Options

EastEnders - everyone agree Aleks is a great character?

james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wasn't sure on him at first but now he might be my favourite male character. I also think him and Roxy are so good together and have genuine chemistry.

Comments

• Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely. One of the very few genuinely charismatic, self-assured male characters on the show now that David has left - the other two being Mick and Charlie (when he's actually in it.)

He's actually got a touch of the Steve Owen about him, IMO.
  • Options
    Rich_WilsonRich_Wilson Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I'm not personally a fan of his and cant warm to him but that's just my opinion!!

I am happy however that they are actually using one of the newer characters rather than pointlessly introducing him to the show, to do nothing i.e Donna the market worker, Les & Pam Corker.......
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I agree! When he first joined I did that 'judge a character before they have even had a chance thing' and disliked him pretty much straight away but he sure has grown on me and now I think he is brilliant. Like you, I would say he is probably one of my favourite male characters now too.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep he is great. I also love his relationship with Roxy. Funny as I also wasn't sure when he first joined. Just goes to show some characters do need a little time to settle in.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I didn't like him at the beginning but now he's very interesting. Great work DTC and the actor!
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best characters DTC has introduced. Much better than the awful Donna Yates.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. He counteracts that awful Tosh, who I still cannot warm to at all. I wonder if he'll seek revenge, for all we know he's already made up his mind on who to target for blabbing to Roxy. And I still maintain that he could have been involved in Lucy's murder.
  • Options
    cloudy80cloudy80 Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    very good looking too
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I'm still in two minds about Aleks, I wasn't keen on him at first because he seems to be a bit shifty but I think he genuinely likes Roxy but there's something going on back home and I did feel sorry for him last night because I don't feel that Roxy gave him chance to explain properly I know she was angry but it might not be how it seems and she put laxative in his meal which I didn't think was fair!

But yes, he is a great character and very deep!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love him. I liked him even in his first episode though. He's funny even though he can be mean. I love his duo with Tamwar when they are working.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    One thing that amuses me about him is that you only have to watch and listen to him for two minutes and you immediately know he can't be trusted, is totally ungenuine, only cares about himself, is totally ruthless. Two minutes it takes. Yet Roxy goes all weak at the knees when he tells her that she might be the one. He's never met the right woman ..... until now.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    very interesting but how long will Aleks stay in the show?
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,280
    Forum Member
    I luv him :D luv his accent as well.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love Alecks. I think he's great. Him and Roxy are excellent together. It's such a shame he's married because I don't think TPTB realised how well that couple would go down with the public.
  • Options
    *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're all seeing something I am apparently blind to.

I can't take the character seriously - everything about him seems like a joke to me. I think it's a shame when they could have cast a really interesting Eastern European character.

I'll keep my mind open I guess.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I think he's great. They should kill off his wife and bring in his daughter. Give Roxy a family at long last.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest along with danny dyer hes one of the reasons to watch the show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope EE know what they have with him - he's so watchable, and played by a fantastic actor. Yet he's not written as a main character at all. He needs to be given more to do.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked him from the start. Glad he is being given more to do lately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's awesome, love every scene he is in.
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Not keen
    I find him and Roxy dull, they don't work IMO
    They're just a very...grey couple, Roxy deserves better
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want to be in that bathroom after last night I can tell you.
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Definitely. One of the very few genuinely charismatic, self-assured male characters on the show now that David has left - the other two being Mick and Charlie (when he's actually in it.)

He's actually got a touch of the Steve Owen about him, IMO.
    You are joking with Charlie right? He's had about 20 minutes of screen time overall and he barely speaks
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I agree! When he first joined I did that 'judge a character before they have even had a chance thing' and disliked him pretty much straight away but he sure has grown on me and now I think he is brilliant. Like you, I would say he is probably one of my favourite male characters now too.

Me too. I disliked him at first but since he got together with Roxy he has grown on me.

I hope he had nothing to do with Lucy's murder now and at one stage I was convinced he did it.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him because they've made him interesting, a character with some depth. I'm sure I'd like Charlie, Pam, and Les as well but they've been extras since their introduction. It's my only big criticism of Eastenders lately, the pacing is way off IMO.