Options

Mannequin Law.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
Forum Member
I have standing at my living room window a male mannequin. He has stood there behind the partly open blinds (or closed which everway you look at it) looking onto the street for the last 4 months with no problem. He is decently dressed in a shirt and trousers. Nothing in no way that could offend anyone. That was until today when the police called to tell me there has been a complaint. I invited the police in to take a look at him. ‘Now is there is anything offensive about him’ I asked. The police agreed with me there was not but thought it would be a good idea to take him away from the window as they thought he might get something thrown at him. I refused and said he is staying where he is – inside my house where he has been for the last 4 months. The police gave no reason what the nature of the complaint was or of course who it was that made the complaint. So I complained what a waste of time and resources to come and look at a fully clothed mannequin that they could do nothing about. I reminded them of the freedom to do as I please in my own house, providing its within the law. Amazingly they reluctantly in a round about way agreed but sheepishly left my house. I do not know the law. But what I do know is when I am breaking it. And that’s not just wind either. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is your mannequin ogling the kids in the street?
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Seems like a rather oddball thing to want to do, especially when you know it's upsetting people.
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have standing at my living room window a male mannequin. He has stood there behind the partly open blinds (or closed which everway you look at it) looking onto the street for the last 4 months with no problem. He is decently dressed in a shirt and trousers. Nothing in no way that could offend anyone. That was until today when the police called to tell me there has been a complaint. I invited the police in to take a look at him. ‘Now is there is anything offensive about him’ I asked. The police agreed with me there was not but thought it would be a good idea to take him away from the window as they thought he might get something thrown at him. I refused and said he is staying where he is – inside my house where he has been for the last 4 months. The police gave no reason what the nature of the complaint was or of course who it was that made the complaint. So I complained what a waste of time and resources to come and look at a fully clothed mannequin that they could do nothing about. I reminded them of the freedom to do as I please in my own house, providing its within the law. Amazingly they reluctantly in a round about way agreed but sheepishly left my house. I do not know the law. But what I do know is when I am breaking it. And that’s not just wind either. :blush:

Nobody likes a curtain twitcher, whether it be mannequin or human. >:(

Anyway, are you sure his flies are done up.

You don't want him to be done for indecent exposure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    charlie1 wrote: »
    Nobody likes a curtain twitcher, whether it be mannequin or human. >:(

Anyway, are you sure his flies are done up.

You don't want him to be done for indecent exposure.

No. He's a good boy and dress'es properly.
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did your neighbours know it was a mannequin and not someone staring out of the window?
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first thoughts are "umm...why?"

Is this some sort of crude security measure?
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did your neighbours know it was a mannequin and not someone staring out of the window?
    ....or is the OP a stalker/peeping tom, using the mannequin as a cover story? ;-)
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They probably thought it was you looking at them. We ought to get cardboard cutouts, lol.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it's better than a telescope, people might have cause to be worried but there again, there's nothing wrong with looking at the stars.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They probably thought it was you looking at them. We ought to get cardboard cutouts, lol.

LOL! Yes but all the neighbours know me to be in the over 50's bracket and ugly with it. My mannequin (Barry) is aged about 22.and good looking. Your right though. A cardboard cutout might help. :p
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL! Yes but all the neighbours know me to be in the over 50's bracket and ugly with it. My mannequin (Barry) is aged about 22.and good looking. Your right though. A cardboard cutout might help. :p

The other thread is about the cost of cardboard cutouts. Put Barry in some nice silky undies. That will get them interested.
  • Options
    Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Barry's the Yankee:D;-)
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    What a pathetic waste of police time, it beggar belief
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The other thread is about the cost of cardboard cutouts. Put Barry in some nice silky undies. That will get them interested.

Now you've said that I must confess I have a female mannequin (Charlotte) who I explained to the police i took away from the window some weeks ago as the bin men. postman and whoever else passed were perving on her as she was dressed in fishnet tights AND! slky knickers and a sexy top. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You forgot to mention that you asked the police if you could put him there. They said no and ignored you further. You did it anyway. So in effect, you ARE breaking the law.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seth1 wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that you asked the police if you could put him there. They said no and ignored you further. You did it anyway. So in effect, you ARE breaking the law.

WRONG!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    housegirl wrote: »
    What a pathetic waste of police time, it beggar belief

Yes your right. They came at about 11.30am. They weren't here more than 5 minutes and I'm still astonished they wasted their time. It's so unbelievable.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Long-winded and weird even by the standards of Friday night trolls. I give it a D rating.... unless the dummy can show a bit more cleavage.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    now this is all very bizarre
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Long-winded and weird even by the standards of Friday night trolls. I give it a D rating.... unless the dummy can show a bit more cleavage.

LOL. They even wanted to look at her who I had locked away. They certainly got an eyeful and left with a wry smile. ;-)
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now you've said that I must confess I have a female mannequin (Charlotte) who I explained to the police i took away from the window some weeks ago as the bin men. postman and whoever else passed were perving on her as she was dressed in fishnet tights AND! slky knickers and a sexy top. :o

:D I don't care if you're winding us up, this is really funny.

I'm envisioning Barry and Charlotte and it ain't a pretty sight! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WRONG!

I assure you, if you don't comply with the police on this one your dummies wll never hear the end of it. Just a formal warning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seth1 wrote: »
    I assure you, if you don't comply with the police on this one your dummies wll never hear the end of it. Just a formal warning

Wrong again. The police never said that. In fact they found it quite amusing eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    charlie1 wrote: »
    :D I don't care if you're winding us up, this is really funny.

I'm envisioning Barry and Charlotte and it ain't a pretty sight! :D

I promise you I am not winding you up. I too thought it was too funny to be believed. I even emailed the local paper but i suspect they might agree with you.

Added. No Barry and Charlotte are both quite attractive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrong again. The police never said that. In fact they found it quite amusing eventually.

I now have the CID scoping your property