Options

Brazil v Netherlands Third Place Play Off ITV 9.00 PM

Comments

• Options
    NiteOwl12NiteOwl12 Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    19Nick68 wrote: »
    If the Dutch were as clinical as the Germans they could be over the hill and far away by now. They had a 5 against 3 break on and played a terrible ball.

I get the impression the Dutch are happy at 2-0

I agree, but this Brazilian defence will force more goals on the Dutch.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brazil are nasty buggers too >:( I hate fouling and I don't mean dogs!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    LOL,,,Robben should be invited to come on ITV's celebrity Splash
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »

The story of their World Cup. Two challenges on Robbin, both fouls and unpunished so far in this half
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    4th place in a world cup isn't too shabby.

True, but this is the most expensive World Cup to date and with the protests demanding money to be spent on health, education, roads etc, I think they wanted more than 4th place. And that's before taking into account the builders who have died while constructing these stadium in a rush.

Even after all that, 4th would be enough but its the way Brazil have gone out (and played before that) which will make Brazilians question "was it worth it?"

Oh, and this time tomorrow, Brazil's 'noisy neighbours' could be World Champions. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    The story of their World Cup. Two challenges on Robbin, both fouls and unpunished so far in this half

And another >:(

They should do time off the pitch for fouls like in Rugby, too soft on them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fernandinho certainly won't be winning a fair play award; he seems to have made a habit in this world cup of kicking people without being punished.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise that Neymar had already stuck the knife in to Scolari. The team is average at best but I certainly think that there are some very talented Brazilians who should have been in this squad but missed out.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's why they fully deserved their trashing on Tuesday. They kicked a very talented and skillfull Colombian team off the pitch in the quarter final.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Acrobatics again...but that collision didn't look like a foul, for if someone put out a hand while one was running you wouldn't do a tumble like that!
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Brazil side is full of snide shithouses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    LOL,,,Robben should be invited to come on ITV's celebrity Splash

At this rate, Tom Daley could be invited to play for this Brazil team.
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dutch are REALLY trying to let Brazil play, really sad to see that Brazil can hardly string a few passes together
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    That's why they fully deserved their trashing on Tuesday. They kick a very talented and skillfull Colombian team off the pitch in the quarter final.

Yes I agree, it was a shame that Columbia went out. Fouls seem to becoming more common place in my opinion, again for Robbins!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Nasty challenge,,, although how he didnt pull his own groan stretching i don't know
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    That's why they fully deserved their trashing on Tuesday. They kicked a very talented and skillfull Colombian team off the pitch in the quarter final.
    Yes, in all the :o:o:o over the German thrashing, this tends to be forgotten.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brazil adopting the dirty tactics they used against Colombia and as in that match, the referee is far too weak.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a good foul, one of the best I've seen. :D Don't know why they bother playing footie as it's easier to foul your way to a win. :D:D The Ref doesn't care does he. :D
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we may soon see a leg breaker from Brazil
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How any team went into a Match not being afraid of Fred with back up Jo is beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NiteOwl12 wrote: »
    Brazil adopting the dirty tactics they used against Colombia and as in that match, the referee is far too weak.

Still have barely created a chance though. It's pretty embarrassing.
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree, it was a shame that Columbia went out. Fouls seem to becoming more common place in my opinion, again for Robbins!

gutted that both Columbia and Chile were knocked out, my two fave teams (Chile my slight fave, brilliant to watch)
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Brazil would have preferred going out on goal difference from their group rather than go through that 7-1 drubbing.

Utter humiliation.
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This ref has been terrible. Never a foul on Maicon, he just chucked himself.