Options

Why are you no religious and why don't some of you beieve in God and Jesus?

Comments

• Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what's the reason Mormon's aren't allowed to drink tea? Someones question to this wasn't answered.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Lol, exactly what I said, accusations of bullying because people are (quite rightly) finding fault!
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was once friends with a Mormon before he became a Mormon. Afterwards, just like Mormon Girl, the answer to every question came as if it was read from a script. There is something seriously disturbing going on with this sect and I choose to remain firmly distanced from them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    Very true, and if you're an atheist and wrong you're screwed, but if you're an atheist and right, no one will ever know;-)

That is a ridiculous statement. Just because people are atheists des not make them bad people. If there is a judgement day and there is person a) who has been kind and helpful to people but did not believe in religion/god and then person b) who is religious and abused their power, who is going to heaven?
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just stop ganging up on me please :(:cry:

Oh dear Mormon Girl, until you started preaching with the whole "He is coming back soon" malarkey, you were doing so well. I have no problem with people that choose to follow any religion or faith, as it is their choice. However the moment they start preaching about his return or start repeating verses from that fairytale, that is what really boils my pi$$, as you have been a member on these forums for quite awhile, you must know that you would be ganged up on by starting the thread.

If people want to learn about religion then they should go to a place of worship & not have it rammed down their throats in the streets by some nutjob standing on a box, or offering out leaflets on good news or some other bollox. End of the day is that everyone that dictates religion to me and say where I am going wrong in life, will be mocked, in a dry wit humour that they would surely find offensive, but that doesn't really bother me as they offended me by spouting their rubbish in a public place.

It isn't just religious people I mock when it comes to preaching, the same goes for people like PETA, Chuggers including rich celebrities most often musicians that should stick to making music instead of asking people to donate money abroad to countries that don't understand the use of contraception, or to give up eating meat. All of these that do a form of preaching shall be mocked.

In short and I don't mean this in a nasty threatening way, but don't preach unless you have actual evidence that what you say is the truth & remember that just because you want to spread about religion, it doesn't mean that it will be welcomed with open arms.

I have seen enough stories over the years that include

A woman being denied an abortion over some tool in the hospital that claimed she was in a Catholic country and that abortion wasn't possible, this led to her death.

HIV sufferers die after being told to give up their medication in favour of using prayer to heal

This is just a couple of many cases where people have died as a result of religion. Then of course there is all the natural disasters where people have died, some of which in countries where they do nothing but pray the majority of the day, yet the grand almighty is nowhere to be found and thousands have died.

I for one will never take religion seriously, even if I am threatened with my soul being in limbo or some crap when I eventually snuff it. Life is for living & not to be wasted by giving it to an invisible source.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I don't want to drink alcohol, tea and coffee. I like to drink Water, fruit juice, smoothies, diet coke and other fizzy drinks ect and slim fast

You realise fizzy drinks can be worse for you than the odd cup of tea, right?
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You realise fizzy drinks can be worse for you than the odd cup of tea, right?

Well drinking the Kool-Aid did not do the followers of another cult much good did it? ;-)
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to drink alcohol, tea and coffee. I like to drink Water, fruit juice, smoothies, diet coke and other fizzy drinks ect and slim fast

I don't see any difference between coffee and diet-coke.

They both contain caffeine. Diet-coke also contains aspartame, which whilst is perfectly safe by any reasonable definition is more 'dodgy' than the caffeine in the sense it's completely artificial.

As somebody above has pointed out, carbonated drinks will do things like your teeth more damage than tea or coffee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You did this thread before. It was deleted. Rightly so.

You think you are so superior. I'm an atheist but taught in sunday school for some years until I realised it was bollocks.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edit: Nevermind. I'm going to get into this discussion for the 100th time.
  • Options
    realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It never ceases to amaze me just how self-righteous and full of hatred so many atheists are.........and THEY claim religion causes problems in this world.

Not all atheists, I hasten to add, but quite a few on DS are like that.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    It never ceases to amaze me just how self-righteous and full of hatred so many atheists are.........and THEY claim religion causes problems in this world.

Are they?

A few harsh words on a forum are not quite the same as mass murder, suicide bombings, misogyny, homophobia, torturing and burning people alive, child marriage, racism and the rest of the 'delights' that organised religion has given the human race over the millennia.

But that's just me.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that's just me.

Nope, not "just me" at all.....

As for MG coming the victim, tough. They came on the forum trying to "understand" why a huge percentage of the civilised world has turned its back on religion, but she didn't like the answer so cried "bully".
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member

Weasel words.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did exist I know for a fact they did

Keeping on repeating that they existed doesn't make it true. You're more likely referring to Beetlejuice :D:D

Posted whilst drinking my delicious morning cup of tea.
  • Options
    DonmackDonmack Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a remarkably stupid thing to say.

