Options

** DOMINION Season 1 (US-Pace) ~ Syfy June 19th **

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who else is pumped for this?? Legion was awesome
:cool:

Dominion is an upcoming American apocalyptic supernatural action television series created by Vaun Wilmott. It is based on the 2010 film Legion, written by Peter Schink and Scott Stewart. The series will premiere on the American cable television network Syfy on June 19, 2014

Comments

• Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I think there might just be some potential here, will be interesting also to see this shows version of Raphael and (no doubt at a later stage) Lucifer.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starts tonight in the US.

Stars Anthony Head and Alan Dale (wonder how long he will last?).

If it is anything like the film Legion then it should be good. Just hope the TV budget doesn't limit it.
  • Options
    jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    just finished watching it and I could hardly recognize Anthony Heads voice.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talky stuff in the intro that's then duplicated by the story-telling scene later on <- that's poor script writing there, right ?!
    btw: the x-Home and Away guy has gone from being the Chosen One in Kings to the Chosen One here. :)
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    why does this thread title have **** CAPITAL LETTERS *** ?
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved the movie despite poor reviews.

Are we likely to get an old creepy lady running along the ceiling and long limbed ice-cream man?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we likely to get an old creepy lady running along the ceiling and long limbed ice-cream man?
    ep1 gave us a Mr Whippy. :p

btw: for all those warnings before and during the show about "please be aware, the following contains a bunch of really REALLY extreme stuff, violence, nudity and swearing and other vile malarki, so you've been warned" (ish), well this ep kinda left me feeling "so where was the hard stuff then chaps ? >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ep1 gave us a Mr Whippy. :p

btw: for all those warnings before and during the show about "please be aware, the following contains a bunch of really REALLY extreme stuff, violence, nudity and swearing and other vile malarki, so you've been warned" (ish), well this ep kinda left me feeling "so where was the hard stuff then chaps ? >:(

Hopefully the warnings won't be in the webdl version.

It wasn't a bad start, almost as good as the film with some good FX.

Just not sure I am interested in the idea of Angels fighting like they are really evil, and are not that magical.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting awful reviews left, right and centre.

This one has to be my favourite because it's fan-bloody-tastic! :D

The Hollywood Reporter:
    Syfy's latest drama, Dominion, may be one of the dumbest, worst-acted, most poorly written series I've seen in ages. In no way should this encourage you to tune in hoping to rubberneck this bit of awfulness in hopes of creating some kind of new drinking game. Life's too short. And you will choke on your own vomit and die alone. Don't be a hero.

Brilliant! :D
    btw: the x-Home and Away guy has gone from being the Chosen One in Kings to the Chosen One here. :)

Don't forget you've also got in this Giles from Buffy, Jim Robinson from Neighbours and Louise from Hollyoaks! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I'm ok with admitting whenever I see Ian Dale in a series I give a little :yes: and a :yarboosucks: at all the neh-sayers who poopooed his chance of a career in Hollywood when he left Neighbours those many-many moons ago.

A big reason why I didn't like the pilot was they gave us soooo darn much all in one big dollop. Too much information, too many people, too big'a world. I remember Definance opening up with just the Guy and the Daughter, not doing too well but making the best of their situation, so you could feel for them and root for them too. Then when they got to Defiance we were introduced to the people a couple at a time. Here I'm just not connecting with anyone, where the wow-factor ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ I'm ok with admitting whenever I see Ian Dale in a series I give a little :yes: and a :yarboosucks: at all the neh-sayers who poopooed his chance of a career in Hollywood when he left Neighbours those many-many moons ago.

A big reason why I didn't like the pilot was they gave us soooo darn much all in one big dollop. Too much information, too many people, too big'a world. I remember Definance opening up with just the Guy and the Daughter, not doing too well but making the best of their situation, so you could feel for them and root for them too. Then when they got to Defiance we were introduced to the people a couple at a time. Here I'm just not connecting with anyone, where the wow-factor ?
    Don't you mean 'Alan Dale'?
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it, wasn't that bad.

I was thinking how could that William have been raised by such a tyrannical father in Mr. Head and be all hope and faith and dopey, then the last scene and oh!

Why watch the closest to him if he was the one that saved him and protected him? It means someone else doesn't it?

