Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Omg half of the shit you throw at me didn't even come from my mouth, so what are you trying to say?

Key word is TO ME, which is in my opinion and in my life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Omg half of the shit you throw at me didn't even come from my mouth, so what are you trying to say?

Key word is TO ME, which is in my opinion and in my life.

I've been pretty clear what I'm trying to say. The arguing and remarks from here, twitter & him should just cease to a halt. My examples were of the general reading on the thread & twitter and since you responded to my opening post calling him delusional then the insulting part refers to you too. Him saying that the show has potential is not what I call delusional, he may well be correct or not but I can see the logic in why others on here (masterozzy & box fresh) see its potential. More recent TV appearances, upturn in positive remarks on twitter, critical praise & respect (have a search & see for yourself). There is no denying TBG has had some positive elements towards it.

This notion TBG has done nothing for her is rubbish, it's another achievement to her bow, it's incredibly hard to do west end or broadway so how we can just tarnish the work it takes to do this night after night is IMO disrespectful & ignorant. I've yet to see a message on here or twitter or by David claiming this will enable her to slay the world and be a global star, can somebody please show me where such outlandish predictions were made??

Like I said, I would like the thread to focus on the subject matter and that goes to all users as it doesn't put us as AB fans in a great light. I'm not here to argue, I've got much better things to do than that. This will be the last comment I make regarding David but I'm of the opinion that one cannot play the victim yet mouth off (thread in general, not just you so please don't have a breakdown) .

I want music as much as everyone here but at the same time it's pretty clear to see things are not as simple as that . Masterozzy has eluded to potential reasons why but who knows how correct they are, I wouldn't be shocked if he was correct. Lets see where her path takes her next , I just want her to be as successful as possible. As the last couple years have been tough but she is still standing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Nation is probably Mr. Burke in disguise. 😂😂😂
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On that note, goodnight! Thank you for the welcome and here's hoping for more constructive & more positive AB talk in the near future :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member

😂😂😂 because I offer a differing view?

For what it's worth, he is no saint and can be over the line too, some of his tweets have been messy but I don't think this thread has been clean either.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    She'll be getting paid good money for the Bodyguard. Maybe she wasn't in a position to turn it down.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

To be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    We talk about your sister David hun, not you or your family. No1curr for you, you only get discussed because your constantly riding off your sisters fame, the tiny bit she has left.

Spilling the true tea :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    Spilling the true tea :blush:

Are you still banned from ATRL?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    She'll be getting paid good money for the Bodyguard. Maybe she wasn't in a position to turn it down.

There's that element to it aswell, who knows that could be a factor because we all gotta earn at the end of the day. Good point!

Keep busy while getting paid, if the music isn't where she hoped it would be then its a good job she can diversify herself to continue plugging away. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you still banned from ATRL?

No, I was unbanned a week ago. ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nation wrote: »
    There's that element to it aswell, who knows that could be a factor because we all gotta earn at the end of the day. Good point!

Keep busy while getting paid, if the music isn't where she hoped it would be then its a good job she can diversify herself to continue plugging away. :)

That's not what it seems like to me. When I first hear she signed up for The Bodyguard it just seemed a little desperate to me, almost as if she's clutching at straws. You don't just go from asking fans to choose between two singles four months before and then suddenly say you're joining The Bodyguard. It's a mess.

That's another thing she needs to stop tweeting 'Get this perfect for you darlings xx'. It's been over two years, it can't take that long. I'm afraid that after this people will no longer be interested in her, except the odd dozen Tweam members and her family. She's gonna be stuck with flop fans like Manda 'Fierce' whose reaction to Where Do Hearts Go was 'YAAAAAAAAAAAS SLAY TAKE ME TO CHURCH MAMA' :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's not what it seems like to me. When I first hear she signed up for The Bodyguard it just seemed a little desperate to me, almost as if she's clutching at straws. You don't just go from asking fans to choose between two singles four months before and then suddenly say you're joining The Bodyguard. It's a mess.

