Options

Marlon......just an ignorant immature boy, but not really malicious?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    A part of me feels sorry for marlon, I think his ego is a big front and really he's quite insecure, I really disliked Toya for belittling him the way she did
    I can't say I like him a lot but I think he's more likeable than how he comes across when he's acting tough or whatever
  • Options
    Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a weak man. Weak men can be dangerous but usually they're just crowd following pussies.
  • Options
    adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunnydays wrote: »
    He doesn't really bother me, one way or the other........I think he just craves female attention like most young men of his age....... just goes about it in an unsophisticated way.......;-)

What age? Apparently he's 30. He lied about being 22.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    I know. It's the bigging up of himself when really he's feeling vulnerable, is what a lot of viewers may take for sheer arrogance. He's really a very immature, but essentially non-malicious boy at heart.

Boy? He's 30
  • Options
    SCOUSE-DUDESCOUSE-DUDE Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real shame that he's looking likely to go IMO, I don't think Toya's poison helped him either because a lot of people in that house are weak minded individuals who believed the nonsense she was talking about Marlon. It would've been good to see him away from the other boys but that's how BB have edited it.
  • Options
    hunkydoryhunkydory Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't stand the whole ladz thing and the hands down the pants and giving it all the sex talk.

I've witnessed this with most of the 'ladz' this series.

However, is Marlon really a bad person? Or just an immature boy with a lot of growing up to do? Is he really a malicious, sly or manipulative game player looking for the main chance who would sell any of his friends over?

I actually think Winston is worse than he is. He put him up for eviction after all when Marlon thought he was his friend in the house....and yet Marlon forgave him and told him it was ok.

Toya totally ripped into him on a personal level in front of the whole house and you could see he was clearly hurt by it, but still trying to gain some front and dignity.

I just think it's a shame that he's going to be the one that everyone is prepared to sacrifice this week ahead of some others that I think are far more ruthless than he is.

no he's not malicious or a player but can't really call him a boy at 30
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    adwalton wrote: »
    Boy? He's 30

There's been a lot of debate about that and no proof either way.

In any event, he's still essentially the same immature boy that's never grown up or learned how to be other than trying to fit in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    I find his hand down his pants a lot of the time quite sickening (need a vomit emoticon)

It's because nobody else is likely to go there! And to think, in his VT, he said he could get any girl. Not one of the HMs has shown the slightest interest in him.
  • Options
    TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Like I mentioned on another thread, big brother always give favourable edits to their chosen ones, unfortunately it's rarely the black housemates. Some of them could have said a lot worse that wasn't shown. Marlon isn't worse than Winston or Ash for that matter imo.

But Winston and Ash are not up this week so cannot vote to evict them, so need to evict Marlon to lessen Helens grip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Real shame that he's looking likely to go IMO, I don't think Toya's poison helped him either because a lot of people in that house are weak minded individuals who believed the nonsense she was talking about Marlon. It would've been good to see him away from the other boys but that's how BB have edited it.

I think the whole problem is the skewed edits of him. Lately he gave up his place at the Christmas party. He has also been berated by Jale a few times and seemed contrite.

Even these very small snippets to me showed a decent guy willing to learn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TTTango wrote: »
    But Winston and Ash are not up this week so cannot vote to evict them, so need to evict Marlon to lessen Helens grip.

Why does it always come down to Helen's grip? Have you seen Helen having one to ones with Marlon? I don't even think she's aware of him other than being one of the lads....as does everyone else in the house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    There's been a lot of debate about that and no proof either way.

In any event, he's still essentially the same immature boy that's never grown up or learned how to be other than trying to fit in.

There's another Marlon from the group flawless. They both share the same first and last name. The other Marlon is 30, while bb Marlon is 22. The whole confusion was started by Pauline and was cleared up on another thread at the time. But some people just keep using it as an excuse to bash him.
  • Options
    Forum Member

He didn't lie. He is 22 years old.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Well, he's been brought up amongst nearly all women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's another Marlon from the group flawless. They both share the same first and last name. The other Marlon is 30, while bb Marlon is 22. The whole confusion was started by Pauline and was cleared up on another thread at the time. But some people just keep using it as an excuse to bash him.
    He didn't lie. He is 22 years old.

I agree. I think the fact that even the debate about his age is a bit malicious. Who started that rumour?
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    Well, he's been brought up amongst nearly all women.

Meaning?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he seems surplus to requirements. Less than human almost. Let's get him out because he's BB's cannon fodder. But for what? More ruthless people to be saved over him?

