Options

Lulu

Comments

• Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    It's just been on the news that Lulu ran totally naked around the Salford Asda. Some people have suggested she was on drugs, but her doctor said she did it for charity.

Nah, Lulu is notoriously tight as two coats of paint. She'd only have done that for a hefty personal appearance fee.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, Lulu is notoriously tight as two coats of paint. She'd only have done that for a hefty personal appearance fee.

Weeeeeheeeeeeheeeeeee..ll. She is Scottish.

If that makes you want to shout....

Only kidding, my Celtic brethren. ;-)
  • Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    I think Lulu is a dreadful woman. She comes across as sneery and stuck on herself.

Her auld da was an alky who used to throw the furniture out the window when they lived in Dennistoun. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    I remember her sister Edwina.

She presented TvAm's early kids show Datarun.

Had no idea she was still in circulation!

Used to be a rumour about Edwina and a carrot....
  • Options
    AliKatAliKat Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    Lulu's pet grooming business seems to be doing well.

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/lulu-s-pet-grooming-reno

And then there's her hypermarket business in the Middle East

http://www.lulugroupinternational.com/retail.php

Fair play, she keeps herself busy.

Oh and here's a picture of Lulu's dog for those who wondered earlier.

What a lovely Westie, nearly as nice as mine!! Lulu on the other hand.......!
  • Options
    SeverianSeverian Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I've had 2 earwigs in my kitchen in the last 2 weeks, or the same earwig twice (I haven't got the killer instict.) Should I call International Rescue or Lulu ?
  • Options
    SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, from what I can recall as I've not actually seen her on TV for many years now - she's very small and had great difficulty climbing onto chairs and sofas and her older brother Harry would torment her and make her cry, or do something naughty and then blame her for it, by saying "Lulu done it!"

Typical toddler behaviour really.

I always preferred Wayne and Waynetta though.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Severian wrote: »
    I've had 2 earwigs in my kitchen in the last 2 weeks, or the same earwig twice (I haven't got the killer instict.) Should I call International Rescue or Lulu ?
    Definitely International Rescue for earwig infestations. Lulu's speciality is silverfish.
  • Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skaface wrote: »
    Well, from what I can recall as I've not actually seen her on TV for many years now - she's very small and had great difficulty climbing onto chairs and sofas and her older brother Harry would torment her and make her cry, or do something naughty and then blame her for it, by saying "Lulu done it!"

Typical toddler behaviour really.

I always preferred Wayne and Waynetta though.

That particular "Lulu" was based on Lily Allen, Harry was representing her brother Alfie. I think Harry Enfield is Lily Allen's stepdad or something.

Yeah, Lulu....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Jordan has called her baby Looloo - can't she get anything right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might have got my facts completely wrong, but did Jimi Hendrix go into his improvised tribute to Cream on Lulu's show so that he didn't have to sing with her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might have got my facts completely wrong, but did Jimi Hendrix go into his improvised tribute to Cream on Lulu's show so that he didn't have to sing with her?
    I don't think so but I wouldn't have blamed him. I think he saw an opportunity to grab a bit of publicity and also to prevent him being bracketed as a pop act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think so but I wouldn't have blamed him. I think he saw an opportunity to grab a bit of publicity and also to prevent him being bracketed as a pop act.

I think KP's baby will be called Spudgun.

SORRY, wrong thread. :blush: Bit of googling suggests that Hendrix did deliberately sabotage the end of the show. Then again, he was probably quite high at the time. Said googling also means I now know there is a film called 'Lulu and Jimi' in existence...but it's not based on this incident. :)
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Lulu is still wearing Freemans these days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Lulu openly support the Conservative Party in the next General Election like she has done in the past? It is reported she received personal letters of thanks from Thatcher for her public support of the Tory Party.