That's another thing she needs to stop tweeting 'Get this perfect for you darlings xx'. It's been over two years, it can't take that long. I'm afraid that after this people will no longer be interested in her, except the odd dozen Tweam members and her family. She's gonna be stuck with flop fans like Manda 'Fierce' whose reaction to Where Do Hearts Go was 'YAAAAAAAAAAAS SLAY TAKE ME TO CHURCH MAMA' :blush:

As I have said in my previous posts, NONE of us know the situation and the ins & out of behind the scenes so all you, I or anyone can do is speculate, which I personally find a fruitless at times. What you have speculated has no basis of a informed position than to be anymore credible than anyother opinion.

Take it for what it is, she is performing nightly for hundreds of people doing songs that require the vocal ability & stamina to withstand. Musical arts are no joke, have you ever performed in your life? the upturn in positivity when you type her name in twitter is undisputed as a massive improvement.

Who knows what it can do for her in the long run, it could produce nothing or it could produce opportunites...only time will tell but from my perspective I believe in the short run it has done good for her as she has to keep on top of her game vocally and in shape while recieving alot of praise. I hope once this is over the people that manage her will have a plan in place for late 2014 or 2015.

I'm not on this forum to shade people, its petty and childish. I began posting to offer my two cents and my perspective. The aim of the forum is to promote discussion and constructive talk, not to shade family members on the sly and make stupid "spill the true tea" comments.

This "no1curr" comment you quoted earlier, flip back a couple pages and the same person is begging David to unblock him, get a grip and grow up Shoed, how old are you? seriously. Begging to connect one second and shading the next, make your mind up.

This kind of closed circle "oh he has a different opinion to mine, so he must be David in disguise" is pathetic. If thats the attitude of some on here then how if she ever going to gain new followers if people joining get shaded for having a different opinion.

Like I said, I don't wish to join this to argue, just offer my perspective to discussion. I cannot wait to see a show early August and if any of you intend to see a show I hope you all enjoy as much as many others seem to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, I was unbanned a week ago. ^_^

Yasss bish

(Also Nation, you're really sounding like David right now. Why are you coming in here to tell hs we're wrong and petty and silly. Like YOU get a grip. Telling us you're here to discuss Alex, yet we can't speculate and you're attacking us? You make 0 sense)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As I have said in my previous posts, NONE of us know the situation and the ins & out of behind the scenes so all you, I or anyone can do is speculate, which I personally find a fruitless at times. What you have speculated has no basis of a informed position than to be anymore credible than anyother opinion.

Take it for what it is, she is performing nightly for hundreds of people doing songs that require the vocal ability & stamina to withstand. Musical arts are no joke, have you ever performed in your life? the upturn in positivity when you type her name in twitter is undisputed as a massive improvement.

Who knows what it can do for her in the long run, it could produce nothing or it could produce opportunites...only time will tell but from my perspective I believe in the short run it has done good for her as she has to keep on top of her game vocally and in shape while recieving alot of praise. I hope once this is over the people that manage her will have a plan in place for late 2014 or 2015.

I'm not on this forum to shade people, its petty and childish. I began posting to offer my two cents and my perspective. The aim of the forum is to promote discussion and constructive talk, not to shade family members on the sly and make stupid "spill the true tea" comments.

This "no1curr" comment you quoted earlier, flip back a couple pages and the same person is begging David to unblock him, get a grip and grow up Shoed, how old are you? seriously. Begging to connect one second and shading the next, make your mind up.

This kind of closed circle "oh he has a different opinion to mine, so he must be David in disguise" is pathetic. If thats the attitude of some on here then how if she ever going to gain new followers if people joining get shaded for having a different opinion.

Like I said, I don't wish to join this to argue, just offer my perspective to discussion. I cannot wait to see a show early August and if any of you intend to see a show I hope you all enjoy as much as many others seem to.

I couldn't care less about the ins and outs. It seems to me that she had a label and due to creative differences- mostly on Alex's part she was let go. It's a mess.

Lol, she won't be gaining new followers at this rate anyway.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member

I think sometimes as fans we forget that she has to earn a living. There will obviously be financial factors to consider when making decisions. She is no different to the rest of us in that respect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I couldn't care less about the ins and outs. It seems to me that she had a label and due to creative differences- mostly on Alex's part she was let go. It's a mess.

Lol, she won't be gaining new followers at this rate anyway.

