Options

How clean is your house?

Comments

• Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    Ours is spotless. We hoover every day and the kitchen and bathroom are cleaned daily.

Any kids about?
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    Any kids about?

No, but 2 cats. They get bleached too! :o

They don't really, for anyone now dialling the RSPCA.
  • Options
    Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a spotless house, it's amazing for about an hour after I've cleaned, then hubby and son enter the building, then it becomes a complete shithole. Often thought of leaving the housework to see how far they would let it go, but I'm afraid of what the end result would be, as hubby seems totally blind to the pool of tea he leaves on the side when making a cuppa, and the sugar that he is also blind to. They love to leave empty loo rolls on the toilet window sill, couldn't possibly put a new roll in the holder, why would they when it's perfectly fine sat on the FLOOR!! >:(>:(
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clean(ish) but messy as no decent storage space. Also lots of cat hair, as soon as I've vacuumed its back!
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    My house is for living in, not for looking at, I'm perfectly happy with the way it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    My house is for living in, not for looking at, I'm perfectly happy with the way it is.

It's a shithole then! :D
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but 2 cats. They get bleached too! :o

They don't really, for anyone now dialling the RSPCA.

*puts the phone back down* :p:D

My flat is fairly clean, not spotless but clean. I do a hoover, polish, dust down about twice a week as only me here, i wash up as and when needed.
  • Options
    livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not very clean but not exactly dirty. Most surfaces are filled with clean laundry, uni paperwork and other clutter. I don't ever iron but the most basic things such as cat litter trays, food leftovers and dirty clothing get cleaned up so the place isn't smelly.
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ultra clean thanks to Ivanda our lovely Latvian cleaning lady.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    It's a shithole then! :D

If you say so....but then again I could say you're sitting there in piss-stained pants surrounded by pizza boxes and empty bottles of white lightening, who's to say who's telling the truth eh? :p:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    If you say so....but then again I could say you're sitting there in piss-stained pants surrounded by pizza boxes and empty bottles of white lightening, who's to say who's telling the truth eh? :p:cool:

Bloody spy cameras!!! :blush:
  • Options
    1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks mostly clean on the surface but its rarely tidy.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mrs has a cleaning OCD, so its constantly like a show home.

I have non-cleaning OCD :blush:but a daughter-in-law with cleaning OCD :)so we get on brilliantly. I pay her a bit of treat money or for her shopping and she revels in cleaning/ tidying my house once a week. She even likes mowing. What a result!
    I've upset her a couple of times by having it tidy when she arrives.... but she always finds something to scrub or windows to wash.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Clean generally .....unless you go into the skirting boards, windows scuff marks on paintwork kind of thing. Chore I hate hoovering
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    I have non-cleaning OCD :blush:but a daughter-in-law with cleaning OCD :)so we get on brilliantly. I pay her a bit of treat money or for her shopping and she revels in cleaning/ tidying my house once a week. She even likes mowing. What a result!
    I've upset her a couple of times by having it tidy when she arrives.... but she always finds something to scrub or windows to wash.

Haha :D that sounds like me! I am a messy bugger (although I don't pay the wife to clean!)
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha :D that sounds like me! I am a messy bugger (although I don't pay the wife to clean!)

She would do it even without the money - I have trouble getting her to accept, which is why I jump in and pay for shopping every now and again. If she and my son ever split up... it's her I'm keeping!:D
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,309
    Forum Member
    If I'm honest it's a bit of a shithole really. I hate housework.
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as clean as I would like. Recently moved in and I don't think the place has seen a paintbrush or new carpet in years. I decluttered the living room at the weekend. It looks empty. :o Big room so with only the sofa and coffee table it looks incomplete.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We both work full time and have two young (school age) children. I wouldn't let a dog live in it. If my dishwasher broke I'd sell one of the kids to replace it. I hate housework and use those kitchen/bathroom wipes to clean everything :D
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just make sure you put things away after you. There's nothing worse than washing and ironing for someone and cleaning their skidmarks off the toilet, clearing their dishes away, changing bed sheets for their bed etc then they walk in and leave random crap lying around with no intention of ever picking it up.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    Its bad for society and bad for personal mental health to think your house should be spick and span at all times in case someone comes round

Worst chore is bloody ironing...its a conspiracy by misogynists to not have invented fabrics thatneed no ironing at all, ever

:D

With housework. just do what bothers you and leave the rest for another day....someone on this forum gave me a tip once...leave it tidier /cleaner everywhere you go before leaving....instead of having a long list of stuff to do

made sense to me...but dont forget the unseen gremlins ie skirting board dust/dirt piling up

I agree with the BIB. I dust and put large floor duster round (all wood floors here) every day only takes a few moment, windows inside I clean about every six weeks I do like a clean house.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty grubby and cluttered, but the things I feel are important (lav, sinks, bath and worktops) are always clean. I can't stand dirty cookers, so the hob is always clean and dirty dishes are in the dishwasher.

I hate dusting and it really makes me cough and sneeze (dust allergy), so it's dusty, and we have a huge problem with cobwebs. I can de-cobweb twice a day and stillthey reappear. We must have the nation's most industrious spiders, if only they could build homes we could solve the housing crisis.

Mr Lakie is a bugger though, he can't put his clothes in the laundry basket and leaves trails of crud everywhere he goes. He's great cook, but I could do a 3-course meal for 10 people and make less than he does doing scrambled eggs.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    Ultra clean thanks to Ivanda our lovely Latvian cleaning lady.

"No no no.. Mr superman not home...."
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our place is relatively clean?

We work FT so are out most of the week but certain things are done daily - washing up, wipe down of surfaces, food waste thrown out, beds made, dirty laundry in laundry bin,

We have a blitz once a week - dusting / bathroom /toilet / kitchen / floors / change beds

We hoover every other day.

It's not the biggest place so looks messy easily [a few toys can make it look like a bomb site] but is also easy to make it look tidy again [toys go in the toy box]
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I don't really get to see the mess until the weekend as my weekdays are usually spent just coming home to study and sleep after work.

My share of the housework is dishes, laundry and generally putting thing away/ in their place and the bedroom/ kitchen is my room to tidy, Hoover and wipe down. The OH does the hoovering elsewhere and the mopping and keeps the front room, bathroom and balcony clean. We take it in turns to bathe the dog.

I try to keep on top of it but it doesn't really get my full attention until the weekend.