Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perrie has an incredible voice! Just saying! Really, her singing on Turn Your Face is simply stunning! :)
  • Options
    itsstephitssteph Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    DreC wrote: »
    They were in the studio with Nathan Duvall today the guy who produced Move and another guy J Hart he's a songwriter https://twitter.com/IAmDuvall/status/484451372579164162

J Hart! That's exciting. He wrote Take You (one of Justin Bieber's best songs, imho) and for Jason Derulo as well. The girls are in good company.

Also, echoing the Red Planet comments. I understand why it wasn't a DNA single (demographic of their fans, etc. etc.) but it's such a great song.

I actually think DNA had more potential singles than Salute
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Going Nowhere' was horrible.

Yes. Not being acquainted with the history of the Aloud, I cant understand why people go crazy for her.

The Salute video is over 15 million views now.
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Not being acquainted with the history of the Aloud, I cant understand why people go crazy for her.

Totally agree about that. The songs she's written have been ok, nothing mind blowing like they're made out to be.

Also, I don't know if this has already been posted but 'Salute' (the single) has sold 101k and 'Salute' (the album) is on 253k.
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They Just Don't Know You is actually one of my faves overall from the Salute album, I love when Perrie comes for her bits and also love all of Jade's adlibs, I don't care for See Me Now (I like the idea of the lyrics and everything but it's just blah to me) and never been a fan of Going Nowhere (they do it well acoustically though, but never liked the studio version.)

Wow never knew Salute (single) had sold over 100K already, anyone know what this stacks up to compared to their other singles after this period of release? (except the lead singles from the albums)
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    they just don't know you>>>>>>>>>>>, seriously, top 3 songs of the album... ad-libs also>>>>, jade's vocals... everythings right on that song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    everything about that song is perfect. The beat, the vocals, the adlibs, absolutely everything is perfection.........all I want is a live rendition of They Just Don't Know You, but I guess it will never be....just like Pretend It's Okay.

on another note, it kinda blows me away that Wings isn't even 2 years old yet...just saw the upload date on the video on youtube and for some reason thought they released it like 3 years ago but they've only been together that long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    Wow never knew Salute (single) had sold over 100K already, anyone know what this stacks up to compared to their other singles after this period of release? (except the lead singles from the albums)

Change Your Life is the leader of post album singles with over 135k (old update) and the others closely follow. I hope Salute can exceed that.

DNA blows all of them out of the water with 252k or so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://instagram.com/p/p9RBfZuGZO/

This was just posted in Instagram. I had no idea that was jesy at the end of salute.

Dang. All this time I thought it was Cottone.
    This isn't relevant at all but I've always thought pre-throat op Perrie had a really great voice for country. Any time I watch their I Will Wait Live Lounge, I'm struck by it.

That's funny that you say that, because to me her voice sounds like a white Southern gospel singer around 30 years old.

Hey!

JHart
    @JHartMusic
    Multi-platinum selling, award winning, British-American songwriter. Everything else about me is boring.

Los Angeles, London, Nashville

Who is he again? And dont tell me to Google. He looks like Hugh Grant.
    http://instagram.com/p/p9ZINYH4uM/
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I'd rather an amazing and cohesive album (like Salute) over an album of singles. I want more Nicola tracks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JHart
    @JHartMusic
    Multi-platinum selling, award winning, British-American songwriter. Everything else about me is boring.

Los Angeles, London, Nashville

Who is he again? And dont tell me to Google. He looks like Hugh Grant.
    http://instagram.com/p/p9ZINYH4uM/

So his Soundcloud says: "Singer/Songwriter James “JHart” Abrahart has been active in the music industry for over 4 years. He has worked with/had releases with some of the biggest names in music including Justin Bieber, David Guetta, Jason Derulo, Trey Songz, Olly Murs, Cee-Lo, Timeflies, Flo-Rida, Wynter Gordon, Wretch 32, and many more. Notably, JHart wrote and featured on “Surrender” with one of the biggest Dance music DJ’s in the world, Paul Oakenfold, a worldwide Club hit that charted at number 3 on the Billboard Club Play Charts. He also scored an iTunes #1 in the UK, writing for Angel and Wretch 32 on “Go in, Go Hard” and "Time After Time." He has had two singles with R&B artist Trey Songz "Never Again" and "Change Your Mind", and penned a pop hit for Timeflies called "All The Way." He also penned the title track to Jason Derulo's international #1 album "Tattoos." Recently he has been in the studio with Olly Murs and David Guetta working on their newest releases."

I still haven't heard of really though lol but it's always cool for them to try things with new people, and he is working with a solid team who do songs for little mix so very well so I don't think it could go too badly.
  • Options
    Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather an amazing and cohesive album (like Salute) over an album of singles. I want more Nicola tracks.

