Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    I don't know how Liverpool can go about handling their player and managing a very delicate situation when he's 8000 miles away and, incredibly, being treated like a national hero by the Uruguayan public. Montevideo airport mobbed by adoring, chanting fans and apparently one of them was the country's President.

Really quite difficult for Liverpool to get their message across that he's been an idiot again and he needs to get to grips with his problem.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my eyes Saurez needs all the support he needs, he obviously has a problem, but he needs help.

Even if he is banned from the matches, he should be allowed to train, play games behind closed doors. Cause, once the 4 months are up, he will have to get match fit again, you're talking 4/6 weeks.

I'm not trying to condone him, but there are players, who have landed up in prison, and have had less talk about them.

Those players have returned to football
  • Options
    snukrsnukr Posts: 19,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suarez's lawyer will not only be meeting with Liverpool's lawyer in Barcelona, they will also be speaking with his agent, so it looks like Barcelona are still interested, but want to know where they stand.
    There were claims before the incident that Suarez had already decided to sign for Barcelona and maybe now he's even more determined to go through with it.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    Suarez's lawyer will not only be meeting with Liverpool's lawyer in Barcelona, he will also be meeting Barcelona's lawyer and his agent will be present, so it looks like Barcelona are still interested, but want to know where they stand.
    There were claims before the incident that Suarez had already decided to sign for Barcelona and maybe now he's even more determined to go through with it.

Barcelona have to show the colour of their money. I think they are hoping that Liverpool wash there hands with Suarez and sell him cheaply but I don't see it happening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a lot of fans feel grieved about is not the fact he received a ban. He certainly should receive a punishment.

But the fact that Liverpool are getting more punished than Uruguay when the club had been helping Suarez so much that he probably played the best football in his career last season without the "red mist"/incident. They have had doctors monitoring Suarez. Yet Uruguay knowing his temperament had none of this it seems.

I am not saying he shouldn't receive match bans for club and country. But the majority of his games missed are with the club.

Perhaps Liverpool should sue Uruguay for not looking after Suarez wellbeing as he works for his club who pay his wages not Uruguay. When the ban is lifted Liverpool (if still a player for the club) could turn around and ban him from playing for his country.
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not trying to condone him, but there are players, who have landed up in prison, and have had less talk about them.

The problem with your argument though is that being put in prison would be the punishment for what those players did. as is Suaerz's ban. Were those players in prison allowed to train daily, play games behind closed doors so they could be match fit when released, etc? No. so why should Suarez?

I find all this talk of trying to appeal and get bans over turned strange. the guy bit someone, for the third time in his career, on the pitch and he and other people want to lessen his punishment because , well, "it's unfair on liverpool" etc...

It's not the first time, it's not the second time, it's the third time he's done this exact thing. Does he need counselling? clearly he does.

But just because he has problems doesnt mean the incident can go unpunished.

And quite frankly I think he is very lucky he only got a fourth month ban.
    Squibbles wrote: »
    I am not saying he shouldn't receive match bans for club and country. But the majority of his games missed are with the club.

Because he is being punished for his actions. So he misses games he coudl play in.

If Liverpool are agreived they should sue Suarez, not the Uruguaian FA.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will have to hope Rickie Lambert andSaniel Sturridge, can immediately bond, as a partnership.

On Lambert, Until the Suarez incident wasn't his signing rather strange, as in if Suarez and Sturridge had been fit, Lambert would have only been in a bit take player, which would diminish any England hopes
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His grandma could have chosen her words a bit more wisely. Expressing her outrage saying 'they chucked him out of there like a dog'...
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frost wrote: »
    The problem with your argument though is that being put in prison would be the punishment for what those players did. as is Suaerz's ban. Were those players in prison allowed to train daily, play games behind closed doors so they could be match fit when released, etc? No. so why should Suarez?

Ummm yes, can you give one sentence report that says they wern't allowed to train or take part in football related activities. Most prisions have football teams, I've actually played against one in my youth and they still play no more than a few miles from me.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chiellini says the 4 month ban is excessive.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sure he can be trained on his own property? does seem extra harsh to try ruin his fitness too.
  • Options
    MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone seriously needs to challenge FIFA on this.

