Options

I hate Marlon Dingle

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Bloomin' loved it when Donna said something this week about his flailing arms :D
    They must have been reading DS!!!

I think you're spot on Lotty.
    I'm convinced the various soap writers have nicked several puns from this board, not least when Gloria in Corrie called Dev's kids "Asda and Aldi" !!

There have been quite a few other instances too, all of which I'm far too drunk to remember.

I suspect they're mining this board for free material and gags all the time, the cheeky sods.
  • Options
    dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused::confused:
    Brookside wrote: »
    He made Donnas upcoming death all about him and his stupid arms... "IT'S ALRIGHT FOR YOU"! selfish GIT.

yes totally agree anyone would think he was the one with only two months to live , on another point donna looks very healthy and is very energetic for someone susposed to be so ill.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but then you could argue that Jade Goody looked well during her last few months as well, I know it's a different type of cancer and I'm unaware of all the ins and outs of Donna's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've decided that when I go, I want to die of Donna cancer as well.

I too want to be positively glowing in my final days, always in the pub looking great, dashing around committing perfect crimes, whilst getting as much sex as my old boy can muster.

I've already started calling my dog "April" in preparation for this, I'm now trying to track her dad down.
    This is proving somewhat troublesome though I'm sad to say, as she came from a big farm in mid-Wales where I'm led to believe she was the runt of the litter.
    Such as this, nobody is thus yet owning up to being her dad.
    There is an old dog there I've noticed with hyperactive, windmill-type almost legs, maybe it's him?
    He does seem to scratch himself at an alarming rate of knots anyhow, from unbelievable angles.

I'm also willing to keep it a secret from Bob.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he is harmless
  • Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    I absolutely LOATHE that controlling, childish cretin Marlon Dingle.

How many lives has he wrecked over the year due to his own selfishness, He grinded Ashley into the ground, he denied Paddy, Rhona and his own son the chance to have a fantastic life in New Zealand all because he get's a nose bleed just by walking past the factory.

EVERYTHING has to be on his say so. Rhona and Donna can't leave the village with their own children for more than 0.236526 seconds before that lanky **** is abandoning his work duties and constantly down the phone demanding where they are. And now as predicted with Donna's storyline you'd think it was Marlon that was the one dying (God how I wish that was the case) instead of the Lovely Donna. He ALWAYS has to make EVERYTHING about him and only him.

Why he seems to get a never ending influx of storyline's I'll never know. A life sized blow up doll can act better than him.

>:(>:(>:(

I LOVE this post:kitty:
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're spot on Lotty.
    I'm convinced the various soap writers have nicked several puns from this board, not least when Gloria in Corrie called Dev's kids "Asda and Aldi" !!

There have been quite a few other instances too, all of which I'm far too drunk to remember.

I suspect they're mining this board for free material and gags all the time, the cheeky sods.

:D

Emmerdale writers could have SkankCharity make a comment about wigs to Declan, next.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »
    I LOVE this post:kitty:

Me too!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I cannot bear Marlon but I hate that April even more.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Emmerdale writers could have SkankCharity make a comment about wigs to Declan, next.
    :D:D Remember when they suddenly started doing 'short' jokes about little Robbit? :D
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uncle Quentin strikes again... Totally off topic now ARGHHH! lol
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uncle Quentin strikes again... Totally off topic now ARGHHH! lol

It's outrageous. I was really looking forward to reading two solid pages of posts all simply saying 'I hate Marlon Dingle'. I feel cheated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    It's outrageous. I was really looking forward to reading two solid pages of posts all simply saying 'I hate Marlon Dingle'. I feel cheated.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Troublemakers.

Love for all I care just stop turning threads into your own private comedy show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I've just caught up on Emmerdale and I really want Adam to get the gun back, shoot Marlon, then turn it on himself! That would get rid of the two most selfish self obsessed characters on the show!

A farm manager gets drunk and almost rips someone's arm off with a baling machine but it's not his fault? A moron who learns he has a gorgeous daughter but can only be interested if she is never allowed to be taken out of the village? His ex wife and mother of his child tells him she is dying and still it's all about him?!

