Options

Israelis pictured eating POPCORN / CLAPPING as they watch deadly bombs of Gaza

Comments

• Options
    FlibustierFlibustier Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still maintain that the general populations of both Israel and Palestinian are not to blame in any way though.

So Israeli religious fanatics illegally settling Palestinian land in the name of God has no blame attached to it? just normal human civilised behaviour?

You realise the Palestinians have been cleansed from Israel, at one point they were 93% of the population...
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    timperry26 wrote: »
    The picture was posted by a Danish journalist on Wednesday as the bombing campaign began and has sparked a fierce backlash online

This is the incendiary picture of Israelis eating popcorn and cheering as they watch the bombardment of Gaza which has sparked outrage on Twitter.
    Source
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/israelis-pictured-eating-popcorn-clapping-3846801

And the people of Palestine celebrated 9/11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

They just need to stop firing rockets at the Israelis and it would all stop.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flibustier wrote: »
    So Israeli religious fanatics illegally settling Palestinian land in the name of God has no blame attached to it? just normal human civilised behaviour?

You realise the Palestinians have been cleansed from Israel, at one point they were 93% of the population...

The so-called settlers are generally extremists and not representative of your normal everyday average Israli Joseph, just like those Palestinians lobbing rockets into Israel are not representative of normal Palestinians.
  • Options
    timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would all stop if Israel gave Palistinians their land back.

Thats the root cause of the problem. Why can't people see the truth
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would all stop if Israel gave Palistinians their land back.

Thats the root cause of the problem. Why can't people see the truth

If the Palistinians have a problem then either go to war or go to the UN.

Firing rockets is only causing their own people to suffer.

Why can't people see that truth?

They were invaded just like England invaded Ireland and Ireland used terrorism too.
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member

Allegedly.

Palestinians claim that footage was taken out of context and they were celebrating something completely different weeks\months earlier then when 9/11 came round someone rolled out the footage
  • Options
    FlibustierFlibustier Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The so-called settlers are generally extremists and not representative of your normal everyday average Israli Joseph

I think when you get to over half a million illegal settlers.. the 'extremist and not representative' line is a bit tired..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    reglip wrote: »
    Allegedly.

Palestinians claim that footage was taken out of context and they were celebrating something completely different weeks\months earlier then when 9/11 came round someone rolled out the footage

Well I saw it live and they were definitely celebrating 9/11.

They need to show they are against their own terrorists and throw them out of civilian areas, as the cowards are using schools and civilian areas to hide in
  • Options
    timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They were invaded just like England invaded Ireland and Ireland used terrorism too.

It will probably turn out to be world war 3. The Israel's have US funded planes, nuclear missiles, tanks and other arsonale, all far superior to what the Palistinians have.
    It will go to war eventually, wait until Israel attacks on the ground and trys to fight like men.

If the Palistinians do get into trouble, I can see nearby Muslim country's intervening and helping them out.

If the Russians and the Americans could'nt take out the Taliban. How do you expect Israeli to do so.

World War 3 will start in the middle east.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will probably turn out to be world war 3. The Israel's have US funded planes, nuclear missiles, tanks and other arsonale, all far superior to what the Palistinians have.
    It will go to war eventually, wait until Israel attacks on the ground and trys to fight like men.

If the Palistinians do get into trouble, I can see nearby Muslim country's intervening and helping them out.

If the Russians and the Americans could'nt take out the Taliban. How do you expect Israeli to do so.

Well then, the Palestinians need to be careful don't they or they won't have a land to live in anyway.

But firing rockets at Israel won't help their cause.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I saw it live and they were definitely celebrating 9/11.

They need to show they are against their own terrorists and throw them out of civilian areas, as the cowards are using schools and civilian areas to hide in

You saw what live? How do you know they were celebrating 9/11? Thats the only footage i've ever seen, its the same footage the BBC showed as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You saw what live? How do you know they were celebrating 9/11? Thats the only footage i've ever seen, its the same footage the BBC showed as well

I saw them celebrating 9/11 when it happened.

If you don't believe they celebrated it then that is up to you.

But perhaps the Israeli footage was fake too?
  • Options
    MeercamMeercam Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nobody will help the Palestinians.
    Nobody likes the Palestinians.
    They're just useful idiots for Jew bashers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I saw them celebrating 9/11 when it happened.

If you don't believe they celebrated it then that is up to you.

But perhaps the Israeli footage was fake too?

Were you there? You just posted the only footage that was shown, where is the proof they were celebrating 9/11?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were you there? You just posted the only footage that was shown, where is the proof they were celebrating 9/11?

That wasn't the only footage shown, it was just one I video I found.

Show me where they didn't celebrate it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That wasn't the only footage shown, it was just one I video I found.

Show me where they didn't celebrate it?

