Options

World Cup 2014- The Official Thread!!

Comments

• Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    It is a bit stupid to have to wait so close to the actual day before they update the schedule/EPG.

Yes the matches will be shown, but it is the delay which is so annoying.

Yes, it must be so annoying to have to wait 24 hours before the event to see whether you have to press 1/101 or 3/103 on your remote control...
  • Options
    mikeisyoumikeisyou Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    tiger2000 wrote: »
    I didn't know that the road next to Copacabana Beach ran directly under the ITV & BBC Studios?

http://i.imgur.com/yx1JKnQ.jpg

Anyone got a list of who the other broadcasters are sharing the facilities with the UK Broadcasters?

No but i am pretty sure SVT Sweden is one of them, http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/2144859/wright-i-studion-suarez-maste-soka-hjalp interview with Ian Wright in English.
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tuned into Bom Dia Rio for the first time on Eurosport. Looks like they are on the roof of that BBC/ITV structure.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    mikeisyou wrote: »
    No but i am pretty sure SVT Sweden is one of them, http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/2144859/wright-i-studion-suarez-maste-soka-hjalp interview with Ian Wright in English.
    Surprised they have gone for such a big studio considering Sweden nor any Scandinavian countries qualified.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    deivu74 wrote: »
    I've tuned into Bom Dia Rio for the first time on Eurosport. Looks like they are on the roof of that BBC/ITV structure.

Looks to me like a hotel balcony if thats sense. Probably same building as ZDF Germany http://youtu.be/aDejrnEZj6A .

Also SVT Sweden have stolen another ITV pundit, Patrick Viera this time http://youtu.be/UwoRnuMjulE .
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC get this Tennis rubbish to BBC2 please ! >:(

Heather Watson playing and the court half empty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was just saying the same thing about Glastonbury. Why on earth they have to keep plugging it every five minutes I don't know.
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's better.

The BBC1 coverage is starting when it was scheduled to start, not sure what the problem was.
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Heather Watson playing and the court half empty.

The coverage started at 4:30, what's the problem?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was starting to panic because an English girl was court, y'know what they are like.
  • Options
    wild_tywild_ty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Glad to see the portugal v ghana is on the hd red button feed
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    deivu74 wrote: »
    I was just saying the same thing about Glastonbury. Why on earth they have to keep plugging it every five minutes I don't know.

So viewers know it's on, and not just Wimbledon and the World Cup:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'll move to Kazakhstan where Twitter doesn't seem to have taken off.

I don't know why Gary Lineker keeps apologising for putting his glasses on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    mattwmattw Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    ITV aren't showing goals as they go in are they?

Just to add to that, seeing as it's' Germany tonight, thought I'd watch on German tv (zdf tonight). They don't show the goals in the other game, but actually show the score in the other game the whole match long.

I'm assuming this is zdf and not FIFA's choice, but either way good idea (and realise it makes the DOG bigger - but it's important information).

http://pic.twitter.com/i0jfvA70xQ
  • Options
    ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pablom wrote: »
    I love statistics. How about, England lost 100% of their matches shown on the BBC in this World Cup, compared to just 50% of those on ITV! :D

Or how about "since the last World Cup, England have lost 66.6% of the competitive games they have played shown on BBC1, and just 4.4% of the competitive games they have played shown on ITV."

Or how about "since 2002, the games in which England have been eliminated from every tournament in which they have played have been shown exclusively on BBC1"
  • Options
    pablompablom Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Gary just confirmed Brazil v Chile on BBC1 on Saturday teatime
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Brad Friedel is going home too! All (well, most) of the best pundits disappearing mid-tournament, which is a shame.
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariusuk wrote: »
    Or how about "since 2002, the games in which England have been eliminated from every tournament in which they have played have been shown exclusively on BBC1"

Ah so that's all we need to do to win the World Cup then - put all the matches on ITV. ;-)

Still if it means Clive Tydesley on every England game, I'm not sure it's worth it. :D

Also sorry to go on about it again but I really think Alan Hansen acts like a lead balloon and is just awful on the BBC coverage. He is just so negative (even on really enjoyable games) and really doesn't add any insight (and hasn't for a while) and just speaks in his usual cliches and sweeping sentences and really seems for no reason to have a problem with certain teams and players and struggles to give them praise. I even think Lawro is more cheerful than him this World Cup - and we're talking about Lawro of all people.
    Thank goodness he's no longer on BBC after the World Cup.

Also, not sure if already announced but BBC will be showing the Brazil v Chile game
    EDIT: Beaten to it above.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see the BBC closing things out tonight with the long list of credits.

Couldn't help but notice the numerous fixers listed - and couldn't help but wonder what an LSM operator is.
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Good to see the BBC closing things out tonight with the long list of credits.

Couldn't help but notice the numerous fixers listed - and couldn't help but wonder what an LSM operator is.

Fixers were mainly there for the Ghana games ;)

So 1st choice is done for the knockout stage, over to ITV who have probably decided, I can't see Germany's game being 2nd choice so that might get announced tonight
  • Options
    JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Or how about "since the last World Cup, England have lost 66.6% of the competitive games they have played shown on BBC1

If you're going to be pedantic and petty, it's 33.3%
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or how about "since the last World Cup, England have lost 66.6% of the competitive games they have played shown on BBC1, and just 4.4% of the competitive games they have played shown on ITV."

Samuel and Gazza will be seething when they see that :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »

I had a quick mooch about and it's do with multi camera setups and instant replays apparently. :p