Options

The Grumpy Old Women Thread... (Part 18)

Comments

• Options
    handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, all hail the crossed fingers and the vibes!
    I have a solid offer of three days a week for the next year... Hooray! \0/
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,126
    Forum Member
    hooray and yay for handy x
  • Options
    ImaPlumImaPlum Posts: 6,072
    Forum Member
    Congrats handy, that's great news!

Now I just need to wait til next week to see if I get some good news, as of yesterday there is a possibility that I might get permanent full-time hours, on a standard 9 til 6 contract. It will be difficult in some ways having less time for YoungPlum but that's the usual dilemma for the single parent, working and having enough money to raise your child but then not having enough time to spend with them. Besides, she has a phone, we can do texting - upbringing by SMS ;-) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fingers crossed for plum
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    ImaPlum wrote: »
    I'm not going to write any more for now as I'm trying to stop scaring you all with my text walls :D I won't write less as such, I'll just write more frequently. That is Plan B.

I <3 PlumWalls :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not going to write any more for now as I'm trying to stop scaring you all with my text walls :D I won't write less as such, I'll just write more frequently. That is Plan B.

In other news, I might have invented a smiley

/O\

What does it say to you?
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »

/O\

What does it say to you?

It's Karl Pilkington or a football wearing a hat.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=karl+pilkington&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=3-a-U7_1JcTZOf_HgfgJ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=670
  • Options
    Forum Member
    week off next week
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member

/O\

What does it say to you?

Me too!

Your smiley is either a shout or the sign for a Polish loo for us ladyees. Well the O bit is. True fact.

Gawd I'm knackered. 6 hours in the car. Have gin, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I do love stupid o'clock on a Monday morning.

Not! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Greetings from soggy ireland
  • Options
    SadpersonSadperson Posts: 12,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *resurfaces*

*waves* (((((((((((((busy Grumpies))))))))))))))

*goes back under*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *waves to Sad*

And sends vibes.

Here, a big storm is brewing. Distant thunder. Boiling hot. Quite atmospheric but not the kind of weather to be out in. We might make a mad dash for the cinema, although we've been once already today. Planet of the Apes in 4DX is quite something!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello
    Still in slightly drier ireland
  • Options
    handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello, chaps!
    Grumpy husband. I'm working on keeping quiet and letting him vent but I'm crap at it and keep offering unwanted advice by accident. Blarg!

Hugs all round, with some extras for Sad.
  • Options
    ImaPlumImaPlum Posts: 6,072
    Forum Member
    Well back by popular demand is the Plum Wall of Text :p:D It never seriously was going to go as in spite of my best efforts I was always a witterer and will always be one! Thanks for the reassurances though that it wasn't a pain in th'arse :blush:

I have some good news to impart - well doesn't that make a pleasant change, actually I probably should have warned you to make sure you were seated securely before I said that there was going to be good news ... hope no-one fell off their chairs in shock!

*drum roll"

I have been given a permanent full-time contract - woop woop! The hours are going to be difficult but they have tried to fit in with my needs as much as possible. The manager really is a lovely guy. The money overall is still not great but it's going to take a HUGE load of pressure off me not having to worry from one week to the next what my hours are likely to be. It also means that hopefully I should be able to start saving a bit each week and may be able to get somewhere to rent for just YoungPlum and I next year, oh and DestructoPup too of course, can't forget the BlubberBelliedBargeButt!

It all came totally out of the blue, the manager had agreed to have me do some night-fill to make up my hours a bit and said that they might be converted to permanent hours if it all worked out but then out of the blue they offered me this! I know my friend (my supervisor) has helped push this through, and she negotiated reasonable hours for me. I'm totally staggered as new full-time contracts are now something of a rarity in the company. I'm going to have to prove them right to have confidence in me and work double hard - eeep!

