Options

Price of McDonalds

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    "Lunching" at McDonalds? Haha, that just sounds as wrong as "Dining" at KFC.

McD's Assistant: "Can I take your order please"?
    Customer: "What, before we've seen the wine list"?

There you go Ronald, if you're reading, there's a new line for you! Wine!

"McChardonnay.... I'm lovin' it"!!

(I apologise to all DS Forum users. Mark has officially lost the plot)!

A girl I knew at uni was bragging on Valentines day that her boyfriend was taking her out for a meal. When I asked where it turned out it was KFC. She was such a bragger so I had to have a little giggle.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    I would just love to see someone walk into McDonalds and ask for the wine list :D

Years and years ago my friend was staying at a hotel in Tangier-not a cheap place either! Te first night in the restaurant they asked for the wine list. The waiter looked puzzled then his eyes lit up and he said,' We have red, we have white and we have rosé!'

:o
    :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Debrajoan wrote: »
    You're coming from abroad to visit the UK and you're hoping to eat in McDonald's?
    Where do you live, North Korea?
    I was quite miffed with my mates when we went to London a couple of years back.
    We past plenty of nice looking pubs and small restaurants and even had a walk through China town but they were adamant that we ate 'what we know' so on the first night we went to KFC and the second McD >:(
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in there today - & (I know this is irrelevant) but one person fell down the stairs with the McDonald's on the tray in their hand!! :D

Never mind the person, as long as the McDonald's is OK haha ^_^
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I was quite miffed with my mates when we went to London a couple of years back.
    We past plenty of nice looking pubs and small restaurants and even had a walk through China town but they were adamant that we ate 'what we know' so on the first night we went to KFC and the second McD >:(

Those two restaurants have spent years and millions (possibly billions) of dollars getting that name/logo recognition all over the world. They know how it works.:) They've accomplished their goal of normalizing their food and making people see it as a safe option, especially when traveling. I don't get to travel much, but the last place I'd go if I did go on holiday would be those places. Traveling should be about adventure and trying new things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Go to an independent take away. It might be a bit more expensive but the scran'll taste a lot nicer.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Those two restaurants have spent years and millions (possibly billions) of dollars getting that name/logo recognition all over the world. They know how it works.:) They've accomplished their goal of normalizing their food and making people see it as a safe option, especially when traveling. I don't get to travel much, but the last place I'd go if I did go on holiday would be those places. Traveling should be about adventure and trying new things.
    We're only 250 miles away. It's not like we're from the other side of the world and haven't experienced British food before.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    I was in there today - & (I know this is irrelevant) but one person fell down the stairs with the McDonald's on the tray in their hand!! :D

Never mind the person, as long as the McDonald's is OK haha ^_^

LMFAO :D

You can tell it was the UK...in the US, 5 other people would have sat on the floor beside them pretending they'd slipped too ;)
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »

LMFAO :D

You can tell it was the UK...in the US, 5 other people would have sat on the floor beside them pretending they'd slipped too ;)

And the fact me & my friends were sat on the table that was under the stairs so we heard it first haha ^_^
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    And the fact me & my friends were sat on the table that was under the stairs so we heard it first haha ^_^
    You know when I said I love Maccy Dees?

I don't fooking love it that much :D
  • Options
    mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually there are 3 price bands depending on the location. In cities and upper class areas they charge more than in low income areas and middle income areas
  • Options
    g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Printable Burger King vouchers valid until Sunday

http://burgerking.co.uk/uploads/home/bk_vouchers_may.pdf
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kid Velo wrote: »
    I'd strongly recommend steering well clear of McDonald's and going to Burger King instead.

Burger King are more expensive unless you do the meal of the day.