Giving him victim status is not helping your cause and nothing you say will change my mind. Only he can do that and that is very unlikely. He is not a nice man, and offers nothing in terms of entertainment. This is the reason most people would want him out of there. He's paint and he has dried....nothing to see here.
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    moleymo wrote: »
    A part of me feels sorry for marlon, I think his ego is a big front and really he's quite insecure, I really disliked Toya for belittling him the way she did
    I can't say I like him a lot but I think he's more likeable than how he comes across when he's acting tough or whatever

I couldn't really understand Toyas major problem with Marlon TBH. He doesn't seem any worse in the sexism stakes than Ash or Winston. I also think that he's not a bad person and that he's found himself out of his depth in there and Jale likes him so he can't be that bad .

That said I don't find him a particularly interesting housemate so yeah unless things change then I'd be happy for him to go next.

Perhaps he hasn't been given enough to do by BB- it's odd but it seems like all of the others have been given their moments to shine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Meaning?
    Meaning if you think someone should have taught him to be less ignorant and immature with regard to women, then that someone was apparently a bunch of women. You know, aunts and sisters and that. Apparently. That's what the phone-in family member said on BOTS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LochLion wrote: »
    Giving him victim status is not helping your cause and nothing you say will change my mind. Only he can do that and that is very unlikely. He is not a nice man, and offers nothing in terms of entertainment. This is the reason most people would want him out of there. He's paint and he's dried....nothing to see here.

Very harsh.

BB have deemed him cannon fodder, not you or I.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LochLion wrote: »
    Giving him victim status is not helping your cause and nothing you say will change my mind. Only he can do that and that is very unlikely. He is not a nice man, and offers nothing in terms of entertainment. This is the reason most people would want him out of there. He's paint and he's dried....nothing to see here.

I disagree. I happen to think he is a nice guy. If Marlon is a paint, then he isn't the only dry paint in that house imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very harsh.

BB have deemed him cannon fodder, not you or I.

I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    Meaning if you think someone should have taught him to be less ignorant and immature with regard to women, then that someone was apparently a bunch of women.

What do you think those women taught him?

I doubt any women on the planet would have taught him to be disrespectable to them.

That's why I don't believe he really disrespects women at all, but it came across that way with his ladz talk. Stuff that studs all talk about with each other to make themselves feel good.

Shame that BB have magnified this to Marlon looking like some sexist brute.
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about other hms who haven't done much in terms of raising a riot in the house? Chris (DR entries only), Kim (Stephen love interest.....yawn), and even Winston (without the sudden Danielle interest). He doesn't have a marked storyline, that's true, but he's no more boring than any of the ones that need a double up act to make them semi interesting. Or in Chris' case.....a new book to write. He might as well be a fly on the wall otherwise.

Well it wouldn't surprise me if his best mate, Winston, nominated him again to save himself if he's up. That's how much Winston rates himself and cares about his so-called mate in the house.

BIB it wouldn't surprise me either ,Marks comment to Winston tonight ,telling him to Stop as he's the one that's always saying something ,then Helen goes and runs with it -Thus Winston gets away with it ,but Helens always getting in trouble for stuff he's started ,Spoke Volumes to me ....I don't think Winstons as thick or innocent as he makes out but quite Sly and Manipulating in the things he does in there

As for Marlon while i don't think he's Malicious ,he is a bit of a shit-stirrer who always seems to run and repeat what someones said ,which has cultimated in a couple of big arguments happenening ,when really there's been no need for him to say anything
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive 2m

12.46am: Marlon told Helen that she's hard work and, as expected, Helen did not appreciate it. Game is going well #BBUKLive
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cah wrote: »
    BIB it wouldn't surprise me either ,Marks comment to Winston tonight ,telling him to Stop as he's the one that's always saying something ,then Helen goes and runs with it -Thus Winston gets away with it ,but Helens always getting in trouble for stuff he's started ,Spoke Volumes to me ....I don't think Winstons as thick or innocent as he makes out but quite Sly and Manipulating in the things he does in there

As for Marlon while i don't think he's Malicious ,he is a bit of a shit-stirrer who always seems to run and repeat what someones said ,which has cultimated in a couple of big arguments happenening ,when really there's been no need for him to say anything

I don't think Marlon is a shit-stirrer. It's a small house and it's quite easy to get in each others business. They all do it. In fact Mark was constantly getting involved in arguments that had nothing to do with him. Yet, he always comes out smelling of roses.