Options

The Official Christmas Radio Times 2014 Countdown Thread

Comments

• Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there will be plenty of sitcoms this Christmas.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello wizzywick, last year on Christmas Day both BBC 1 and ITV 1 had news updates right after the Queens speech. Therefore in my opinion I don't think that there will be BBC News at 5.35 as you have suggested.

Having the News at 3.10pm was utterly ridiculous and made the evening unflowing. It was done so BBC1 could compete with Emmerdale which was brought forward last minute in order to give DA an earlier start time. I hope this will not be repeated again. There are rumours beginning that DW will not be shown on Christmas Day this year. That would be surprising, and foolish if true.
  • Options
    BatfinkBatfink Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Can't quite believe we are nearly half way towards the expected date of December 6th 2014
  • Options
    Anthony_RyanAnthony_Ryan Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Having the News at 3.10pm was utterly ridiculous and made the evening unflowing. It was done so BBC1 could compete with Emmerdale which was brought forward last minute in order to give DA an earlier start time. I hope this will not be repeated again. There are rumours beginning that DW will not be shown on Christmas Day this year. That would be surprising, and foolish if true.

Come to think of it BBC 1 and ITV 1 both having news updates right after the Queens speech does seem odd. I watched the Queens speech on BBC 1 and the news bulletin that followed consisted largely of a recap of the speech.
  • Options
    digibladedigiblade Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I hope there will be plenty of sitcoms this Christmas.

Don't we all! It's what made up many of our christmas TV past (s). It's been a gripe on this forum for many years. I think the BBC ought to invest some faith, time & expense in the format rather than subscribe to the belief that they're over-expensive high risk ventures (like they used to with family adventure serials).
  • Options
    Aaron_CardwellAaron_Cardwell Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Hello wizzywick, last year on Christmas Day both BBC 1 and ITV 1 had news updates right after the Queens speech. Therefore in my opinion I don't think that there will be BBC News at 5.35 as you have suggested.

Do we know which BBC Comedy will be taking centre stage on Christmas day yet? (P.S. I know it's a little early)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know which BBC Comedy will be taking centre stage on Christmas day yet? (P.S. I know it's a little early)

Mrs. Browns' Boys.
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Expect BBC1 to show Cars 2 and Winnie the Pooh (this version)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnie_the_Pooh_(film) at Xmas
  • Options
    J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Ah Winnie the poo takes me back to my childhood so I won't protest if they show that even if it'll be much more glitzier and modern then I'm used to.

Slightly off subject but does anyone know why he is called Winnie the poo? Emphasis on "the poo" part?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    Expect BBC1 to show Cars 2 and Winnie the Pooh (this version)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnie_the_Pooh_(film) at Xmas

As has been mentioned, Cars 2 premiered on Boxing Day 2013. I also expect John Carter to premiere this Christmas too. It's a bare cupboard for films this year.
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine 'Brave' might premiere this Christmas. 'Toy Story 3' and 'Cars 2' were in cinema in 2010/11 respectively. Yet, both premiered last Christmas. So I'm guessing 'Brave' could be this year or next year. And 'Monsters University' in 2015 or 16.

Which other companies do the BBC have rights too?

There's also the Mrs Brown's Boys Movie which is out in a couple of weeks. If that's a BBC production, we could possibly see that on this Christmas. But more likely next year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I would love to see Brave on at christmas. I watched Frozen for the first time yesterday and loved it - very cheesy and soppy but i love a good disney film! I'm putting my money on a Brave premiere this christmas day :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What are the chances of Arthur Christmas being shown?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Batfink wrote: »
    What are the chances of Arthur Christmas being shown?

Arthur Christmas was on sky premiere last christmas so maybe a bit early yet. How about Madagascar 3, Rio, Smurfs or The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!
    Have any of these premiered yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Adventures with Pirates is a good shout!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Batfink wrote: »
    Adventures with Pirates is a good shout!

Although could be a disappointment in our house as we have it on DVD! Good film though - my 5 year old thought so too!
  • Options
    Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    As usual ITV will be showing "Let's Do Christmas with Gino & Mel"
    It will be recorded in July!

You can apply for tickets at http://www.applausestore.com/book-let's-do-christmas?utm_source=Sign-Up.to&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3433-316996-LET%27S+DO+CHRISTMAS+GENERAL
  • Options
    Forum Member

Has anyone ever watched this? I'm not sure I could tolerate it!

I had a bitter disappointment this weekend. We have moved to sky so had to send the talk talk box back - with my recording of Nigel Slates 12 tastes of christmas! Hope it's reshown this year :-(
  • Options
    i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can apply for tickets at http://www.applausestore.com/book-let's-do-christmas?utm_source=Sign-Up.to&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3433-316996-LET%27S+DO+CHRISTMAS+GENERAL

Why do they record it so early?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i love sky wrote: »
    Why do they record it so early?

why do they record it at all!! hehe!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    smirf1 wrote: »

I had a bitter disappointment this weekend. We have moved to sky so had to send the talk talk box back - with my recording of Nigel Slates 12 tastes of christmas! Hope it's reshown this year :-(

It's on itunes for a couple of £ if not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smirf1 wrote: »
    [

I'm the opposite! I no longer have Sky so no longer have the very festive Lapland with Sue Johnston.
  • Options
    LinusJLinusJ Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Hello - with six months to go, I've brought back Christmas UK for the Christmas In July season. :)

QVC's Xmas In July will be on July 24th/25th this year.
  • Options
    Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Looks like there is going to be a Sherlock Christmas Special but not until 2015.
  • Options
    Aaron_CardwellAaron_Cardwell Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Looks like there is going to be a Sherlock Christmas Special but not until 2015.

But... I... nooooooooooooooooooooo :'(