There is always a downside though, and in this case it is one of my colleagues, a 21 year old, who has had a hissy fit because I got the contract and not her. She's bitching behind my back and isn't talking to me. I'm going to give her a couple of days to calm down in which time I'm prepared to forgive and forget and pretend it hasn't happened, but if she hasn't got her head together, then she can just take a hike as far as I'm concerned. I've put up with/dealt with psychological bullying before and I'm not going to take it from her and get stressed. She's said some pretty hurtful things, I think she forgets that people talk and what she says will get passed on, but it's not helping her case at all, having a tantrum just shows how immature she still is. I knew she was likely to get upset about it, but I still thought that she would be pleased for me, but apparently not ...... dammit I was going to use the rolleyes smiley for the first time ever, but it has gone! I never noticed :o

Anyway, I'm totally happy and am going to enjoy my last couple of weeks of part-time irresponsibility! My first week, they've got me working 48 hours - eeep! Luckily, the second week of the cycle, it's only a 3 day week and 24 hours.

Hope everyone has as good a week as I'm having .... without the bitchy/snipey bits though :D

Just goes to show once again that GrumpyVibes work, you just have to be patient :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well back by popular demand is the Plum Wall of Text :p:D It never seriously was going to go as in spite of my best efforts I was always a witterer and will always be one! Thanks for the reassurances though that it wasn't a pain in th'arse :blush:

I have some good news to impart - well doesn't that make a pleasant change, actually I probably should have warned you to make sure you were seated securely before I said that there was going to be good news ... hope no-one fell off their chairs in shock!

*drum roll"

I have been given a permanent full-time contract - woop woop! The hours are going to be difficult but they have tried to fit in with my needs as much as possible. The manager really is a lovely guy. The money overall is still not great but it's going to take a HUGE load of pressure off me not having to worry from one week to the next what my hours are likely to be. It also means that hopefully I should be able to start saving a bit each week and may be able to get somewhere to rent for just YoungPlum and I next year, oh and DestructoPup too of course, can't forget the BlubberBelliedBargeButt!

It all came totally out of the blue, the manager had agreed to have me do some night-fill to make up my hours a bit and said that they might be converted to permanent hours if it all worked out but then out of the blue they offered me this! I know my friend (my supervisor) has helped push this through, and she negotiated reasonable hours for me. I'm totally staggered as new full-time contracts are now something of a rarity in the company. I'm going to have to prove them right to have confidence in me and work double hard - eeep!

There is always a downside though, and in this case it is one of my colleagues, a 21 year old, who has had a hissy fit because I got the contract and not her. She's bitching behind my back and isn't talking to me. I'm going to give her a couple of days to calm down in which time I'm prepared to forgive and forget and pretend it hasn't happened, but if she hasn't got her head together, then she can just take a hike as far as I'm concerned. I've put up with/dealt with psychological bullying before and I'm not going to take it from her and get stressed. She's said some pretty hurtful things, I think she forgets that people talk and what she says will get passed on, but it's not helping her case at all, having a tantrum just shows how immature she still is. I knew she was likely to get upset about it, but I still thought that she would be pleased for me, but apparently not ...... dammit I was going to use the rolleyes smiley for the first time ever, but it has gone! I never noticed :o

Anyway, I'm totally happy and am going to enjoy my last couple of weeks of part-time irresponsibility! My first week, they've got me working 48 hours - eeep! Luckily, the second week of the cycle, it's only a 3 day week and 24 hours.

Hope everyone has as good a week as I'm having .... without the bitchy/snipey bits though :D

Just goes to show once again that GrumpyVibes work, you just have to be patient :D
    Fab news plum....so happy for you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant news Plummie, so so happy for you...mwah xxxx

And more hugs to the rest of you too, just because :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sadperson wrote: »
    Brilliant news Plummie, so so happy for you...mwah xxxx

And more hugs to the rest of you too, just because :)

Spoiler alert! I was saving the plumwall till last :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Spoiler alert! I was saving the plumwall till last :mad:

Plum, what a result !!!

I believe dancing around with pants on head is the done thing.
  • Options
    looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Well Done Plum, take no notice of herladyship give her enough rope she will hang herself.
    Snowy hope Ireland is drying out, Handy best keeping quiet and let it go over the head, nothing much happening this end thank goodness plodding along like we do, hope everyone is well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fab news Plummy! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all leaving the dampness later for the scorcher in east angular
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And I'm back home too.

Pissy weather here, though.

I'm quite enjoying it after all the heat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know where your home is right now but it's scorching here BG :p