Options

Is this soap forum slightly boring lately?

Comments

• Options
    screammynamescreammyname Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I often read the soap forum but it does bore the shit out of me.

One of my main gripes with it is the amount of pointless eastenders threads on here.
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often read the soap forum but it does bore the shit out of me.

One of my main gripes with it is the amount of pointless eastenders threads on here.

Well why not start some threads that are not EE related... that way we can repossess the board...

#dsrevolution ;-)
  • Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    Theres not enough drama and fights anymore Contravorsy used to make this forum:D
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,822
    Forum Member
    I think it's fair to say that this forum isn't quite the enjoyable place that it used to be.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say that this forum isn't quite the enjoyable place that it used to be.
    Nope, not now we've lost Charley, one of our most loved fms again, it isn't.:(:(

Should there not be some sort of minimum number of alerts rule against someone before they are booted out, to the severe detriment of most of us? :cry:
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS has gone down hill, this time last year the forum was booming, even on the hottest days, it wasn't this dead! Where is everyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, the 566,853 Members they have is an overstatement, how many of these are actually banned members? ^_^

The forum will eventually die without members, They are banning people for anything these days!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Yes the Soap forum has become boring lately. Last year the forum would be very interesting and very lively but nowadays it seems to be full of threads about Eastenders (some duplicated) etc. I'm finding GD more interesting at the moment but I will continue to come here aswell.
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    Brookside wrote: »
    I have been on everyday since registering and have been on longer than 2 weeks. Don't try to stifle my opinion though indirect threats.

???????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't say I've noticed either way, but then I do tend to dip in & out, often only reading a few selected threads (especially when the footy is on).
    If it has gone downhill though, then that's down to the moderating I'm afraid, which won't be a popular viewpoint I'd imagine.

It has become rather overzealous, with certain people getting banned for farting on Tuesdays, whilst others can seemingly run amok should they wish.

If that unpopular view gets me a red card, then it's been both emotional and a right good laugh folks.

It's the great people on here that have kept me coming back, not the forum itself, something that needs to be remembered.
    This forum has, and has had, better characters than the soaps we talk about.
    Stifling unpopular opinion and punishing daring banter leads to a sterile forum that ultimately stimulates nobody.

:);-)
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People accept the t & c when they sign up but then they break them. That isn't to say that there arent some harsh bans but on the whole you get banned if you break the rules which we all know or should know. The forum isnt as much fun as it used to be but in my opinion its because there are too many supposed big name posters competing for the limelight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly. It's because Corrie is dull (rather than bad) at the moment, and EE is fine. When EE was appalling, it was a lot of fun to bitch about it. Perhaps we should have a thread where we try and pinpoint the absolute low of EE before its renaissance. And the moment when we knew it was going to be okay.
  • Options
    Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ish - I'm fed up of all the sex filled threads. I'm not a prude by any sense of the word, but it's boring to read all the threads/posts that are either 'SO AND SO SHOULD GET IT ON ONSCREEN!', 'SO AND SO IS A RAPIST/SHOULD TURN GAY/SHOULD POUNCE ON A RELATIVE!' or 'THIS PERSON IS FIT LOLZ! I WOULD SMASH HER BACK DOORS IN!'

I'm not saying that it should be stopped 100% (i mean, if it was - what would there to be said about Max Branning right now (!) ^_^) but it's like being in a 13 year old boys mind sometimes on here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Ish - I'm fed up of all the sex filled threads. I'm not a prude by any sense of the word, but it's boring to read all the threads/posts that are either 'SO AND SO SHOULD GET IT ON ONSCREEN!', 'SO AND SO IS A RAPIST/SHOULD TURN GAY/SHOULD POUNCE ON A RELATIVE!' or 'THIS PERSON IS FIT LOLZ! I WOULD SMASH HER BACK DOORS IN!'

I'm not saying that it should be stopped 100% (i mean, if it was - what would there to be said about Max Branning right now (!) ^_^) but it's like being in a 13 year old boys mind sometimes on here.

I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I disagree!
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Yes the Soap forum has become boring lately. Last year the forum would be very interesting and very lively but nowadays it seems to be full of threads about Eastenders (some duplicated) etc. I'm finding GD more interesting at the moment but I will continue to come here aswell.

General Discussion and politics can be very interesting but also full of trapdoors and mousetraps in terms of some posts.Tends not to dip in the summer so much at least not so far.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to find that threads are better with me in them, but I'm a modest kinda bloke so I don't shout about it too much.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    General Discussion and politics can be very interesting but also full of trapdoors and mousetraps in terms of some posts.Tends not to dip in the summer so much at least not so far.

Full of racist, batshit insane nutters you mean.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    I tend to find that threads are better without me in them.
    After the most minor of minor tweaks to your post, I totally agree. :cool:

:p
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I've noticed either way, but then I do tend to dip in & out, often only reading a few selected threads (especially when the footy is on).
    If it has gone downhill though, then that's down to the moderating I'm afraid, which won't be a popular viewpoint I'd imagine.

It has become rather overzealous, with certain people getting banned for farting on Tuesdays, whilst others can seemingly run amok should they wish.

If that unpopular view gets me a red card, then it's been both emotional and a right good laugh folks.

It's the great people on here that have kept me coming back, not the forum itself, something that needs to be remembered.
    This forum has, and has had, better characters than the soaps we talk about.
    Stifling unpopular opinion and punishing daring banter leads to a sterile forum that ultimately stimulates nobody.

:);-)
    People accept the t & c when they sign up but then they break them. That isn't to say that there arent some harsh bans but on the whole you get banned if you break the rules which we all know or should know. The forum isnt as much fun as it used to be but in my opinion its because there are too many supposed big name posters competing for the limelight.
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Full of racist, batshit insane nutters you mean.

Agreed.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to find that threads are better with me in them, but I'm a modest kinda bloke so I don't shout about it too much.

Can't argue with that! An upstanding member of the community.
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't argue with that! An upstanding member of the community.

It's much much much better now that I'm back... ;-)

Steady girls...
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hence all the pouring comments coming in lol!
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a little bit, yes.
  • Options
    EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been like that since the ds redesign, the grey background is depressing causing people to turn away.
    Preferred the old design, at least some colour...
This discussion has been closed.