Well if you can find different footage i'd be surprised, the footage you posted was the one all the news media ran with i've never seen different footage. All 9/11 news media from that day is archived on the internet so you could always go find it if you wanted but i suspect the search would be fruitless you have already posted the extent of that footage
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here is CNN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_eN4YEEI0

MSNBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf7N-wU24RM

and you've posted fox. The BBC used the same footage also so I dont know where you've seen something else but it was a while ago maybe you're mistaken
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member

that would only be a regional war then certainly not a world war. i dunno what your knowledge is but i'll remind people that israel numerous times have taken and fought wars vs up to 7 (or is it 8? ) arab countries/powers at once so its pretty much already happened before. it could only be a world war if US and Russia and China intervene directly
  • Options
    The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member

If you are talking about the War of Independence in 1919, our ancestors fought to free Ireland from occupation by a foreign power. If you are talking about the Troubles in NI, then no we didn't. The IRA were an illegal organisation whose aim was also to overthrow the government in the Republic. You example bears no likeness to the Israeli/Palestinian situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is CNN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_eN4YEEI0

MSNBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf7N-wU24RM

and you've posted fox. The BBC used the same footage also so I dont know where you've seen something else but it was a while ago maybe you're mistaken

So it was all fake? That's a coincidence.

I'll wait for your evidence that they did not celebrate and that they even showed they did not condone what happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are talking about the War of Independence in 1919, our ancestors fought to free Ireland from occupation by a foreign power. If you are talking about the Troubles in NI, then no we didn't. The IRA were an illegal organisation whose aim was also to overthrow the government in the Republic. You example bears no likeness to the Israeli/Palestinian situation.

The Guerrilla warfare of 1919.

And yes it is exactly like Israeli/ Palestinian situation.

Rolleyes.

Or is England invading Ireland totally different from Israeli invading Palestine?

While I do not support the invasion of a country by another country, historically once it has happened then there should either be a proper war, not terrorism, or Political action.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Nobody should celebrate the bombing of others, i felt the same with 9/11 when some muslims celebrated in Asia and it's no different now with some Jewish treating Gaza being bombed as a entertaining event.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The picture was posted by a Danish journalist on Wednesday as the bombing campaign began and has sparked a fierce backlash online

This is the incendiary picture of Israelis eating popcorn and cheering as they watch the bombardment of Gaza which has sparked outrage on Twitter.
    Source
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/israelis-pictured-eating-popcorn-clapping-3846801

Dreadful - of course, it's those kind of actions which breed total undying hatred.
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For you maybe. Not for me.

It seems totally alien to most of us but then, we aren't living it. We're simply armchair observers

I wouldn't like to say how decades of living in a pressure cooker environment with generations of people effectively born and raised to hate would impact on any of us should we have been born there ourselves.

I don't think any of us could guarantee we wouldn't be pulling up a chair and passing the popcorn along with them.

One thing I notice from these threads about the region is how (even from the relative safety of a world outside of that arena) readily FMs pick sides, dig in and justify action "x" because "them over there" did action "y".
    If that can happen outside the bubble amongst the casual observers debating it online I'd hate to think what it would be like if those same people were actually living it.

"Wolf nipple chips!! Get them while they're hot, they're lovely......"
  • Options
    warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Answer
    warlord wrote: »
    Yes it is. The perpetrators say so.

It also says that rule does not apply to Muslims.

**You don't know what your talking about. I have studied the Qur'an and comparative religion.**

For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah’s Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth.
    The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom;

The meaning is perfectly clear. Muslims are expected to kill those who make war on Allah.

The neo-cons thought that terrorism was caused by dictatorship, and that introducing democracy to the Muslim world would end terrorism. How wrong can you be?

If it was a religious war they would have flattened all the mosques.

**They did flatten mosques, yet your still somehow justifying a illegal war. Tell me something, Iraq was in a much better place before the occupation. The majority within the country have said so and there is no doubt.**

They did flatten mosques? Any evidence for this?

**The UN stated that Iraq does not have any weapons of mass destruction.Yet, the americnans and British invaded Iraq on that basis, thus making it a illegal war. I physicality feel sick that my taxes funded missiles that killed these innocent people.**

And tell us who killed them - it was not George Bush who planted IEDs everywhere

**Your that lost that you believe IEDs killed all the women and children. In Islamic culture women generally stay at home with their children. Houses got bombed and raided resulting in fatalities.**
    IEDs and car bombs killed most of the victims. They were the work of Islamic jihadists, not the British or US forces
    There is no UN law. There is a work of fiction known as international law, which nobody with any sense takes seriously.
    **Funny you said that. The British and US went into Iraq on the notion of illegal nuclear weapons. They raised the issue with the UN aswell which they abided by inspecting.**

I agree the liar Blair gave the UN a big part to play. It was always irrelevant to the Americans.