The growing trend of girls showing their underwear through leggings

Comments

• Options
    tvholictvholic Posts: 381
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,818
    Forum Member
    As opposed to the green blooded men who simply aren't interested in that nonsense?

Or at least only every seven years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    In cases where highly visible panties is unintentional, I think part of the problem is that the lighting conditions in your average bedroom don't come close to replicating either natural sunlight or the much brighter (and different "colour") lighting of modern shops and offices.

A quick check in the mirror looking over your shoulder when you're still half asleep doesn't prove anything :D
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the big difference between knickers, bikini or shorts? It's a bit sad to get excited by a glimpse of knickers.

It's not a good look however. A few people do it like its a fashion look like the shorts and tights look but the majority just look as if they were too lazy to look in the mirror before heading out.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvholic wrote: »

Three months later and thanks for the update.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Victorias Secrets is cheap tacky stuff.

If you've bought La Perla, you want to show it off.

I had to walk out of Victoria's Secret in Leeds. All their knickers are labelled as 'panties' and it was making me feel a bit sick.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to walk out of Victoria's Secret in Leeds. All their knickers are labelled as 'panties' and it was making me feel a bit sick.

True. I hate that word and have banned my bf from using it if he wants any fun with me. And 'panty hose'. Ugh!
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    True. I hate that word and have banned my bf from using it if he wants any fun with me. And 'panty hose'. Ugh!

Both American words, as is Victorias Secrets.

Best stick with the good British terms knickers and tights.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always think that people should just be glad that I AM wearing underwear..........
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FANNY_ANNE wrote: »
    I always think that people should just be glad that I AM wearing underwear..........

Especially if your waxing isn't up to date :p
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll wear what I want.
  • Options
    karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or is it just blatantly obvious that companies only sell thin leggins, so the consumer has no choice but buy thin leggins? If companies used a different material or made them thicker, they wouldn't be see through.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen younger women wearing these in my local town.

Must admit the first time i had a 'double take' as i thought the girl i saw was just wearing a pair of tights! But i've seen a few now. They look good as long as it's not a big fat arse! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eh??:confused:

What's 'wrong' with the word 'pantie'? :confused:

TBH Knickers conjure up images such as these.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Eh??:confused:

What's 'wrong' with the word 'pantie'? :confused:

TBH Knickers conjure up images such as these.

It's a horrible, awful, cringeworthy, sick-making abomination of a word.

Yuck, yuck, yuck, panties, UGH!

It needs banning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It needs banning.
    Wow...:o:o

Obviously we have completely different attitude/opinion and i've no idea how old you are but Knickers is sooooo Victorian. I'm in my 60's and it's a word i'd hear my parents use but once in my teens, never girls/boys of my own era.

It's very old fashioned.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most terrifying experiences of my life was being in a shopping centre and seeing a very overweight girl approaching from about fifty yards away, wearing flesh coloured leggings. I honestly thought it was an escaped lunatic walking around bottomless.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member

It needs banning.

I cant stand that word either or knickers, its just the sound, Don't know why really.

I just call them pants, or my big pants, drawers or undies, yeah I am strange!

Leggings are for wearing with long tops or dresses really no matter the size of the person wearing them. Just looks odd to me and unflattering VPL or crotch bunch is not a good look..hehe..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    One of the most terrifying experiences of my life was being in a shopping centre and seeing a very overweight girl approaching from about fifty yards away, wearing flesh coloured leggings. I honestly thought it was an escaped lunatic walking around bottomless.

That does sound horrifying tbh. Hopefully she had a long t shirt on :D
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Obviously we have completely different attitude/opinion and i've no idea how old you are but Knickers is sooooo Victorian. I'm in my 60's and it's a word i'd hear my parents use but once in my teens, never girls/boys of my own era.

It's very old fashioned.

It's a pet hate word of mine too. It just sounds wrong to me.

Pants/knickers all the way. I'm 25 by the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's very old fashioned.

I'm in my 40s and as you've gathered I can't bear the word 'panties'.

They've always been knickers, or anything but panties! I'd rather say pantaloons :D

Urrrgghh I've typed it twice in this post!!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It needs banning.

It is a horrible word but so is knickers so it's just pants for me.

Though the word that makes my flesh crawl is - moist - just bleugh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    It is a horrible word but so is knickers so it's just pants for me.

Though the word that makes my flesh crawl is - moist - just bleugh

Bleugh indeed, glad I am not the only one :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow......so for some of you it's simply the pluralising of panty to panties? :confused:

Pretty wild. :o:o

But funny too. :D:D

As i thought the word 'knickers' comes from Knickerbocker....an 18th century under garment!

For those who have a peculiar aversion to the word 'pantie' please look away now. :p:p Here is what Wiki says;
    Panties (typically called knickers in British English) are a form of underwear designed to be worn by women and girls[1] in the crotch area below the waist.

Typical components include an elastic waistband, a crotch panel to cover the genital area (usually lined with absorbent material such as cotton), and a pair of leg openings which, like the waistband, are often made of elastic; materials are usually chosen to be breathable. While panties were originally designed to cover the entire lower half of the female form,[2] the modern version (since the 1970s) has either no legs or, in some cases, very short ones, and has become progressively more revealing over time.

"Panties" (plural form) is usually used to denote more than one "pair of panties" (singular), whilst "panty" is used in such derivatives as "panty liner" and "panty hose". The term is applied only to female underwear, with "underpants" often used as a term for the male counterpart.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or is it just blatantly obvious that companies only sell thin leggins, so the consumer has no choice but buy thin leggins? If companies used a different material or made them thicker, they wouldn't be see through.
    They sell both. It's a choice which people go for.
This discussion has been closed.