Lulu claims in her book she is 'proud of what Thatcher did and achieved'. I'd like to hear our Lu stand in the centre of Glasgow shouting that in her strange mid-Atlantic accent and she hear the reply she gets... At best what that other faux-Weegie Ms Easton got :-D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Lulu knew Rolf Harris at all? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Will Lulu openly support the Conservative Party in the next General Election like she has done in the past? It is reported she received personal letters of thanks from Thatcher for her public support of the Tory Party.

Lulu claims in her book she is 'proud of what Thatcher did and achieved'. I'd like to hear our Lu stand in the centre of Glasgow shouting that in her strange mid-Atlantic accent and she hear the reply she gets... At best what that other faux-Weegie Ms Easton got :-D

A good chibbin. She used to play the accordion in the orange walk. She deserves a slap gor that alone
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is in the Daily Mail today, whining about getting older and being alone. Oh and launching her new beauty range Time Bomb in Selfridges.

Oh but wait, its not new as she has been on QVC the shopping channel flogging it for about 3 or 4 years now. But no mention on that now she is in Selfridges, sweetie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise that.

Hang the old bag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise that.

Hang the old bag.

Mmm, she's 'true blue' in the ballot box it seems.

Both her and the equally vile has-been Black were seen on stage as well at Tory party conferences >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    She is in the Daily Mail today, whining about getting older and being alone. Oh and launching her new beauty range Time Bomb in Selfridges.

I don't know what I find more desperate here, Lulu's whining or Selfridges actually flogging her beauty range?!? :confused:

I suppose I can see some of the typical QVC viewers falling for the hard sell & spin they put on every item (especially if forced, sorry, presented by that horrible sneering show-off Jill Franks) but I would have thought the typical Selfridges shopper would have had sense as well as money! :p

Ugh. Imagine being stuck in a lift with Lulu and Jill Franks! Aaaagh! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmm, she's 'true blue' in the ballot box it seems.

Both her and the equally vile has-been Black were seen on stage as well at Tory party conferences >:(

Not suprised, but....Yeuch. Add a certain Mr Davidson and....no, no, Sunday dinner's cooking and want to keep it down.

I'll let Morecombe and Wise off...because I like them. And Kenny Everett as I think I'm right in saying he regretted his famous appearance later. And understandably considering a certain clause....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not suprised, but....Yeuch. Add a certain Mr Davidson and....no, no, Sunday dinner's cooking and want to keep it down.

I'll let Morecombe and Wise off...because I like them. And Kenny Everett as I think I'm right in saying he regretted his famous appearance later. And understandably considering a certain clause....

LOL! :D

I had no idea M&W were Conservatives though. Morecombe I'm more surprised at than Wise actually. Ernie Wise always came across as the kind of typical, I'm all right, sneering celebrity Tory supporter now you mention it.

As for Davison, well no comment! Just like Lulu herself, why are most 'celeb' Tory voters has-beens, not really good at much and refuse to go away gracefully?!?
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »

Oh but wait, its not new as she has been on QVC the shopping channel flogging it for about 3 or 4 years now. But no mention on that now she is in Selfridges, sweetie.

I remember bumping into Lulu who was flogging her dodgy wares in some department store in Norwich while shopping with my cousin there a few years ago. I think the store was Jarrold's.

Ah, found the link!

http://www.letstalk24.co.uk/articles/how-lulu-keeps-the-look/

Needless to say, I didn't buy anything from her TimeBomb range at that time, neither did my cousin as well.

http://www.letstalk24.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Lulu11.jpg

Goodness me! Lulu seems to have dated some fella looking centuries old in that article! Probably taken after their first date together...;-) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL! :D

I had no idea M&W were Conservatives though. Morecombe I'm more surprised at than Wise actually. Ernie Wise always came across as the kind of typical, I'm all right, sneering celebrity Tory supporter now you mention it.

As for Davison, well no comment! Just like Lulu herself, why are most 'celeb' Tory voters has-beens, not really good at much and refuse to go away gracefully?!?

Well, in fairness and in the interest of balance, there are Phil Collins, Paul Daniels, that tax avoiding ex boy band singer and Andrew Lloyd-We......er, no, never mind.