I am soo cross with this selfish pair!
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I too want to be positively glowing in my final days, always in the pub looking great, dashing around committing perfect crimes, whilst getting as much sex as my old boy can muster.

I've already started calling my dog "April" in preparation for this, I'm now trying to track her dad down.
    This is proving somewhat troublesome though I'm sad to say, as she came from a big farm in mid-Wales where I'm led to believe she was the runt of the litter.
    There is an old dog there I've noticed with hyperactive, windmill-type almost legs, maybe it's him?
    He does seem to scratch himself at an alarming rate of knots anyhow, from unbelievable angles.

You never fail to make me laugh.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

UQ, my sides are aching, :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most annoying soap characters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely LOATHE that controlling, childish cretin Marlon Dingle.

How many lives has he wrecked over the year due to his own selfishness, He grinded Ashley into the ground, he denied Paddy, Rhona and his own son the chance to have a fantastic life in New Zealand all because he get's a nose bleed just by walking past the factory.

EVERYTHING has to be on his say so. Rhona and Donna can't leave the village with their own children for more than 0.236526 seconds before that lanky **** is abandoning his work duties and constantly down the phone demanding where they are. And now as predicted with Donna's storyline you'd think it was Marlon that was the one dying (God how I wish that was the case) instead of the Lovely Donna. He ALWAYS has to make EVERYTHING about him and only him.

Why he seems to get a never ending influx of storyline's I'll never know. A life sized blow up doll can act better than him.

>:(>:(>:(

BIB.. Dingle init.

Emmerdale moved from a story about life on the farm to the life of the folks in the big house to the lives and loves of the pikeys we know as the Dingles.

If yer surname is Dingle yer getting a story.
  • Options
    Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marlon Dingle is one of favourite ED characters.

He can be funny (in scenes with Paddy), and be serious, (i.e. recent scenes with Donna).

I liked how he got emotional when Donna told him about his illness as he shows he still has feelings for him. He is also thinking of April, (how will he tell her, her mum is dying/has died). Although he doesn't want to discuss the cancer, (quite rightly, who wouldn't find it upsetting?), he will be moving his wedding tonight so that Donna can be part of it. Donna can also see April as bridesmaid.

For when Paddy/Rhona decided to leave to New Zealand with Leo, why wouldn't Marlon fight to keep his son in the country? For any parents out there, how would you feel if your partner/ex took your child away from your life? I know, Paddy and Rhona did offer Marlon a chance to go to New Zealand, but why should he leave his whole family, friends and job to feel like a spare part in their new life.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Troublemakers.

Love for all I care just stop turning threads into your own private comedy show.

I have to agree, it can get annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marlon's acting in emotional scenes is laughable. he can only ever play it one way and it aint pretty. he's not quite as bad as Dev off CS but hes not far behind
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marlon's acting in emotional scenes is laughable. he can only ever play it one way and it aint pretty. he's not quite as bad as Dev off CS but hes not far behind

He is far worse than Dev. Total cretin. >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marlon Dingle is one of favourite ED characters.

He can be funny (in scenes with Paddy), and be serious, (i.e. recent scenes with Donna).

I liked how he got emotional when Donna told him about his illness as he shows he still has feelings for him. He is also thinking of April, (how will he tell her, her mum is dying/has died). Although he doesn't want to discuss the cancer, (quite rightly, who wouldn't find it upsetting?), he will be moving his wedding tonight so that Donna can be part of it. Donna can also see April as bridesmaid.

For when Paddy/Rhona decided to leave to New Zealand with Leo, why wouldn't Marlon fight to keep his son in the country? For any parents out there, how would you feel if your partner/ex took your child away from your life? I know, Paddy and Rhona did offer Marlon a chance to go to New Zealand, but why should he leave his whole family, friends and job to feel like a spare part in their new life.

I believe you may be confusing Fantasy Emmerdale, with actual Emmerdale.
  • Options
    Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I believe you may be confusing Fantasy Emmerdale, with actual Emmerdale.

No. I am definitely not. Just because you don't like Marlon, doesn't mean others do. My only ever problem with him is rejecting April when she first arrived with Donna.