching this.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    grauniad wrote: »
    Last one next week. Surely this must be binned after. Shame, as I used to love watching this.

Same here. I remember one female contestant getting nearly 100 grand at one sitting. Perhaps the vetting system filters out those with an IQ of greater than ca. 80 now.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    Same here. I remember one female contestant getting nearly 100 grand at one sitting. Perhaps the vetting system filters out those with an IQ of greater than ca. 80 now.

I can remember her, she won the lot and no one else got a look in :)

I'm sure this programme used to be much slicker and more enjoyable than now. Dale prattles on far too much :(