Options

24: Live Another Day [US Pace]

Comments

• Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That episode was up there with the best of the 24 episodes. Enjoyed every minute of it and the drone scenes were outstanding. This season is just fantastic. The 12 episode format has made this show so much more enjoyable.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm loving this return but the only thing which is starting to piss me off is how the American's are portraying our prime minster!! I half wanted Stephen Fry to tell the President to **** off!! I realise it must be difficult using the 24 format in another country but they really should give us more credit. They are making the Brits look incompetent yet in reality its always us that hold up the Americans when the shit hits the fan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dammit, it wasn't Tony :D
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving this return but the only thing which is starting to piss me off is how the American's are portraying our prime minster!! I half wanted Stephen Fry to tell the President to **** off!! I realise it must be difficult using the 24 format in another country but they really should give us more credit. They are making the Brits look incompetent yet in reality its always us that hold up the Americans when the shit hits the fan.
    I don't like Fry in this, but I think his snivelling PM bending over for the President is far closer to reality than you imagine.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    I don't like Fry in this, but I think his snivelling PM bending over for the President is far closer to reality than you imagine.

In his own country though? they are making it look like the Americans are running the show. MI5/MI6 would be all over this yet we have only seen them in one episode. From the way 24 are writing it, its all the big CIA saving London. I love this show but I do think its a bit patronising to its UK audience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I was joking but forgot to come back and post to say it was a joke :D

Fingers crossed she's not back!

And breathe...for now
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member

Agreed, I was really glad that MI5 showed up last week because before that I was wondering WTF they were doing with such a major terrorist threat on our soil. Its almost as if they had the day off or something.

And, I've gotta say, I think our PM has been miscast in this show.
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    Yes Jack has an enjoyable extra bit of edge about him this time. I loved his gutteral "I hate these people" :D

I would hate anyone who fracks up nine days of my life in such a fashion. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    I would hate anyone who fracks up nine days of my life in such a fashion. :D

Definitely more than nine days if you count the expanded media :D
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    If Stephen Fry doesn't tell the US President that this is NOT his &^%$'g country I think my partner and I will implode. It's unrealistic and I want to poke the writers in the eyes with a sharp stick.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's one way of cutting the NHS waiting list.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    If Stephen Fry doesn't tell the US President that this is NOT his &^%$'g country I think my partner and I will implode. It's unrealistic and I want to poke the writers in the eyes with a sharp stick.

Also, if POTUS is in London where missiles are being fired from drones, don't you think that the Secret Service would have him out of the US Embassy and into a secure location - or preferably out of the city altogether?

Same goes for Fry's PM. He seems to spend most of his time popping between 10DS and the US Embassy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »

Yeah because Tony said that to Georgie boy...totally unrealistic.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was a lot of fun :D

The Car chase evading the drones was a joy to watch and badass Jack at the hospital was brilliant. Excellent episode.
  • Options
    Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a strong internet rumour/claim there is no time jump to make it a 24 hours long storyline. I think this is a pity. If the show is called 24 then the story should take place over 24 hrs even if we skip a few hours due to the 12 episodes format. Fans of LAD should not expect a time jump cos it looks very unlikely!
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Simone alive.:o - and Jack has a chat with her.;-)
    "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that"

Great explosive action this week with the Drone Attack.
    Yasmin was amazing too, with her account of what had happened.

And the Canal shooting - not a great shot.

Plus what is Heller's decision.:confused:
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    There's a strong internet rumour/claim there is no time jump to make it a 24 hours long storyline. I think this is a pity. If the show is called 24 then the story should take place over 24 hrs even if we skip a few hours due to the 12 episodes format. Fans of LAD should not expect a time jump cos it looks very unlikely!

I suspected for a few weeks that the jump will start at episode 11 so at 9am to finish at 11am.

Or they're somehow splitting the day into 2 seasons of 12 consecutive hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They assured us the season will cover 24 hours so there must be a time jump somewhere...
  • Options
    TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They assured us the season will cover 24 hours so there must be a time jump somewhere...

How longs the flight to Russia? :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    If my memory serves me right it's a long flight to the USA so I may speculate that jack will no doubt return to the US to face charges maybe that will be the jump in time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrBauer wrote: »
    If my memory serves me right it's a long flight to the USA so I may speculate that jack will no doubt return to the US to face charges maybe that will be the jump in time

But....then it'll go backwards (unless he goes to the US and the clock stays in BST)...if 24 can do time travel it can surely find a way to bring back Tony? Please please pretty please
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    But....then it'll go backwards (unless he goes to the US and the clock stays in BST)...if 24 can do time travel it can surely find a way to bring back Tony? Please please pretty please

Even though Carlos is a legend I don't see Tony being back. Maybe Mandy or even Wayne Palmer or even arron pierce
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrBauer wrote: »
    Even though Carlos is a legend I don't see Tony being back. Maybe Mandy or even Wayne Palmer or even arron pierce

I could definitely see Tony coming back. As mentioned earlier in the thread, this isn't a show like Game of Thrones where fan faviroutes usually end up dead. If we want it enough, the producers will probably bring him back. He is a fan faviroute after all. As for Wayne, he's deceased now. I would definitely like Mr. Pierce back though :D
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Simone alive.:o - and Jack has a chat with her.;-)
    "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that"

Great explosive action this week with the Drone Attack.
    Yasmin was amazing too, with her account of what had happened.

And the Canal shooting - not a great shot.

Plus what is Heller's decision.:confused:

His decision I guess will be played by the minute depending on Jack as he is the only one he believes in at the moment ..hes not going to negotiate with the evil terrorist......I hate that woman and cant wait to see her commupance...I bet her daugter kills her lol....
  • Options
    FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tony's got to come back. Jack needs to break Tony out of jail and at some point say "Tony, you were right."