Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    The Kinder chocolate advert with a child's voice over. It's an animated scene of a little boy and his teddy bear.
    The bad grammar is not endearing it's irritating. I'm not the grammar police by the way. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    But more so is the guy at the end! I'm absolutely fed up of hearing him saying that damned stupid phrase all the time! I'm finding it SOOOO ANNOYING! >:(
    I do quite like the cool music track they used though. That's the only thing I feel about that advert that's interesting.:cool:

You do realise that these two are quite closely related, don't you? Hate the guy, like the song......aaarrgghhh, the conflict!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hIjgofcuWU

They should have used the unedited version in the ad though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The World Cup advert - "Brace yourself - it's going to be emotional"
    PISS OFF , will you !

Don't forget that she also uses a flat monotone voice with absolutely no emotion in it whatsoever
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elena wrote: »
    This is what they're like in a year we're not expected to do well..

Imagine the horror if we were halfway to decent! :o

.. I'm still waiting for the twee, baby-voice female cover version of Three Lions, by the way. Surely it's inevitable? :D
    BIB if this now comes to pass I will hunt you down >:(

:D:p
  • Options
    pete_dalepete_dale Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    That one with the right rough dog van outen, with a face so camera smoothed it looks like a fuzzy white alien.
    Not sure which yoghurt, probably activia or something.

She has a voice that's sounds like it should be advertising builders bricks or something.

Although you can go too far with the cockney sound like the VW transporter adds on the radio where the ray winstone sound alike calls a van a vayun.

Oh for the days of 50's adverts.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Don't forget that she also uses a flat monotone voice with absolutely no emotion in it whatsoever

I think that's what irritates me the most about it. They've literally just got someone to read a few words, they could have at least got someone with a bit of dimension to their voice-over!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,573
    Forum Member
    scowie wrote: »
    Just saw the Kindle advert with all the people "reviewing" it...
    I swear one of the women says the line...

"for travelling this'll be a god's end!"

...instead of "a god send", as it should be :D

Maybe she thinks it's a variation on the phrase "dog's bollocks!" :p

hmm...
    "for traveling this'll be..."

...the Lord's schlong?
    ...an almighty meat truncheon?
    ...a titantic trouser snake?
    ...a prodigious pork sword?
    ...a formidable third leg?
    ^_^

Which is not a book >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bobby_Robson_Cropped.jpg
    This Bobby Robson who died 5 years ago?

It's not him then :D

I am not into football but sure he is an ex manager or something to do with football :confused:

EDIT. Just found out it is Graham Taylor :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chuffster wrote: »
    oops.

Agree. That one is blooming annoying >:(
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »

I was just coming to say exactly this. The "goalface" promo in itself is bad enough, but her completely toneless voice just makes the advert sound painfully sarcastic. Not a good choice of voiceover at all.

Also hate the British Red Cross advert with the will-writing buffoon.
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Graham "Turnip Head" Taylor and his Aldi cider advert.
    "Do I not like that?"
    Damn right I don't!
    It's just awful!

It really is - whoever produced that for Aldi wants the sack.
    His diction is dreadful - the so called acting is awful and makes him look at right idiot.
    The chair goes back and his hand does not move then he remembers it should so throws it over himself. - there must have been better takes than that (or maybe not and they had paid him megga money and wanted an ad)
    Should have ditched it and cut their loses.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "Premium Spotify account with Vodafone" advert. There's something wrong with hearing OAPs singing Kelis' Milkshake.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    All the world cup ads
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That advert removing dead skin from the feet is just disgusting and I don't want to see that lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    That advert removing dead skin from the feet is just disgusting and I don't want to see that lol.
    OMG :o I cannot watch those at all either. Disgusting.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Imagine watching that ad followed by an arty M&S food ad with grating parmesan :p
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Imagine watching that ad followed by an arty M&S food ad with grating parmesan :p
    That advert always seems to come on when I'm eating something lol.

LIZALYNN whenever that advert comes on, I have to change the channel, vile advert.
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    It really is - whoever produced that for Aldi wants the sack.
    His diction is dreadful - the so called acting is awful and makes him look at right idiot.
    The chair goes back and his hand does not move then he remembers it should so throws it over himself. - there must have been better takes than that (or maybe not and they had paid him megga money and wanted an ad)
    Should have ditched it and cut their loses.

I have to look way when it comes on, its just so bad.
  • Options
    LilSoapyFangirlLilSoapyFangirl Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    You do realise that these two are quite closely related, don't you? Hate the guy, like the song......aaarrgghhh, the conflict!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hIjgofcuWU

They should have used the unedited version in the ad though!

If it had been a different song I'd never heard of, I guess no conflict there which would have been better. The unedited version you linked to would have made the advert longer, but more interesting for singing/dancing along to. :cool:
  • Options
    LilSoapyFangirlLilSoapyFangirl Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »

Yeah, I find that one disgusting too. Just the thought of it nearly makes me feel a bit sick. I think it's called the "Pedi" or something very similar.

But when you see it in the advert, it looked to me like the woman was scraping nearly a mug full of the stuff.
    It falls off quite fast. Yuck! :(
    I'm quite certain that anyone using 1 of these isn't going to get that much dead skin really!

I don't know about you, but here in the uk where I am, I haven't seen that ad in ages, and it's not on my t.v. very often either...... thankfully!:cool:
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    The "Premium Spotify account with Vodafone" advert. There's something wrong with hearing OAPs singing Kelis' Milkshake.

No-one should sing that ever
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    I was just coming to say exactly this. The "goalface" promo in itself is bad enough, but her completely toneless voice just makes the advert sound painfully sarcastic. Not a good choice of voiceover at all.

Also hate the British Red Cross advert with the will-writing buffoon.

:D I love the word buffoon... I use it all the time. I think there should be a campaign to bring it back into common usage :D

Hopefully, flat VO woman will disappear now that its underway
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one should sing that ever

Damn right.....think I'm having a touch of deja vu here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I think it might be Bobby Robson ? in an Aldi ad. This is the worse advert they have ever done. His comic timing is totally rubbish.

Get it off my screen NOW >:(>:(

ITS GRAHAM TAYLOR......DOH !!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    The unedited version you linked to would have made the advert longer, but more interesting for singing/dancing along to. :cool:

More complaints too.........we all love complaints!!
This discussion has been closed.