Options

I think Helen's Free Pass...

griffin5779griffin5779 Posts: 958
Forum Member
✭✭
Is the worse BB twist ever. It Ends any chance of the public having a say on her till the end, means she has no need to get along with others, and i think has the effect of having most of the house lick her ass cause they know if they piss her off she could voting against them every week till the final. It is totally outside the spirit of the game.

and Jale being up every week is the second worst twist ever.

Comments

• Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree I think it's been very damaging for Helen, and given Jale an unfair advantage.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swap Jale & Helen around
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a shit idea but it is what it is, and there's no point in reversing it now. She never asked to be given it.
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She shouldn't be allowed to nominate.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    swap Jale & Helen around

Why? Then you hand the unfair advantage to someone else.
  • Options
    AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the worse BB twist ever. It Ends any chance of the public having a say on her till the end, means she has no need to get along with others, and i think has the effect of having most of the house lick her ass cause they know if they piss her off she could voting against them every week till the final. It is totally outside the spirit of the game.

and Jale being up every week is the second worst twist ever.

If it was the other way round, I guarantee that you would of said it's the best twist ever.

Plus, nothing is worst than that dreadful Halfway House, in BB8.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a shit idea but it is what it is, and there's no point in reversing it now. She never asked to be given it.

That is how i see it.
  • Options
    What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hellen would be going nowhere even if she wasn't aboard the 'Golden Barge'.

Bad cop on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Good edits for the next four days whilst BB savages any individual of their choosing.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The worst twist was John's free pass in BB:CH because he won.

Helen won't win.
  • Options
    Rufus KnightsRufus Knights Posts: 3,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It never was Helen's free pass. It was simply a free pass which could have been given to anyone. The OP is upset because someone they don't like was awarded it. I'm sure if it was one of your favourites you would have no problems with.

Helen was awarded that free pass fair and square. Time for people to accept it and move on.

I think most are now seeing a nicer side to Helen. Opinion has definitely swung more in her favour over the last couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    The worst twist was John's free pass in BB:CH because he won.

Helen won't win.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

But even if common sense does win the day and she doesn't win she will be in the final, we have to put up with her ugly mug right the way through the show...that isn't right.
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    It never was Helen's free pass. It was simply a free pass which could have been given to anyone. The OP is upset because someone they don't like was awarded it. I'm sure if it was one of your favourites you would have no problems with.

If that HM was an ok person then im sure we could (like her or not) deal with it...but Helen is just killing the mood and enjoyment of that house, it's not just that the OP doesn't like her it's that she is killing this show.
  • Options
    strato222strato222 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .....means she has no need to get along with others...
    It also means she has less need to get into conflict with others, yet she's the centre of all the conflict.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Or maybe it's a genius twist that has revealed to us the true personality of a person when they feel they are safe? Maybe this is the closest we've ever been on big brother to seeing someones actual personality and not a modified version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was the other way round, I guarantee that you would of said it's the best twist ever.

Plus, nothing is worst than that dreadful Halfway House, in BB8.

The other way round? If Jale had a free pass? Both twists suck and go against the spirit of the game.
    Frankly i don't care what housemate had a free pass i'd think they were given an unfair position and i'd be inclined to judge them more harshly for their actions. Being upset that you didn't get invited to a party is childish and petty and in a fair game can get you nominated and out the house.....Being upset when you are sitting there with a free pass to the final...well that makes you a major ass with some kinda twisted sense of entitlement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that HM was an ok person then im sure we could (like her or not) deal with it...but Helen is just killing the mood and enjoyment of that house, it's not just that the OP doesn't like her it's that she is killing this show.

That simply isn't true. Helen gets on with most people in that house. The only people creating a negative atmosphere are Ashleigh and Danielle (moreso Ashleigh who hates near enough everyone) who have ostracised themselves from the group because they seem to think they are better than everyone else. Fortunately one of them will probably go next week. Will be interesting to see how the other copes.
  • Options
    AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Helen was awarded that free pass fair and square. Time for people to accept it and move on.

I think most are now seeing a nicer side to Helen. Opinion has definitely swung more in her favour over the last couple of week.

I couldn't agree more.
    The thing is with most people on the forum, when it's a housemate they hate, they attack them no matter what, yet when it's a housemate they like, they accept and move on.

I 1000% agree if Chris had got the pass, most people would be saying it was the best twist ever.

Also, if it was Helen who said the things Chris said about Jale, last night. I guarantee there would of been a thread of abuse towards Helen.

I'm not taking sides, but I dislike it when people attack, because they don't get their own way. It's just a TV Show.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe it's a genius twist that has revealed to us the true personality of a person when they feel they are safe? Maybe this is the closest we've ever been on big brother to seeing someones actual personality and not a modified version.

You have a good point but it is still very damaging to Helen, she obviously needs constraints to be able to be nicer (BB warnings) and that is not good IMO
  • Options
    strato222strato222 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....I think most are now seeing a nicer side to Helen.
    They're seeing the same Helen who has only toned it down to avoid being removed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more.
    The thing is with most people on the forum, when it's a housemate they hate, they attack them no matter what, yet when it's a housemate they like, they accept and move on.

I 1000% agree if Chris had got the pass, most people would be saying it was the best twist ever.

Also, if it was Helen who said the things Chris said about Jale, last night. I guarantee there would of been a thread of abuse towards Helen.

I'm not taking sides, but I dislike it when people attack, because they don't get their own way. It's just a TV Show.

Finally some common sense. I've also noticed many forum members turn a blind eye to Ashleigh's numerous hate campaigns, with the latest being against Jale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think most are now seeing a nicer side to Helen. Opinion has definitely swung more in her favour over the last couple of weeks.

as i said..i'd be upset at anyone getting a freepass...and there is nothing fair about give a free pass when the the person dishing it out doesn't know any one.

you say if it was someone i like...i say who ever got the free pass would have had to work 10 times harder to have me like them. as for you...given your attitude..i bet you would think it was a terrible idea if it was a person you dislike.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    strato222 wrote: »
    They're seeing the same Helen who has only toned it down to avoid being removed.

No, they are seeing the real Helen. The Helen who gets on with most people 99% of the time. A lot of people seem to cherry pick depending on their agenda. They will only focus on the negative which represents a tiny minority of Helen's time in the house.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    I agree I think it's been very damaging for Helen, and given Jale an unfair advantage.

How do you work that out?

Jale is up every week... :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

what is the point when you can't do anything about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as i said..i'd be upset at anyone getting a freepass...and there is nothing fair about give a free pass when the the person dishing it out doesn't know any one.

you say if it was someone i like...i say who ever got the free pass would have had to work 10 times harder to have me like them. as for you...given your attitude..i bet you would think it was a terrible idea if it was a person you dislike.

Who said anything about fairness?

This is Big Brother. The show which allowed Conor to walk away with the same amount of money as that year's winner Luke A.

I love all of these twists. I loved the Conor twist and I love this twist. The more controversial the better. It gets people talking.