Yuck. Unless you liked those dreary ballads?

And See Me Now...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaynaJay wrote: »

I still haven't heard of really though lol but it's always cool for them to try things with new people, and he is working with a solid team who do songs for little mix so very well so I don't think it could go too badly.

He's a really good songwriter, he's written some of my favourite songs. I hope when song selection for the album comes around, his songs actually get chosen.

I wonder if the Jam and Lewis songs were shelved for financial reasons. Maybe they charged too much to have the songs featured on the Salute album.

I know T - Boz got a good check for Red Planet.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think of their writing collabs with former girl group members, Shaznay and T-Boz are miles better than anything they did with Nicola.

I hope Cottone steers them in this direction in the writing room.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...........................I hope Cottone steers them in this direction in the writing room.
    and I hope not :o.
    How would the girls' vocals fit into something like that????
    It would (imo) be a sell out to the current samey - samey rubbish in the charts right now...Bleccchh!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    and I hope not :o.
    How would the girls' vocals fit into something like that????
    It would (imo) be a sell out to the current samey - samey rubbish in the charts right now...Bleccchh!!

Well, obviously if Little Mix was dealing with it, I expect they'd bring their own flavour of tight harmonies and less dance/more RnB. I just like that it's a banger and lyrically reminds me of that one interview they did at Capital last year about boys grinding up on girls in a club without permission. In terms of more choral-sung bits with a few lines sung solo and a strong beat, it's not that different from Salute.

I think they could do a lot more with this kind of song than K-pop group, f(x), who've just released it, have. Mostly because Little Mix's vocals are so much stronger and varied.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think of their writing collabs with former girl group members, Shaznay and T-Boz are miles better than anything they did with Nicola.

I hope Cottone steers them in this direction in the writing room.

Nicola was in a girl group though. What I find interesting is that Nicola didn't do a tonne of writing on Girls Aloud albums, I guess mostly due to them having the Xenomania team handling them so well from Sweden. It's nice to see LM/Syco getting a good team in London to learn from, and now some US writers as well. Nicola must have given the LM girls some good advice about navigating the industry - aside from Sarah's substance issues Girls Aloud have emerged ten years later fairly unscathed.

Just listened to Red Planet. Good song, wouldn't have worked as well as DNA and How Ya Doin as a single.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just listened to Red Planet. Good song, wouldn't have worked as well as DNA and How Ya Doin as a single.

So wrong. If promoted with a banging video, that would have been a hit.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Melissa. wrote: »
    Yuck. Unless you liked those dreary ballads?

And See Me Now...

See Me Now is incredible aswell as TJDKY, theyre two of my fav LM songs ever and set the tone for the album even though they're just bonus tracks. I quite like Going Nowhere too but I don't really listen to the DNA album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melissa. wrote: »
    So wrong. If promoted with a banging video, that would have been a hit.

I can never tell with singles. But I definitely think a banging video and a slight remix to make it even grittier would've helped transition them along to a more mature audience than the double-blah (for me) of CYL/HYD. Throw in PIO or TYF as the big ballad of that era and I'd have been the happiest of campers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Xenomania team handling them so well from Sweden.

Girls Aloud have emerged ten years later fairly unscathed.

I thought Xenomania was British?? Also GA is always cited as being together 10 years but werent they inactive for 3 years?

Red Planet belonged on Salute.
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See Me Now is incredible aswell as TJDKY, theyre two of my fav LM songs ever and set the tone for the album even though they're just bonus tracks. I quite like Going Nowhere too but I don't really listen to the DNA album.

See Me Now is a High School Musical leftover. It belonged on the DNA album. I love TJDKY though.

Red Planet should defo have been on the Salute album. You can tell girls were scared of losing that core fanbase, they had instances which showed a mature side in both albums but they were too worried of going darker with it and kept those bubblegum pop sounds.

I hope they have a clear vision with the third album. I just feel it could be there best yet if they stick to a clear path.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Xenomania was British?? Also GA is always cited as being together 10 years but werent they inactive for 3 years?

Red Planet belonged on Salute.

Oh I got it wrong, Xenomania is British but Max Martin is Swedish. I think Max might have moved to the US but was very much in Stockholm in the GA years. A lot of Brit popstars take trips to Sweden (inc. 1D).

Girls Aloud were in the public eye for ten years (to varying degrees of fame). I'm sure if they toured solidly for ten years they'd be spent and I reckon they needed those long hiatuses. But just to come out with relatively normal lives (exc. Sarah) is a relief. Geri and I think Mel C from Spice Girls had some troubles when it was over. That's why I'm not keen for Little Mix to be a big international success all of a sudden, it takes its toll.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Studio progress according to Leigh's tweet https://twitter.com/LittleMix/status/484705677227864064
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your food packaging looks so different.
This discussion has been closed.