Options

Cabinet Reshuffle- Rumours and what you have heard?

Comments

• Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Bit far for Boris to cycle from...
    Boris thinks the north starts in Enfield.

Would Boris dare risk taking a safe seat outside of London - it would make him look like a carpetbagger which his opponents would hammer away at
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are replacing out of touch, cold hearted right wing males, with out of touch, cold hearted, right wing females

Progress!

So far the only person who has been replaced is the male Welsh secretary with his male deputy. No women feature as of yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV political editor says it will be Philip Hammond.Does that mean Liam Fox will return as defence secretary?
    IDS was the rumour. Perhaps McVey will step up to the Big Desk
  • Options
    JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You did, I was talking about Hague who was so keen to kill people in Libya and Syria (and he supported the Iraq invasion, so is just as guilty as Blair on that)

Oh please, that's utter rubbish.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He only scraped in to the seat because of a split between the Lib Dems and the SDP who both put up a candidate.

Maybe to start with but in 2010 he got 62% of the vote and an increased majority.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,396
    Forum Member
    Esther McVey will be getting a promotion, despite her expertise being mainly based on being a terrible lunchtime TV presenter.

It's like Adrian Chiles being appointed Minister of Defence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to nominate Prince Philip for new foreign secretary.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,396
    Forum Member
    Rafer wrote: »
    I'd like to nominate Prince Philip for new foreign secretary.

I'd like to nominate Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to rule by decree

It would save money, and she'd probably do a better job than the government.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to nominate Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to rule by decree

It would save money, and she'd probably do a better job than the government.

Well she can't do any worse than cameron
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Jilly wrote: »
    Oh please, that's utter rubbish.
    In what way? Wanting to kill people in Libya and Syria or supporting the Iraq invasion?
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Esther McVey will be getting a promotion, despite her expertise being mainly based on being a terrible lunchtime TV presenter.

It's like Adrian Chiles being appointed Minister of Defence.
    Can't stand the bint!!

Patronising, nasty two-bit politician.
  • Options
    iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Gove could be made defence secretary (or even foreign secretary). . Teachers of the UK rejoice !
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV political editor says it will be Philip Hammond.Does that mean Liam Fox will return as defence secretary?

There have been whispers today that Liam Fox was holding court, clearly pleased about something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Gove could be made defence secretary (or even foreign secretary). . Teachers of the UK rejoice !
    And sent to Gaza? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been whispers today that Liam Fox was holding court, clearly pleased about something.
    Dave has used his ability to pick a "right one" and is going to have him as Chancellor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In what way? Wanting to kill people in Libya and Syria or supporting the Iraq invasion?

People are still dying in Syria. How has a non-intervention helped them?

I supported the Iraq invasion and I still do. It was the right thing to do. What was wrong was that there was no plan to sort out the country afterwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fox was brought up on a council estate. So he'd be a smart choice for a top job. It works against the posh public schoolboys line of attack.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that all the people that Labour supporters wanted out of the picture have stayed. In fact, a couple of them may even be getting promoted.

:p ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I supported the Iraq invasion and I still do. It was the right thing to do. What was wrong was that there was no plan to sort out the country afterwards.
    You cannot separate the invasion and the aftermath they are part & parcel of the same thing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    Fox was brought up on a council estate. So he'd be a smart choice for a top job. It works against the posh public schoolboys line of attack.

You can bet your life the newspapers are keeping a close watch on where all the new ministers were educated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that all the people that Labour supporters wanted out of the picture have stayed. In fact, a couple of them may even be getting promoted.

:p ;-)
    Let's give cock-ups an even higher profile :D

Most of them make Liam Fox a "good" choice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure that was all part of the plan. IDS and Gove are the best at winding up Labourites so why should Cameron get rid of them?
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Teachers have never liked any education secretary, as they think they know best and don't like being told what to do by anyone.

Hopefully McVey will get a top cabinet post as she seems to rile a lot of the hand wringing left loons.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    David Cameron has just tweeted that Hague is stepping down as an MP next year and is moving the the leader of the commons for now I think.....

Hague is on a final salary pension - if he stays in the Cabinet he more than doubles his pension for life compared to just an ordinary MPs salary!
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on Wikipedia a bit quick with the William Hague Standing down