I have instantly become attached to Michael by the way, will continue to watch just for him. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you mean 'Alan Dale'?
    :blush:
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Hmm... so the lore here differed from the Legion Film slightly; in the film it was stated that God sent the Angels to wipe out humanity, whereas with the TV show it is claimed that God left and Gabriel took it upon himself to wipe out Humanity.

As much potential as this show had, I can't honestly see it getting a second series. It's far too political for starters, and in the fallout of 25 years (and an extermination) cities were fortified with anti Angel weaponry and there was a hierarchy put in place.

We've also got Michael apparently having orgies ... yeah, okay. Completely plausible. We've also got a group of veteran Angels that are dressed up in tacky red armour and red, armoured wings. Can't say I was overly impressed with some of the fight (and flight) scenes either, they just had that cheap feel about them. And then we've Jeep; a main character in the film who meets his end in episode #1. What's the bet that somewhere, his mother is also alive?

Like said, it had potential as a series, but (as far as I'm concerned) fell flat on the pilot.

Rosalind Halstead though. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Hmm... so the lore here differed from the Legion Film slightly; in the film it was stated that God sent the Angels to wipe out humanity, whereas with the TV show it is claimed that God left and Gabriel took it upon himself to wipe out Humanity.

As much potential as this show had, I can't honestly see it getting a second series. It's far too political for starters, and in the fallout of 25 years (and an extermination) cities were fortified with anti Angel weaponry and there was a hierarchy put in place.

We've also got Michael apparently having orgies ... yeah, okay. Completely plausible. We've also got a group of veteran Angels that are dressed up in tacky red armour and red, armoured wings. Can't say I was overly impressed with some of the fight (and flight) scenes either, they just had that cheap feel about them. And then we've Jeep; a main character in the film who meets his end in episode #1. What's the bet that somewhere, his mother is also alive?

Like said, it had potential as a series, but (as far as I'm concerned) fell flat on the pilot.

Rosalind Halstead though. ;-)
    I would say that is a good review of what is wrong with the show.

If the reality of religion was ever like that then I'd be glad God was dead. What sort of God would create Angels like the ones in this show?

Definitely not one that is Omnipotent.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Talky stuff in the intro that's then duplicated by the story-telling scene later on <- that's poor script writing there, right ?!
    . :)

That was the first thing I thought too
  • Options
    scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :blush:

Its OK, I always call him Jim.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    This one has to be my favourite because it's fan-bloody-tastic! :D

He's entitled to his opinion. But the bloke sounds like some kind of Christian fundamentalist to me.

Dominion has potential, at least for a series. There are far worse ideas out there, and far better. Usually it's the better one's that get cancelled, Almost Human being the current example.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it, but I love this apocalyptic style stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scott789s wrote: »
    Its OK, I always call him Jim.
    :D being a Pushing Daisies fan Jim Dale is always the first Dale that spring to mind.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    :D being a Pushing Daisies fan Jim Dale is always the first Dale that spring to mind.

I often call him Jim as that was his name in neighbours when I used to watch it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    I often call him Jim as that was his name in neighbours when I used to watch it :D
    oh I getcha :facepalmself: :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh I getcha :facepalmself: :blush:

Jim Dale is a completely different person. ;)
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actually liked this, loads of characters, situation is interesting ..... actually has a similar type of story to one of mine (angels and stuff) .....

considering i've not seen LEGION which it's based on, and thought I FRANKENSTEIN was a load of trash, gave it a go and enjoyed it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopes for the next ep.

Michael: "hey guys, just thought you'd like to know, Angel wings are BULLET PROOF. So shooting at the wings is POINTLESS. You are just wasting bullets and once you're out you're gonna get sliced up. Wait for them to be lower THEN fire."

Everyone Else: "Thank you Michael for FINALLY telling us. You'da thought we'da discovered this most important fact, I don't know, about 5seconds into the HUGE GLOBALWIDE WAR we had those few years back, but I guess we didn't. At least we know it know and can spread the word so it won't happen in ANY FUTURE EPISODES EVER AGAIN"

Michael: "okidoki chaps, now go about your business, it's orgy time and I'm gonna get me freak on with me beeetches, ahh yeahhhh"