Options

Has anyone thought that Chris should have just been honest to Jale?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what if he had confessed? What would Big Brother have done? Evict him? There's no jail to go to..
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigelk wrote: »
    So what if he had confessed? What would Big Brother have done? Evict him? There's no jail to go to..

for an offence deemed this serious they probably wouldn't have allowed them to use the hair straighteners for five minutes :o
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Jale was whining about supposedly having to lie about what was shouted over the wall, therefore if he owned up to being the PH, she would have also have been "compelled" to tell everyone. Either she was just being awkward or it wouldn't have made any difference.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    If she can't lie then she can never get it as she will tell them as soon as she leaves the control room.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see how he can fess up, he would be breaking the rule regarding discussing nominations. He has to keep up the pretence. He is in a horrid position.
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    I don't see how he can fess up, he would be breaking the rule regarding discussing nominations. He has to keep up the pretence. He is in a horrid position.

I agree........
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fairness to Jale, Chris may have been told before their second altercation that he could tell them he was the power housemate (if his power trip had ended prior to that)...but equally he may not have been.

...having said that,Chris was right on the money to think she'd grass him up so he'd likely believe that if he confirmed it she'd tell everyone (so was also right to still try and keep it secret). You'd be very foolish to risk a full reveal to the house until after the eviction when the final deed is done (be it Chris doing the reveal, Jale or anyone else).

It's always best to let BB do the reveal in a case like this (if they want to) as they wouldn't take the word of Chris in regards to any reasons he gives...they'd need to see a video (hopefully with a fair edit largely designed to calm as opposed to inflame the situation).
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paralax wrote: »

Even if he was allowed to fess up ..no way would I do it until Saturday in his position
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jale did it because she wanted to be friends with people.
    chris could not have said it because bb said he could not... remember jale was told only bb would tell anyone who tph was.

jale should have kept quiet. at some point she will have a secret task and will immediately break her own rule. so jale was wrong to do what she did - and will be remembered for her 2 faced badly thought out "logic" (which had been her strong point)
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    jale did it because she wanted to be friends with people.
    chris could not have said it because bb said he could not... remember jale was told only bb would tell anyone who tph was.

jale should have kept quiet. at some point she will have a secret task and will immediately break her own rule. so jale was wrong to do what she did - and will be remembered for her 2 faced badly thought out "logic" (which had been her strong point)

I don't believe she did it to be friends with people. I shouldn't think there are many she'd want to be friends with.

There was more and more speculation between the 'horribles' that Jale was PH. Why should she put up with even more hatred and ill feeling. I guess she was trying to 'remove the target' from her back.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe she did it to be friends with people. I shouldn't think there are many she'd want to be friends with.

There was more and more speculation between the 'horribles' that Jale was PH. Why should she put up with even more hatred and ill feeling. I guess she was trying to 'remove the target' from her back.

she did it to win "favour" from them... to get into peoples good books... to have something to add that they wanted.. "friends" was used to cover those ideas.

the next bit was the important bit... she said she told them because she did not like lying etc... but the game show she is in is about having secret tasks, she knows she will have to do so at some point, because they all do. her reason therefore was not logical, and when she lies to peoples faces for a task, they will remember it.
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigelk wrote: »

I would say the possibilities of how BB could respond should have given any one with an ounce of sense pause for thought before charging off the deep end and giving lectures on not being a grass and not telling anyone (n that department alone she has made herself look ridiculous)
    BB could do many things that might have wider repercussions within the house, they could choose to over turn the nominations from Chris and put all those not nommed up, they could remove the food, close the pool no alcohol etc, etc and all for what?....further speculation that she simply must upon pain of death off load to up hold morals that she actually doesn't have.
    So either she's daft as a brush or has thought about the possible repercussions and has decided that she will benefit in some way and more than happy for Chris to deal with the fallout knowing the threats and viciousness the other HM's have promised to unleash once they 'know' who the PHM is.
    She is either stupid or thoroughly unpleasant IMO.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Me too. In fact this was of much more significance to me than Jale's umming and ahhing over telling about it which I agree with you is a storm in a tea cup. I don't buy the shouting one but. It was incredibly clear and they repeated it again as clearly as a diction coach and why if it is a member of the public 'roll eyes' would they give the correct PHM. Wouldn't you want to cause mischief if you're going to go to the bother of doing this :confused: Saying it's Chris is probably the most boring option.

Also, as you say it happens whilst these 3 are sat there. I am convinced it's BB or someone associated with it anyway,

ETA Agree with you also bingoes

I'm convinced it was BB and have posted this in other threads. I thought it last year with the tennis balls too. Dirty tricks.

They have security on site so how likely is it that security failed right at the moment someone shouts the twist, clearly and articulately? Funny that. It wasnt the moronic meaningless type of "get X out!" jeering we used to hear when security previously slipped up.

I reckon that BB would always have revealed the PHM identity (when do they NOT meddle to create drama?) but have been hamstrung by how volatile this particular house is.. With bullying controversies, OFCOM complaints and the HMs all overreacting to the PHM stuff, BB wouldn't risk seeming like villains. They couldn't on the one hand counsel and reassure Chris and Jale while on the other throw them to the wolves.

So they got someone else to do their dirty work for them. At the very least, it's taken the heat off Pauline, in a week where we haven't been shown her allegedly being warned about bullying like Helen was. Again, funny that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    she did it to win "favour" from them... to get into peoples good books... to have something to add that they wanted.. "friends" was used to cover those ideas.

the next bit was the important bit... she said she told them because she did not like lying etc... but the game show she is in is about having secret tasks, she knows she will have to do so at some point, because they all do. her reason therefore was not logical, and when she lies to peoples faces for a task, they will remember it.

