Options

2014/15 Premier League TV Fixtures Thread

Comments

• Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevvy1986 wrote: »
    There's a difference between caring and getting worked up/ringing up the PL/Sky/BT/whoever else though. Has he had any reason to get worked up? No. Has he had any reason to ring the PL up? No.

He might 'care' and be impatient but he's, quite honestly, making himself look just a little bit silly getting worked up over it and deciding to ring the PL.

It's hardly important enough to ring someone about or get worked up over is it? Plus it's not like he's actually achieved anything by getting worked up.

Fact of the matter is they'll be out when they're out, and no matter what information people get, they're still going to have to wait anyway.

Yet you seem to be getting worked up about him getting "worked up" :confused:

Why are you even on the thread?
  • Options
    Gray77Gray77 Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. I'm fairly relaxed about the date, it'll happen when it happens and I'm not losing any sleep over it. But, I am interested so I check back on here quite regularly.

Everyone else who does the same is in the same boat. You don't check a TV Fixtures thread unless you care about when they are released. Some care more than others obviously, but we all have an interest.

Knocking those that go the extra length to get some info seems a bit counter-productive given that this thread lives or dies on rumours and anticipation of release dates.

Now, if Ryan starts ringing us all up at work complaining about the dates not being released then I will admit you all have a point! But moaning about it on a thread specifically designed to talk about the very subject seems fairly natural to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or stop pretending being a supporter and go and watch your local non league side who needs the money so much more than ur premier league side..

Did you even read the post you quoted :confused:

BTW supporters of PL teams are no less supporters than those of any other team.

I've never, ever got this morally superior argument.
  • Options
    xtradjxtradj Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im sure the premier league would be the first to know by sky and bt, so if they say hoping its today? either the person you spoke too has no idea, or they aren't even close to being ready

I read somewhere, think it was the sky forum, that an advisor gave him last years tv dates for this season, to which he went and bought travel for! oh dear
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,097
    Forum Member
    sat-ire wrote: »
    Yet you seem to be getting worked up about him getting "worked up" :confused:

Why are you even on the thread?

I can assure you I'm not getting worked up. If I was, I'd be saying something along the lines of "bleep bleep you sad bleep" or something similar (which I haven't). I merely fail to see the point in someone getting worked up over having to wait for some TV games to be announced.

As for why I'm on the thread, I'm interested in the selections (both in terms of who took first picks, and also the general selections), but I have no interest in someone moaning or getting worked up over having to wait for them. People are having to wait, prices might go up a bit, so be it, it's part of life, getting worked up over it won't make the announcement come any quicker. If someone is bored of waiting, quite honestly they may as well keep that to themselves rather than telling us they're bored of waiting or it's a joke etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't let him get to you, it doesn't take a genius to work out what alcohol and football fans could bring.

Sometimes I think he goes out for a reaction, I fell for it before, your opinions and contributions, not just to this thread, is always 100% appreciated.

are you dating him or something?

you've missed the point once again, I've not stated alcohol does not play a part whatsoever. I've said that regardless of the kick off time, trouble can occur at anytime, alcohol or not. mug
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I contacted the Arsenal webmaster last year because they claimed on their site that their last game of the season wouldn't be shown on Sky. They were trying to flog tickets to their own showing of the game at the Emirates, however the tv fixtures hadn't been released at this point so I challenged them. They subsequently modified the advert to remove the statement.

I don't even support Arsenal . . . . .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can assure you I'm not getting worked up. If I was, I'd be saying something along the lines of "bleep bleep you sad bleep" or something similar (which I haven't). I merely fail to see the point in someone getting worked up over having to wait for some TV games to be announced.

As for why I'm on the thread, I'm interested in the selections (both in terms of who took first picks, and also the general selections), but I have no interest in someone moaning or getting worked up over having to wait for them. People are having to wait, prices might go up a bit, so be it, it's part of life, getting worked up over it won't make the announcement come any quicker. If someone is bored of waiting, quite honestly they may as well keep that to themselves rather than telling us they're bored of waiting or it's a joke etc.

He didn't say bleep bleep anything either?.

