Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    She did really well. She's conserving her voice too which is great. And she's got some great stage presence too.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    She sounded great, but the bob needs to go
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the BOB
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the bob.

I did think she sounded quite hoarse at quite a few points in that performance though.
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way TBG is getting more tv promo slots than HOH is actually embarrassing if you think about it. Loose women then lorraine now sunday brunch.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off to see The Bodyguard in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait. Will post a long, detailed review, song by song. If anyone is looking to go and wants cheaper tickets, then don't get get them through the official Bodyguard website. I got two tickets right at the front for £100. If you get them from the official site it's £167.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone has posted the full West End Live set of The Bodyguard from the weekend on You Tube. So Emotional, Run To You and I Wanna Dance With Somebody were performed. I wasn't that impressed. It wasn't that Alex didn't sound good, because she did. It's just that all of the others shows ahd their cast perform wearing the ocstumes from the shows, whereas the acst from The Bodyguard just all came out wearing balck t-shirts with 'The Bodyguard' on the front...it just looked a bit rubbish. Also, you could tell Alex was holding back. I suppose she had another show to do though on the Saturday so had to.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I'm off to see The Bodyguard in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait. Will post a long, detailed review, song by song. If anyone is looking to go and wants cheaper tickets, then don't get get them through the official Bodyguard website. I got two tickets right at the front for £100. If you get them from the official site it's £167.

Thanks for that! I plan to get some early next month.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Someone has posted the full West End Live set of The Bodyguard from the weekend on You Tube. So Emotional, Run To You and I Wanna Dance With Somebody were performed. I wasn't that impressed. It wasn't that Alex didn't sound good, because she did. It's just that all of the others shows ahd their cast perform wearing the ocstumes from the shows, whereas the acst from The Bodyguard just all came out wearing balck t-shirts with 'The Bodyguard' on the front...it just looked a bit rubbish. Also, you could tell Alex was holding back. I suppose she had another show to do though on the Saturday so had to.

No she was ill on Saturday, she said after 2nd show sorry for not coming out, she didn't feel well enough.

but I get what you mean about the black t-shirts, obviously not in Alex's control and by the sounds of it BG went down a treat at that event, everyone was talking about BG after cos of Alex.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I miss a TV performance? :(
  • Options
    shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: oops wrong thread!

I really want to see The Bodyguard though, it's nice that Alex is being appreciated a bit more!
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Something nice about Alex in TheBodyguard :)
    http://sosogay.co.uk/2014/alexandra-burke-takes-bodyguard/
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It pisses me off that alex said earlier this morning that she was about to release music when this bodyguard stint came up and she just had to take it. :(
  • Options
    perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    It pisses me off that alex said earlier this morning that she was about to release music when this bodyguard stint came up and she just had to take it. :(

It's not shit at all, have you seen the recognition she gets?
    After her success with TBG I don't believe in low-profile producers or messing around on her music field. Although it's still unknown when we will hear something new, I'm confident tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did she say that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    paulbax wrote: »
    Where did she say that?

She was on Loraine this morning, so I guess there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was on Loraine this morning, so I guess there?
    Yeah I just seen she was there by googling her name...Yet another appearance that Alex tells us nothing about until she's in the studio. Gotta love how informed she keeps us these days!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    paulbax wrote: »
    Yeah I just seen she was there by googling her name...Yet another appearance that Alex tells us nothing about until she's in the studio. Gotta love how informed she keeps us these days!
    Uhm. We should obviously be checking her twitter every 5 minutes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uhm. We should obviously be checking her twitter every 5 minutes
    I know right, I didn't look at her twitter for a few hours while I was sleeping and also the fact that I don't follow her around...I'm such a second rate fan!
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    She said 'what's coming after the bodyguard is very exciting and she can't wait for it'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you guys seen the overwhelmingly positive comments on the DM article about her appearance on Lorraine?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2671970/Alexandra-Burke-wears-outfit-two-days-row-Lorraine-appearance.html

TBG has definitely done wonders for her reputation and image, just what she needed :D.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That DM article is so stupid. Do they not realise that Alex more than likely pre-recorded her appearance on Lorraine, and that in fact, she wore the same outfit because it was the same day. :blush:

I'll believe it when I see it about what she said following TB. How many times has she been "excited to start promoting in the US" or "excited for you all to hear what I've been working on" only for it to not happen.

I guess at least with TB under her belt, she has an escape route if her music career fails again, she has gained a lot of popularity from doing the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ugh the hair makes her look so old...
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I really trust her now... She will give us this music, maybe it won't be US at first, but she's on fire in UK (kinda...) so that would be a good move to release album there, and there re-release it in US, maybe deluxe edition or sth...
    Let's just hope that the material is more Shine and NMY than WDHG ;X
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree about her releasing in the UK. The Bodyguard has helped change a lot of people's opinions of her and it's been amazing and she definitely made the right choice in deciding to do it. However, that's not necessarily going to translate into music sales. She needs to go over to the U.S now and get some sort of credibility and success and then release in the UK. I don't get the big obsession with releasing in the UK anyway. There's countries with bigger music markets than the UK and countries that would treat her better than the UK. I wouldn't be bothered if she never released anything in the UK again. We'd still be able to download and buy her music anyway. That's just my view/opinion though.