Thats your take on things and who knows how accurate you are but thats why I take the situation for what it is. However, dont be shocked if there are those on a forum that then may not agree with that view.

You may not care and that's your view but to label something a mess without knowing is prejudgemental. If there is one thing that I have learned is alot has changed since HOH. She seems less willing to discuss things in open and I can understand why considering that panned out.

My take when I have a view is to always consider how complicated things being in their shoes can be, we are obviously not privy to all info to make clear judgement with the politics that could be at play. Thats not to say Alex always gets it right, she has a lot to learn & room for improvement. WDHG left a alot to be desired but I hope she can make the required adjustments to improve.

Fanfromholland - I couldnt care less who I sound like. I haven't attacked anyone - why are you so defensive? my view is simply constructive discussion but you cannot deny some posts on here have been petty & childish, that's how it reads to me.

There is a clear different between discussion/speculating and then speculating that leads to shading & petty remarks. I aim to involve myself in the former. For example, Stargirl1 made a construtive post, and I duly replied.

Lets aim to get the forum back to what it is made for. Do you plan to see a show & what hopes do you have after the Bodyguard?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    I think sometimes as fans we forget that she has to earn a living. There will obviously be financial factors to consider when making decisions. She is no different to the rest of us in that respect.

Once again agreed!

Thats what I admire about her, lets call a spade a spade her music career has fell off its peak from 2010/2011.

However, despite the setbacks she gone through she always strikes me as somebody who keeps plugging way. Hopefully after the BG things can pick up further for her whichever route she chooses. Do you plan on seeing a show?
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Nation is probably David Burke on fake account lmao... Just kidding.

Everyone has different opinions, stop tryna change em' - If people don't agree with BG then so what, let them have their say and you have yours.

Most people wanted Alex the popstar, not westend star.
    That Zoey in BB is a main role in westend, it just shows how crap these roles are... Nobody cares for her lmao
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nation is probably David Burke on fake account lmao... Just kidding.

Everyone has different opinions, stop tryna change em' - If people don't agree with BG then so what, let them have their say and you have yours.

Most people wanted Alex the popstar, not westend star.
    That Zoey in BB is a main role in westend, it just shows how crap these roles are... Nobody cares for her lmao

(Bit in bold) Thats the WHOLE point, to respect others views. Some love it and others dont but it doesn't make those who do deslusional, that's where it gets petty. See the difference?

FYI, I haven't once asked people to change their views and nor do I intend to.

I cannot wait till early August to see a show & see it first hand how she gets on. After the BG, fingers crossed there are some sort of plans in place to upkeep the momentum because to do West End or Broadway is no joke so she will be in her stride vocally.

Have you seen a show yet?

Have you seen a show yet?
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I'm seeing a show on Tuesday and looking forward to it, still don't agree with the movements she is making but no doubt she'll perform extremely well. Nobody has denied her talent in this thread, she can reach higher heights then BG though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm seeing a show on Tuesday and looking forward to it, still don't agree with the movements she is making but no doubt she'll perform extremely well. Nobody has denied her talent in this thread, she can reach higher heights then BG though.

Nice one, would you be the first from this forum to see a show? I look forward to a review to see how well she gets on. :)

I agree she has potential to do more, I think that is well established and I'm sure she knows this & sees it as a stepping stone to hopefully do more later on. Playing Devil's advocate, its nice to see her happier as the last couple years have been tough so its good to see her put her talents to good use.

A nice earner & a different experience to do. All I hope is there is a plan after, now is the time to sort that so the powers that be behind her have something in place going forward.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but I need to make a few things clear here. Why is it always fans here getting the blame for everything that goes on.

To be honest, the fans here are the ONLY ones concerned about where her career is heading and what she can do to better herself. David keeps attacking us, throwing insults and even calling us trolls, while praising Tweam who just follow Alex like sheep and spare no thought for how things will affect her going forward.

While Tweam waste her #AskAlex sessions by asking her what her favourite biscuit is (so they can pretend to know her on Facebook), the fans here have always been concerned and focused on her career. Nothing we're saying is malicious so to be honest I'm fed up of this thread being the scapegoat when Tweam have done far worse, even to the point of bullying other fans.