You're taking time out to have a go at somebody looking for information relevant to this thread and to himself - the relevance of your posts attacking him are lost on me :)

If he needs the information ASAP (for any of the myriad of possible reasons listed by several members) then that is down to him and his lifestyle.

I don't see what you achieve by attacking him tbh and don't you think you should have a read of your own advice and keep that to yourself?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xtradj wrote: »
    are you dating him or something?

you've missed the point once again, I've not stated alcohol does not play a part whatsoever. I've said that regardless of the kick off time, trouble can occur at anytime, alcohol or not. mug

Spectacularly missing the point :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you visit various local sports reporter twitter pages this morning, the common theme is anger among those waiting for these games to be announced. its now even later than last year

Many now saying Wednesday 16th July

Great
  • Options
    coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you visit various local sports reporter twitter pages this morning, the common theme is anger among those waiting for these games to be announced. its now even later than last year

Great

lets hope so :) as it dont effect my team...
  • Options
    pjexpjex Posts: 9,423
    Forum Member

Great

That would make sense as exactly 1 calendar month before the season starts and a few days after the world cup final, so release of fixtures doesn't get overshadowed by the final.

1 month also gives people plenty of time to arrange travel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjex wrote: »
    That would make sense as exactly 1 calendar month before the season starts and a few days after the world cup final, so release of fixtures doesn't get overshadowed by the final.

1 month also gives people plenty of time to arrange travel.

too true, and that would mean it was a month since the fixtures came out too... happy days to all Premership supporters
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,097
    Forum Member
    The only way anything will change in terms of how long it takes to release the TV fixtures is if the PL say (for example) "right, you have 10 working days from fixture release day to sort out TV games before you have to announce them". Without a deadline, it'll be the same every year with people waiting for weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    too true, and that would mean it was a month since the fixtures came out too... happy days to all Premership supporters

Yep, no such issues for you fans of Conference North teams. I presume you follow Leamington FC, your local team? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way anything will change in terms of how long it takes to release the TV fixtures is if the PL say (for example) "right, you have 10 working days from fixture release day to sort out TV games before you have to announce them". Without a deadline, it'll be the same every year with people waiting for weeks.

or dont release them till the tv games are sorted... if everyone is so bothered about tv games..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gray77 wrote: »
    Yep, no such issues for you fans of Conference North teams. I presume you follow Leamington FC, your local team? ;-)

i do indeed...
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how many times it needs to be said that it's more than likely got absolutely bugger all to do with the World Cup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or dont release them till the tv games are sorted... if everyone is so bothered about tv games..

I tend to agree with this. Just announce the fixtures complete with the TV dates (up to Dec or the New Year) at the same time. Then everyone knows where they stand from the start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i do indeed...

Damn. I presumed you were a Coventry fan based on your ident. That's ruined my fun then. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn. I presumed you were a Coventry fan based on your ident. That's ruined my fun then. ;-)

when Leamington play away, and when cov played at cov, i did go and watch them too, but since they move away from cov, i aint travelling 40 miles lol...
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to agree with this. Just announce the fixtures complete with the TV dates (up to Dec or the New Year) at the same time. Then everyone knows where they stand from the start.

Yep. The other suggestion on here which I thought was good was to just announce the first month to start with, then do the rest gradually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

non league football is at a very good standard, and non league clubs need more support so they can survive
    so when theres a international break, and urge all of you to vist your local side and support them!!!!!
  • Options
    Ryan_Kerr1Ryan_Kerr1 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    They rang me back to now say there has been a delay and that they will be out on Monday or the latest Tuesday
  • Options
    pjexpjex Posts: 9,423
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I don't know how many times it needs to be said that it's more than likely got absolutely bugger all to do with the World Cup.

Disagree, if it's next week it can be a big football story for Sky and BT to push and gives something for viewers to be excited about post the world cup. Good selling point for them too as during the world cup football coverage is dominated by non pay channels so once over Sky and BT can go on the big sell as they will then be the main football channels again and can use their TV fixtures as a big selling point.

Expect Sky and BT marketing to ramp up next week once the World Cup is over.

Can't think of any other reason for the delay as assume all the picks are sorted and agreements will police will have been reached by now. The delay is purely for BT and Sky to get the most attention for the rights they have paid considerably for.