Options

Corrie's Andrea...

MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else not feeling this character?
I find her "acting" incredibly hammy and stilted...particularly those painful scenes with the husband with her gormless facial expressions:blush:
I expected much more from her....I give her six months at this rate before she joins Tiny, Mandy, Jenna and Flash in the back of a taxi:(

Comments

• Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I find her "acting" incredibly hammy and stilted...particularly those painful scenes with the husband with her gormless facial expressions:blush:
    I expected much more from her....I give her six months at this rate before she joins Tiny, Mandy, Jenna and Flash in the back of a taxi:(

She was axed in emmerdale for a reason
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes im not a fan of that actress for the very reasons you have stated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her really. I've seen worse character's
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    I don't mind her really. I've seen worse character's

I used to like her in Emmerdale, but I can't warm to her in Corrie x:(
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hated her in corrie hated her on dancing on ice and hate her in corrie she just seems to play herself.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    You mean Grinny Woman! Never knew she was in Emmerdale or Dancing On Ice. Never seen her until she grinned her way on to Corrie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her grin is admittedly annoying
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    You mean Grinny Woman! Never knew she was in Emmerdale or Dancing On Ice. Never seen her until she grinned her way on to Corrie!
    :D:D:D < this smilie should be renamed The Andrea.

Not only is the acting suspect, she's not very likeable, is she? The way she followed Steve around for ages and then only started seeing Lloyd to get a reaction out of Steve. All while having a husband stashed away!
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea isn't much of a character. Inane grin and shoving Jenna out of the way shows bad acting and bad scriptwriting. The writing for the reunion with her hubby was pititful. Corrie need better actors than her to do something with their dire SLs and scripts.

Sh!te acting, sh!te SLs and sh!te scripts = SH!TE!!! :D

Most of Corrie's cast do wonders with what they are given but she ain't one of 'um.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    :D:D:D < this smilie should be renamed The Andrea.

Not only is the acting suspect, she's not very likeable, is she? The way she followed Steve around for ages and then only started seeing Lloyd to get a reaction out of Steve. All while having a husband stashed away!

:D:D:D

Totally agree. She's so hammy, precocious and stage schooly. I can't bear her
  • Options
    TuvokTuvok Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's another character that we are suposed to all like!

Just like we're all suposed to like Cheryl Cole!

As you can tell I don't - either of them.
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »

She was a Dingle :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del_Dingle
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Her grin is admittedly annoying

...very annoying for some reason I keep expecting her to burst into song or do an impromptu tap-dance!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    ...very annoying for some reason I keep expecting her to burst into song or do an impromptu tap-dance!

Lol, don't get me started on her mole
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    She is "OK".... nothing to write home about.
    I am hoping that when news that she has a husband breaks that the wooden-ness may improve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....she's actually getting worse:(
    and are we supposed to feel sorry for the predicament she's in? silly cow has a gorgeous house in the suburbs, but no doubt she will give that up to move into Lloyd's poxy flat
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....she's actually getting worse:(
    and are we supposed to feel sorry for the predicament she's in? silly cow has a gorgeous house in the suburbs, but no doubt she will give that up to move into Lloyd's poxy flat

I know what you mean, she was alright to start with as it was nice to see a character with a smile but the amount of grinning she does now is ridiculous, but she's just gotten worse as the months have gone on.

I also don't understand what she sees in a two bit taxi driver, with major health problems and an annoying daughter.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her constant grinning is very annoying. Can anyone remember a shot of her not grinning?
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her and Dan Wiston (spelling?) together on Dancing on Ice was my worst nightmare!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think a major problem is that she has zero chemistry with Lloyd. I thought she bounced off Steve better but the writers killed their "affair" off too soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moon Eyes disgusted me last night.
    Her thoughtful husband had spent hours cooking her a lovely meal for her to grin at, and she just didn't want to know.

He'd laid the table beautifully, had a nice bottle of wine chilling in an ice bucket, and had even gotten all his cooking times spot on so it was ready to serve as soon as her grin came through the door, closely followed by her moon eyes, and then finally the rest of her.

But what did she do?
    Rubbed her grinning neck, said she was tired, and shot off upstairs for an 'early night.'
    Early night be buggered!
    It was only 3:30 in the afternoon, fricking Deal or No Deal hadn't even come on yet.

So we've learned that Moon Eyes has a nice house with nice furnishings, a loving, caring, attentive husband, no visible money worries, an adult daughter - and she wants to trade that 'unhappy' existence in to live with a whinging, wheezing, sweating, pot less, prat of a bloke who stinks of BO (probably) in a hovel of a flat above a cab office.

Just as you do like.

Pathetic Lloyd has had some equally pathetic girlfriends in his time, but old Moon Eyes takes the bloody biscuit.
    Really hope her hubby breaks both of his legs, and his back.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her thoughtful husband had spent hours cooking her a lovely meal for her to grin at, and she just didn't want to know.

He'd laid the table beautifully, had a nice bottle of wine chilling in an ice bucket, and had even gotten all his cooking times spot on so it was ready to serve as soon as her grin came through the door, closely followed by her moon eyes, and then finally the rest of her.

But what did she do?
    Rubbed her grinning neck, said she was tired, and shot off upstairs for an 'early night.'
    Early night be buggered!
    It was only 3:30 in the afternoon, fricking Deal or No Deal hadn't even come on yet.

So we've learned that Moon Eyes has a nice house with nice furnishings, a loving, caring, attentive husband, no visible money worries, an adult daughter - and she wants to trade that 'unhappy' existence in to live with a whinging, wheezing, sweating, pot less, prat of a bloke who stinks of BO (probably) in a hovel of a flat above a cab office.

Just as you do like.

Pathetic Lloyd has had some equally pathetic girlfriends in his time, but old Moon Eyes takes the bloody biscuit.

She`s obviously lied a lot in her life...have ya seen the size of that hooter? It makes Laurel from Emmerdales nose look snubby in comparison.
    Maybe that`s why she left Emmerdale - not enough room for 2 huge schnozes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    She`s obviously lied a lot in her life...have ya seen the size of that hooter? It makes Laurel from Emmerdales nose look snubby in comparison.
    Maybe that`s why she left Emmerdale - not enough room for 2 huge schnozes

True Wav, she was a bloody grinning menace in Emmy too.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But what did she do?
    Early night be buggered!

Just as you do like.

:D I have to agree Unc. I know you can't help who you fall in love with and all that, but I think you can at least give it the old college try.

It's not 10 minutes since Moon Eyes (lolz) was ready to declare undying love for Stevie Mac and only turned her affections and attentions to The Most Boring Man In The History Of The Universe, after Steve told her to do one. :kitty:

It's whatsisname I feel sorry for. :(
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

But what did she do?
    Early night be buggered!

Just as you do like.

BIB :D:D:D

Also are we really supposed to believe she would leave that fabulous house for that Kip with Lionel Mullichie **rolls eyes**