I don't see why it's always this thread that has to apologize or be the bigger people when it's clear that some just don't even care.

They'd rather have secret dinners with sheep fans who don't even really care for Alex (see Manda the Beyoncé stan) than listen to the fans here who have been following Alex from day ONE. It's just not right really, and I don't even know why I've stayed around so long with this kind of rude treatment.

When HOH flopped, WE were the only ones positively promoting Alex and defending her. Tweam were SILENT for months, they didn't say a WORD, while we were on here defending Alex and supporting her.

When she cancelled the original 2nd album in 2011, we stood by and waited for her, we even supported her XF stint which was widely panned and got on to her management about the lack of promotion (Alex later fired them). We've been here through all of Alex's ups and downs, even with this US launch, we promoted her like crazy on this site, some of us even opened a Twitter account to get her more fans and yet we're "trolls".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Sorry but I need to make a few things clear here. Why is it always fans here getting the blame for everything that goes on.

To be honest, the fans here are the ONLY ones concerned about where her career is heading and what she can do to better herself. David keeps attacking us, throwing insults and even calling us trolls, while praising Tweam who just follow Alex like sheep and spare no thought for how things will affect her going forward.

While Tweam waste her #AskAlex sessions by asking her what her favourite biscuit is (so they can pretend to know her on Facebook), the fans here have always been concerned and focused on her career. Nothing we're saying is malicious so to be honest I'm fed up of this thread being the scapegoat when Tweam have done far worse, even to the point of bullying other fans.

I don't see why it's always this thread that has to apologize or be the bigger people when it's clear that some just don't even care.

They'd rather have secret dinners with sheep fans who don't even really care for Alex (see Manda the Beyoncé stan) than listen to the fans here who have been following Alex from day ONE. It's just not right really, and I don't even know why I've stayed around so long with this kind of rude treatment.

When HOH flopped, WE were the only ones positively promoting Alex and defending her. Tweam were SILENT for months, they didn't say a WORD, while we were on here defending Alex and supporting her.

When she cancelled the original 2nd album in 2011, we stood by and waited for her, we even supported her XF stint which was widely panned and got on to her management about the lack of promotion (Alex later fired them). We've been here through all of Alex's ups and downs, even with this US launch, we promoted her like crazy on this site, some of us even opened a Twitter account to get her more fans and yet we're "trolls".

I think you have said it best in your previous post - "respect is a two way street"

Lets face it, the last couple years have been a challenge to say the least, times of hope, optimism and some of sheer frustration, we have all been through it as AB supporters. There has probably been things said by David in frustration that he shouldn't but lets not act as if that hasn't happened here or twitter too. Thats what I'm trying to get at... nobody here can take the moral high ground as it takes two (or more) to tango.

For example, look at the hostile replies I got back from fanfromholland & JustArun for offering a counter view to their post - not exactly the most welcoming is it? ..but whatever I ain't bothered.

If I'm being honest, I think things need to be drawn a line under and move forward. As shoed said, everyone has their own opinions so I believe its a case of just respecting them or just argeeing to disagree. If you or others want to question the validity of BG then fine, question it respectfully & constructively. If David feels he wishes to retweet and spread the feedback about the show the let him do so, everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as its RESPECTFULLY conducted. No need to refer to the other as deluded or a troll etc.

Like many others, I have read this forum for a while waaaay before I ever bothered joining and things never used to be this hostile or petty, from both sides. Is there not a way to just agree to disagree then all can move forward? or just keep out eachothers way by not insulting. Read the last couple pages when shoed starting insulting the family, I dont recall any remark was made by David towards him or anyone here before that so it's clear to see that was a reactive reply to use the term troll.

The main point I'm trying to get is that you have some valid points but going over it and digging it up wont achieve anything. It is clear people have their own stance and nobody here is "whiter than white" (David, Tweam, this forum etc etc).

I suggest we all move on (hence why I repeatedly asked if anyone else is going to a show & what hopes do they have for after BG - be it this year or 2015) and just remain respectful to eachother, regardless of differences in opinion.

Despite the differences, you, the forum, tweam and David all want the same thing, a successful AB. Do you see where I'm coming from atleast? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol :)