Options

Why are you no religious and why don't some of you beieve in God and Jesus?

Comments

• Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he answers prayers and he created the universe what else created the universe and Adam and Eve ect?

All you're doing is is falling back on God as an answer to everything you don't understand.

It's called the God of the Gaps theory.
  • Options
    GayAtheistGayAtheist Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I know that God (Heavenly Father ) answers prayers and that is by the holy ghost if we get a warm feeling then the answer is yes and if we don't get a warm feeling then it mean no or it might just mean we won't get answer straight away. My mum and dad prayed for my brother to come back to Church and he came back and went on a Mission and he was 24 when he went on a mission and 23 when he said he was coming back to church

With all due respect, you say that your "god" answers prayers without any real verifiable evidence. Surely your "god" will give you more than a warm feeling if "he" had bothered to answer your prayers? Many of us get warm feelings at random times, not due to prayer, but perhaps remembering past times, meeting friends and family, things like that. I don't know why you equate such feelings to prayers answered. Would you care to expand on your answer?
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    Praying doesn't achieve anything.

It does
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    I understand why people are religious.

I understand why people are atheist.

I will never understand why people give a flying f*** what other people believe in.
    LOL @ the bib. It's kind of what makes the world go round. What makes people different and interesting. Look at the different cultures outside that of our own. Or closer to home, look at the differing views on politics, sexuality, etc.

Where would we be without good ol' DS eh? :D:cool::cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GayAtheist wrote: »
    With all due respect, you say that your "god" answers prayers without any real verifiable evidence. Surely your "god" will give you more than a warm feeling if "he" had bothered to answer your prayers? Many of us get warm feelings at random times, not due to prayer, but perhaps remembering past times, meeting friends and family, things like that. I don't know why you equate such feelings to prayers answered. Would you care to expand on your answer?

The warm feeling is the holy ghost/spirit and he does answer prayers I know that he does
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does

Where's your proof?
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    It does

All those people who pray for a sick relative to get better who then dies must be doing it wrong then I suppose. Where do you think they are going wrong?

I prayed twice in my life and things got worse. If God exists (and I don't think the he does as he has been pictured by our religions) he's not on my side, I reckon.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    The warm feeling is the holy ghost/spirit and he does answer prayers I know that he does

So if you had a family member ill in hospital and you prayed for them to get better and they died, what would you think then?

Edit posted the same time as jim!
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Male missionaries get a p day, females get a v day.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He doesn't. I know that he doesn't.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does

What differences have you seen since you started praying which shows that God is answering/listening to your prayers?
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a warm feeling once. I thought it was trapped wind but it turned out to be god.

Praise be to Jesus :)
  • Options
    TheDevil666TheDevil666 Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prayed for England to win the World Cup!

Dammit, why didn't it happen?!
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Is mormon girl the girl obsessed with eastenders?
    I noticed she watches rather a lot of what i term 'trash tv'!! :o

I'm possibly one of the few who saw just ten minutes of Eastender tripe when it first aired, and never watched any of it since. Hearing folk talk about it at work every day was bad enough!
  • Options
    Forum Member

What happens if two mormons pray for the opposite thing? Which one does god listen to?
  • Options
    realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of you are confusing the power of prayer with asking God to do exactly what you want. Your ways are not God's ways. Every prayer gets answered, but sometimes that answer is 'no'. I say this as someone who has experienced family tragedy, and is experiencing a difficult family period at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    OP, I don't think you should have created this thread. If people choose not to believe in God then it doesn't matter as it's their choice and their life. It doesn't matter if someone believes in God or not either - that is completely irrelevant.
    I believe in God and I don't ask people if they believe in God or try to force my religion onto them (Not saying you did that, just making a point) as it's none of my business.
    If people on here want to call us every name under the sun i.e. deluded, mental, seeing things, imagining things, we should do better with our lives etc. that's their choice and I personally couldn't care less what anyone thinks of me whether I believe or trust in God or not as that is not what defines a person.

GayAtheist wrote: »
    Which says a lot then. No point crying about it.

Lol. Of course they are not [/sarcasm]

Okay, whatever. Fair enough.
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    I understand why people are religious.

I understand why people are atheist.

I will never understand why people give a flying f*** what other people believe in.
    This.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's your proof?

By praying and listening to church music and watching church films and reading church magazines and receiving the warm feeling from the holy ghost/spirit. I really hope all of you give religion a chance one day maybe that will happen when the second coming happens and Jesus returns and I hope and pray that all of you become religious one day and I will pray if I want to its my choice to pray for all of you just like I pray for my friends who I went to School with and my cousins and aunty and uncle's and everyone else I know to join the Church I go to and just like I pray for my sister and brother to come back to Church I pray every night and day and sometimes the answer is no but it doesn't mean it won't happen
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    I understand why. It's because religious people have been taught to proselytize and recruit other people to their religion so their interested in what people believe in so they know whether they are a potential convert.

Some religious people do this - other religions do not evangelise at all.
  • Options
    LardnessLardness Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's your proof?

Again, the faithful deluded can't prove anything, hence the word 'faith'.

But that's enough for them.

Nothing will change their minds.....if their God had said that someone could rise from the dead, they'd believe it......

Oh, wait a mo...

It's good fun baiting them, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    realwales wrote: »
    I think some of you are confusing the power of prayer with asking God to do exactly what you want. Your ways are not God's ways. Every prayer gets answered, but sometimes that answer is 'no'. I say this as someone who has experienced family tragedy, and is experiencing a difficult family period at the moment.

How can you differentiate between a "no" and an "ignored"?
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People who are suffering in extreme poverty, misery, sexual abuse, hunger, etc.. pray to God but it makes no difference. Are you saying their prayers are not God's ways. If they aren't then what is?
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prayed for England to win the World Cup!

Dammit, why didn't it happen?!

Probably because you kept bothering him while he was trying to watch the game. Keep the prayers for beforehand and half-time.
  • Options
    GayAtheistGayAtheist Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you keep claiming. How do you explain such a feeling of those of us who don't subscribe to your cult? (Especially where we get such a feeling outside of praying?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How does every prayer get answered? Do you not see how blatantly preposterous that is?
This discussion has been closed.