It's also possible she did it simply because she likes a good gossip, some drama (when it's not aimed at her that is) and can't keep her own counsel. No malice particularly intended.

I do think that nonsense about "being hostage" and being stuck between being a grass or a liar was a mask for her inner frustration at simply wanting to tell but knowing it was morally wrong to do so. So she concocted an entirely different moral dilemma, one that sounded disingenuous to us cos basically it was: she wanted to tell, and she knew it was probably not a good idea.

Also, the frustration we saw with her and Chris later, where she seemed more antagonistic than we've seen her before, could have been more cognitive dissonance; her attempt to convince herself or soothe herself that he somehow deserved it. Like Pauline did with her only far less extreme.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    I watched it again and I agree she was a bit annoying there. Saying I make up my mind tomorrow. Get a grip Jale. :D (I actually do like her)
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's also possible she did it simply because she likes a good gossip, some drama (when it's not aimed at her that is) and can't keep her own counsel. No malice particularly intended.

I do think that nonsense about "being hostage" and being stuck between being a grass or a liar was a mask for her inner frustration at simply wanting to tell but knowing it was morally wrong to do so. So she concocted an entirely different moral dilemma, one that sounded disingenuous to us cos basically it was: she wanted to tell, and she knew it was probably not a good idea.

Also, the frustration we saw with her and Chris later, where she seemed more antagonistic than we've seen her before, could have been more cognitive dissonance; her attempt to convince herself or soothe herself that he somehow deserved it. Like Pauline did with her only far less extreme.

Good points, particularly about her 'hostage' justification being her feeble attempt at squaring an action she knew was morally wrong.
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im wondering if the reason jale finds it a dilema on keeping it to herself is big brother its self ..there all expecting a reveal on who the powerhousemate is ..what im wondering ..is she thinking they may reveal dureing the course of it ..that the name was shouted in and that some knew ..or even that it was bb to get it spread round the housemates
  • Options
    radiofreeradiofree Posts: 7,316
    Forum Member
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    If I was him I'd have given Jale and Christopher a quick nod and if BB tried to tell me off I'd call them a bunch of C-words for trying to blame me for their crap security.

i totally agree. he can't be held accountable for something that was never anticipated. once the basic conditions are breached, all bets are off and you do what you have to do. i would have just said 'say nothing. act like this never happened' and jale, much as i like her, should have kept quiet and let the 'game' continue.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    Do you actually believe it was a random person shouting over the wall?:D How did they know someone would be in the garden especially those particular three?

Additionally its BB that calls Chris to the DR and five minutes later or by the look of it a nomination is announced. #intentional BB

Yes I believe that it was one of the local idiots. The Tesco car park is close to the house and it's happened before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good points, particularly about her 'hostage' justification being her feeble attempt at squaring an action she knew was morally wrong.

Last night I was suspecting it was selfishly strategic but yeah, after sleeping on it I just think she was being a big mouth. Gossip is currency in any social situation. If it WAS a moral dilemma about being a "grass or a liar", she'd have slept on it, like she promised Chris she would. Because no one at that point had made it uncomfortable for her. There was no rush.

Instead, the way she shifted about uncomfortably in the diary room when they advised her to keep schtum, and then dramatically announced it to the girls, she looked like someone trying to hold in a bad case of the squitters before it exploded out of them. :D
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because everyone is constantly talking about it and asking her who she thinks it is. She doesn't want to lie to people that she may be friendly with, plus it would be lying for someone elses protection and not hers. She decided to tell the people she didn't want to lie to because they are her allies. Chris was an ally and showed her he was prepared to lie to her face. Repeatedly, even when she told him not top bullshit her.
    So well done Jale, leave him to the wolves.

It is not a lie to say she does not know.

She does not know for sure, since BB did not announce it in the house

(and even then they could have been lying for all anyone in there, except Chris, knew)
  • Options
    go57ukgo57uk Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she had thought about it before blabbing maybe she would have seen the noms were done to protect herself and Christopher. Chris didn't know at the start how many names he had to give so had it been just two he made sure that Pauline who got the boos would have gone IMO
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    go57uk wrote: »
    If she had thought about it before blabbing maybe she would have seen the noms were done to protect herself and Christopher. Chris didn't know at the start how many names he had to give so had it been just two he made sure that Pauline who got the boos would have gone IMO

It seem that only the only reasoning for her actions, in which she's potentially put a target on Chris's back, and made herself seem untrustworthy and a grass in front of the only people who trusted her, is that she's a total dumbo.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nomad2king wrote: »
    Jale was whining about supposedly having to lie about what was shouted over the wall, therefore if he owned up to being the PH, she would have also have been "compelled" to tell everyone. Either she was just being awkward or it wouldn't have made any difference.

She's just being awkward. I don't condone how she was treated by Helen & co. but she's quite a nasty piece of work herself, as has been shown by this incident.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It seem that only the only reasoning for her actions, in which she's potentially put a target on Chris's back, and made herself seem untrustworthy and a grass in front of the only people who trusted her, is that she's a total dumbo.

:D "Dumbo" actually is the only legitimate explanation, you're right. I thought she was a shrewd game player but that was a huge mistake: she must know the public won't like a "grass", and it's safe to assume we like Chris if we voted him PHM, so it's silly to piss him off. And it can't be to ingratiate with other HMs cos as you say, she's alienated one key ally and risked making herself look like a gossip to the other 3 who now know the truth. And Im not buying the idea she was taking the heat off herself cos Chris and Marlon were the two main suspects not her, with Kim another strong possibility especially after Marlon's nomination.

Factor in that she also chose to go against BB's own advice and you're left with a picture of someone who simply couldn't contain herself. I don't think she's nasty enough to consciously paint a target on Chris' back.