Options

FARGO - Channel 4 Pace

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    Just like I "hoped" both got their comeuppance at the end. While I feel a bit sorry for Lester for how he was often picked on before he ever met Malvo, what he did after that cannot be justified. So he deserves this - that the little pip squeak got what he deserved in the end!

One thing I am wondering about is how did Gus not get done for shooting dead Malvo? He could have claimed self defence but at the same time, knowing what the authorites are like, he could have got done for murder because he chose to pursue him?

I'm glad he didn't get done for anything though.

Have you noticed what a nice bunch of Police Officers they were in Fargo though?

My thoughts
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Small town/area
    Used to be a cop

Malvo was wanted for the murders of Hess, Chief of Police, the 20 or so mob guys, Lester's wife, 3 people in the lift and 2 FBI agents.

They probably let it slide. Treat it as kind of a citizen's arrest.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lester's brother was put away for Lester's wife's murder. He would be released now that they have the telephone call tapes proving Lester did it. Or would he.... given the bloody hammer was found in his garage and he could have been in cahoots with his brother. Could this be a link to a new Fargo series perhaps?
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrQuike wrote: »
    Lester's brother was put away for Lester's wife's murder. He would be released now that they have the telephone call tapes proving Lester did it. Or would he.... given the bloody hammer was found in his garage and he could have been in cahoots with his brother. Could this be a link to a new Fargo series perhaps?

I don't think so. Martin Freeman and BBT have said they only signed in for 1 Season. The writer of the show said it will be a brand new story if there is a season 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    I don't think so. Martin Freeman and BBT have said they only signed in for 1 Season. The writer of the show said it will be a brand new story if there is a season 2.

I think they'll still have some causal link from the film or the TV series though.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'll still have some causal link from the film or the TV series though.

There was some speculation in the podcast that the next season could be a prequel to the film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    There was some speculation in the podcast that the next season could be a prequel to the film.

Maybe, but there is still that briefcase full of cash in the snow somewhere just waiting for someone to chance upon it …
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But it would have to return there anyway as AFAIK it's the same briefcase as in the film.

Maybe it is one of those mysteries where this briefcase is fated to keep being returned to that point :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it would have to return there anyway as AFAIK it's the same briefcase as in the film.

Maybe it is one of those mysteries where this briefcase is fated to keep being returned to that point :D

God answers those that ask and the spirit of Lorne Malvo leads them to another place where they realise that they have gone horribly wrong.....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually i've confused myself there as Fargo the film is set before the series :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the poster that said Frances McDormand had a cameo on the phone in the last episode was correct. I can find nothing on Google to say she did this. I watched the scene again, and it sounded nothing like her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the poster that said Frances McDormand had a cameo on the phone in the last episode was correct. I can find nothing on Google to say she did this. I watched the scene again, and it sounded nothing like her.

You might be right but I watched the Fargo film only last Friday and checked back on my final recording of the final episode on V+ using headphones for best sound quality and it really did sound like Marge to me as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might be right but I watched the Fargo film only last Friday and checked back on my final recording of the final episode on V+ using headphones for best sound quality and it really did sound like Marge to me as well.

They all sound like her in that neck of the woods Lol. I don't think it was her. There would have been a mention in the press and also she would have been credited.
  • Options
    Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought this was fantastic!! Didn't want Malvo to die though as a new series without him just won't be the same :(
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miles_T wrote: »
    Thought this was fantastic!! Didn't want Malvo to die though as a new series without him just won't be the same :(

Perhaps he has a twin brother?
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    DJW13 wrote: »

Um, no, that would be too corny. :D

Does anything think Malvo got too cocky in the end? He could have killed
    Lester in Vegas, but he decided to slowly hunt him down by going back to
    Fargo, thus giving Lester a chance to fight back and also alerting the cops
    to his presence. If he'd just plugged Lester in the lift he'd probably have
    got away.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,751
    Forum Member
    DJW13 wrote: »
    An *evil* twin brother? :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all sound like her in that neck of the woods Lol. I don't think it was her. There would have been a mention in the press and also she would have been credited.

Neither of those two things are necessarily true if it was a genuine secret cameo.

But it didn't sound like her anyway.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the next series isn't a straight continuation its going to be different story, different town different characters.

that's assuming it gets picked up for another season because i don't think its been renewed yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Um, no, that would be too corny. :D

Does anything think Malvo got too cocky in the end? He could have killed
    Lester in Vegas, but he decided to slowly hunt him down by going back to
    Fargo, thus giving Lester a chance to fight back and also alerting the cops
    to his presence. If he'd just plugged Lester in the lift he'd probably have
    got away.
    I don't know what or why but he seemed to have a soft spot for Lester. He only decided to kill him after Lester hit him on the head with his award.

Before that he was happy to have Lester help him dispose of the bodies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    Neither of those two things are necessarily true if it was a genuine secret cameo.

But it didn't sound like her anyway.

If it was her there was no way on earth they would have kept it secret. They would have milked it for all its worth in promos and on social media.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just remembered one of the nice quirks Fargo had.

In most programmes the say "Previously on <whatever>"

In Fargo it's "Precedently on Fargo" :D
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or "Erstwhile on Fargo"
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or 'erstwhile'. :)
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got mixed feelings about the last episode.I thought Malvo was killed too easy.I was expecting him to go out in some blaze of glory but when it happened i found it to be such a let down.

I was a fan of Lester for most of the series.However that changed with the 2nd last episode when he just sat there & let his wife be killed.So i was happy to see him get his comeuppance in the last episode.:D

Overall i really enjoyed the series.I liked the characters & It was nice to see Martin Freeman play the type of character that we aren't use to seeing him play.I thought Billy Bob Thornton was great.I've never bothered much with him as an actor but after seeing him in this i will be checking out some of his films.
  • Options
    The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    I was a fan of Lester for most of the series.However that changed with the 2nd last episode when he just sat there & let his wife be killed.So i was happy to see him get his comeuppance in the last episode.:D

Did you watch the preceding eight episodes? The bits where he killed his wife, framed his brother.....