Where are the atheists blowing up buildings or strapping bombs to themselves? Where are the atheists forcing children to marry old men, or women to enslave themselves to men? Where are the atheists shooting abortion doctors or hanging gays?

I am a very intolerant atheist - and I am proud of my intolerance. Because you know what.....I find everything these antiquated and obscene religions stand for intolerable.

Religion IS the biggest cause of hatred and unrest in the world.....read a flipping newspaper if this has escaped your notice.

Blaming anything on atheists who are merely pointing out the fatuous nonsense these belief systems peddle is stunningly inane.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As can God through His creation, the world around you, and can be heard through the teachings of the Bible.....

Quick nurse, medication needed..... I've found another one :o
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is proof all Church members get the same feeling and that is millions of people in the world so explain that?

Oh come on a feeling isn't proof.
    IImagine a cop saying he has a feeling someone did a crime. Exactly. NOT PROOF. IT'S BOLLOX, YOU ARE BEING BRAINWASHED.
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how people can some on here and try and force their beliefs down other people's throats, but some people are acting as if it's the people who are questioning and challenging those people who are in the wrong. I'm not sure exactly how questioning someone and pointing out flaws in their argument makes them "intolerant" or "full of hatred". Maybe the deeply religious people don't want to hear their beliefs questioned, but it doesn't mean there's anything wrong in doing so- and you're not being ganged up on! If you want to spout your beliefs unchallenged, then a public forum is hardly the right place!
  • Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem with people who hold religious beliefs, as long as.

A.they don't try to impose or harp on about it 24/7

B. have a crazy look in their eyes.

If someone follows a religion , they are usually quite helpful if you have a question.
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Nope, not "just me" at all.....

As for MG coming the victim, tough. They came on the forum trying to "understand" why a huge percentage of the civilised world has turned its back on religion, but she didn't like the answer so cried "bully".
    :blush::kitty:
    The problem for MG is a) that shes brainwashed and b) she's autistic, therefore she fnds it difficult to understand abstract concepts or other people's thoughts and motivations.
    I don't think she's asking these questions in order to upset other people or to feel superior to them.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donmack wrote: »
    Blaming anything on atheists who are merely pointing out the fatuous nonsense these belief systems peddle is stunningly inane.
    Partly it's due to the dumbed down world we seem to live in. People are encouraged to be lazy and group people into 'with or us' or 'against us'. This means that simply failing to agree with someone makes them suspicious. Daring to openly disagree puts you firmly (in their eyes) into the 'against us' camp.

The idea that opinions and feelings can occupy a wide spectrum is beyond a lot of people these days. And you can really confuse some people by agreeing with some of what they say and disagreeing with other bits.

Tolerance should not mean 'never disagrees with us'. It means 'Allows us to express our opinions and live our lives the way we want'. So I think people who believe in God are wrong but I'm very tolerant because I'd defend their right to continue to do so. I wonder if any of them would defend my right to have nothing to do with religion?
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to tell people about my Church without people having a go at me and questioning me by saying Im wrong and by saying Im brainwashed
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to tell people about my Church without people having a go at me and questioning me by saying Im wrong and by saying Im brainwashed
    I think it depends how far you are prepared to take the debate. If I say I'm an atheist and not interested you then have a choice:

* Accept that and change the subject.
    * Continue to discuss the subject.

By doing the latter you are inviting me to express my opinion and to debate the issue. I think it's unfair and unreasonable of you not to allow me to express my view point and question you. Don't forget - you started this thread and you started it in General Discussion. You obviously feel strongly about your religion. Consider that some of us feel equally strongly about our atheism. Then consider that you are trying to get us to change the way we live. You are ultimately trying to restrict us from doing things we like to do.

Given the age of your account and number of posts you should have been able to predict that you would receive some robust and even rude responses.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WE can drink caffeine I drink Diet coke and eat chocolate and that has caffeine in iys just tea and coffee we can't have because in the old days they drank them really hot and its not good for the belly.

No good for me than, I drink lots of coffee, never be able to give that up,

As for your question, because none of it makes sense, the bible contradict itself. If there was a god and it was good god, then if they had the power we are led to believe it would not allow the stuff to happen that does happen.

Two many nutters fighting because they think we should believe in what they believe in, granted that is mostly one religious group, again if there was a god, would it not contact us and try to stop the fighting?
    There are other reasons as well.
This discussion has been closed.