How is the biggest loser not Liverpool when Suarez will miss more Liverpool games than International games and probably be paid his wages in some form too!

When he attempted to bite Ivanovic did the FA ban him from Internationals, no, so why do FIFA have the right to hit his employers harder than his country that he was playing for at the time?

Liverpool should pull all its players out of future internationals citing fear of future bans effecting the club as the reason, in fact all clubs should. ......just joking of course

Actually F FIFA, just play him anyway, it's out of their jurisdiction :p ;-)
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malbren wrote: »

How is the biggest loser not Liverpool when Suarez will miss more Liverpool games than International games and probably be paid his wages in some form too!

When he attempted to bit Ivanovic did teh FA ban him from Internationals, no, so why do FIFA have the right to hit his employers harder than his country that he was playing for at the time?

Liverpool should pull all its players out of future internationals citing fear of future bans effecting the club as the reason, in fact all clubs should. ......just joking of course

Liverpool are a big loser in this but it's Suarez's responsibility, not FIFA's.
  • Options
    TangoTango Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twitter going nuts on Adam Lallana

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
    Adam Lallana's proposed £25m move to #LFC could be completed as early as today. Clubs in advanced talks

John Percy ‏@John__Percy
    Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana set to complete £25m move to #lfc. Talks now at advanced stage, could even be completed today.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like a done deal, wonder where that leave Shaqiri (apart from playing a world cup in Brazil?)

25m is still a bit steep but equally not the 30 million Soton were clearly hoping for.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Malbren wrote: »

When he attempted to bite Ivanovic did the FA ban him from Internationals, no, so why do FIFA have the right to hit his employers harder than his country that he was playing for at the time?

Actually F FIFA, just play him anyway, it's out of their jurisdiction :p ;-)

You see I think with that, the English FA is for England only, FIFA is Global, they have more power than the English FA

Suarez Commited his act not just for Uruguay but also on the World Stage of Football, hence the world wide ban
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    There would seem to be a good deal of truth in the Adam Lallana story. I think we're still over-paying, but not over-paying that much it's ridiculous. I get the feeling Koeman may have told Southampton he doesn't want unhappy players around and just get the deals done to give him time and money to bring in his own squad.

I wonder if we'll go for Lovren as well now they're out the World Cup?
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Lallana was one of my favourite players last season. I will be very happy if he signs for Liverpool and i believe he would thrive at our club.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »
    Adam Lallana was one of my favourite players last season. I will be very happy if he signs for Liverpool and i believe he would thrive at our club.

He was certainly quality

And Quality is what we need to add, I'm not bothered if we pay slightly over the odds for him, if the deal gets done, then we've added Quality, I'll be happy
  • Options
    TangoTango Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    There would seem to be a good deal of truth in the Adam Lallana story. I think we're still over-paying, but not over-paying that much it's ridiculous. I get the feeling Koeman may have told Southampton he doesn't want unhappy players around and just get the deals done to give him time and money to bring in his own squad.

I wonder if we'll go for Lovren as well now they're out the World Cup?

I think any player who has a blinding season is 20million+

Same as for world cup, have the best 4 weeks you ever played and you now the hottest property!

Diouf and Diao :(
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will have to hope Rickie Lambert andSaniel Sturridge, can immediately bond, as a partnership.

On Lambert, Until the Suarez incident wasn't his signing rather strange, as in if Suarez and Sturridge had been fit, Lambert would have only been in a bit take player, which would diminish any England hopes

I believe liverpool will sign another striker to deal with the loss
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The international players union have said the punishment directly infringes his right to work and unlike the FA no where does it say he has to attend any treatment sessions to help with his behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Lallana think he has a lot of potential. Not sure about the money paid out.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squibbles wrote: »
    I like Lallana think he has a lot of potential. Not sure about the money paid out.

Luke Shaw off to Man Utd for £30m. Both players overpriced but I think you've got the player who will make the biggest impact for his new club.
This discussion has been closed.