Options

World Cup Final, July 13, Rio de Janiero, BBC HD and ITV HD, 2000

alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thought we could have this ready in reasonable advance of the final. Good chance of the host nation facing Argentina?

Comments

• Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought we could have this ready in reasonable advance of the final. Good chance of the host nation facing Argentina?

Think Germany will beat argentina in the quarter finals

Can't see Brazil getting past, chile, Columbia and Uruguay
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, Peter will not be happy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Essentially a prediction thread until 9th july.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the match!
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Think Germany will beat argentina in the quarter finals

Can't see Brazil getting past, chile, Columbia and Uruguay

Germany don't play Argentina unless they fail to top the group, is that what you are assuming?

Germany should be in Brazil's half by tomorrow.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    Germany don't play Argentina unless they fail to top the group, is that what you are assuming?

Germany should be in Brazil's half by tomorrow.

Yes sorry I was thinking Germany was group h:blush:
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Ooh, Peter will not be happy.

He does all the donkey work of making the group stage matches. The OP swoops in and takes the final. :D

I think its going to be a France v Holland/Argentina. I cant quite pick a winner between Holland/Argentina that will be a game worth watching.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Boycotting this thread. Far too early to be a match thread. Would have understood if it was a prediction thread...
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The team who cares and has passion will win, to the point that whoever sings the anthem loudest may as well be given the cup (the trophy, that is, it's not actually a cup, try drinking tea out of it, you can't!!!!).

The losing side don't care and are overpaid prima donnas who should give their Xboxes to kids and email the mums of killed firemen to tell them what happened, and Phil Neville's RUINED it if he's still alive by then.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    He does all the donkey work of making the group stage matches. The OP swoops in and takes the final. :D

I think its going to be a France v Holland/Argentina. I cant quite pick a winner between Holland/Argentina that will be a game worth watching.

Donkey work? He takes about 2 minutes to make 3/4 threads a day and then contributes nothing to them.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    celesti wrote: »
    The team who cares and has passion will win, to the point that whoever sings the anthem loudest may as well be given the cup (the trophy, that is, it's not actually a cup, try drinking tea out of it, you can't!!!!).

The losing side don't care and are overpaid prima donnas who should give their Xboxes to kids and email the mums of killed firemen to tell them what happened, and Phil Neville's RUINED it if he's still alive by then.

But what about Playstations??

And what about paramedics and police officers??? Surley they are just as important as firemen???

And what's sooooo bad about Phil Neville? He's fulfilled the terms of his contract with the BBC so he has done a fine job, I would say.

#Justice4HopeSolo
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS4s are for WINNERS. You hear me?
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^ Lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boycotting this thread. Far too early to be a match thread. Would have understood if it was a prediction thread...

I love it when people post that they are boycotting a thread.
  • Options
    InsaniumInsanium Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Holland are gonna win
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope this match can live up to the 9 goal thriller that was the third-place play off yesterday. Have you ever seen a streaker run so fast?!
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,194
    Forum Member
    I reckon this is going to be contested by the two sides that do best in the knock-out stages. Don't know why; just got a feeling in my bones.
  • Options
    nevadanevada Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this will possibly be won in normal time, extra time or on penalties.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nevada wrote: »
    I think this will possibly be won in normal time, extra time or on penalties.

What about injury time?
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about injury time?

Part of normal time :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Batch wrote: »
    Part of normal time :)

Meh.
    What about added time?
  • Options
    nevadanevada Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh.
    What about added time?

I don't think it will be won in added time.
    My prediction might be considered too narrow by some to actually occur, but I'm sticking with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan what have you done!? Peter_Lamy lives for creating match threads. You have taken away his preciousssssss!
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    The team that wins will score more goals than the other team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, superb point.

It wont necessarily be won by the team that scores first either, that is to say, if any team scores, for it may be a goalless draw which if I'm remeber rightly was the case in that final in San Francisco when Roberto lobbed that kick from 12 yards just above the crossbar.