So I have been told.
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hardly something you need to plan for?! I don't think 'oh tomorrow I am venturing on an escapade to the shops and must decipher a restaurant to dine for luncheon.' I eat when I'm hungry. Unless it's a purposeful meeting for a meal etc, I don't get the obsession with food and some people being on schedule or regimented towards meal times. I eat when I want food, thus I'm not fat. Just go in to the McDonald's and choose what you want :S or nip into a Tesco or somewhere an get a sandwich or meal deal of you're trying to save cash. Just tell them to make sure they've got a fiver on them for dinner, and they can eat what they want. Are you doing anything exciting or just going to McDonald's? I'd sooner go to a pub and have a pub lunch outside in a lovely sunny beer garden with a vodka and coke to be honest :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has nobody been on a day trip or a week long trip with a "fussy" eater? If the fussy eater eats Mac D then for the sake of sanity you go to Mac D for lunch. It saves so much whinging and everyone else just scoffs their chosen meal and makes sure they go "somewhere nice" for dinner

A Big Mac Meal may cost a fiver here but work out cheaper elsewhere in Europe. The OP may need this info so the members of his party can budget.

For many people having a budget of a fiver a day per person for food is way out their reach and is the ultimate luxury .

There is no need to be snide or demeaning to the OP about his or her budget. They have came here asking for proper advice. Side swipes about the choice of eating venue don't help
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has nobody been on a day trip or a week long trip with a "fussy" eater? If the fussy eater eats Mac D then for the sake of sanity you go to Mac D for lunch. It saves so much whinging and everyone else just scoffs their chosen meal and makes sure they go "somewhere nice" for dinner

A Big Mac Meal may cost a fiver here but work out cheaper elsewhere in Europe. The OP may need this info so the members of his party can budget.

For many people having a budget of a fiver a day per person for food is way out their reach and is the ultimate luxury .

There is no need to be snide or demeaning to the OP about his or her budget. They have came here asking for proper advice. Side swipes about the choice of eating venue don't help

True. Although to be awfully and annoyingly pedantic, an awful lot of fussy eaters wouldn't eat in McDonald's. :)
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A medium burger, fries and drink meal is definitely under £5. A happy meal is/was £2.39 last time I noticed but this might have changed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hardly something you need to plan for?! I don't think 'oh tomorrow I am venturing on an escapade to the shops and must decipher a restaurant to dine for luncheon.' I eat when I'm hungry. Unless it's a purposeful meeting for a meal etc, I don't get the obsession with food and some people being on schedule or regimented towards meal times. I eat when I want food, thus I'm not fat. Just go in to the McDonald's and choose what you want :S or nip into a Tesco or somewhere an get a sandwich or meal deal of you're trying to save cash. Just tell them to make sure they've got a fiver on them for dinner, and they can eat what they want. Are you doing anything exciting or just going to McDonald's? I'd sooner go to a pub and have a pub lunch outside in a lovely sunny beer garden with a vodka and coke to be honest :D

It´s a trip for which we need to provide exact expenses in advance in order to get the funding. Therefore, unfortunately, we do have to be regimental in our planning. I could go into more detail, but I am sure everyone has more interesting things to read!

In my personal life I do not tend to eat McDonalds and agree with all of those who have suggested other options, and I used to live in Oxford so I do know many great restaurants, etc. there. However, on this occasion, it´s McDonald´s.

Thanks everyone for helping out with prices, etc. xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apology accepted, but thanks for the belly laughs you truly are quite witty. Was also my train of thought but couldn't articulate it as smoothly as this. Nice. :D
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,992
    Forum Member
    mseven1 wrote: »
    Usually there are 3 price bands depending on the location. In cities and upper class areas they charge more than in low income areas and middle income areas

How many McDonalds are there in 'upper class areas'?
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,992
    Forum Member

Well done to you. How dare someone live their life differently.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    Go to an independent take away. It might be a bit more expensive but the scran'll taste a lot nicer.

I don't know where the OP will be coming from, but if it is abroad, they'll have to google scran!
    I only understood it from an old Auf Wiedersehen Pet episode.
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apology accepted, but thanks for the belly laughs you truly are quite witty. Was also my train of thought but couldn't articulate it as smoothly as this. Nice. :D

Well thank you. :)
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member

you haven't lost the plot - this post is amazing
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many McDonalds are there in 'upper class areas'?

There's one in Hampstead. I know because I've "lunched" there.

It wasn't very busy though, probably due to lack of wine list.